RUMOR: Browns to take Wyoming QB Josh Allen #1 Overall per Peter King

Take it for what it’s worth. If true then wow, the Browns are still the Browns. What a mistake in the making. 

UPDATE: Broadcast by some social media pages as fact and some more reputable sources as more of a strong rumor. 

Edited by SoCoBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

This isn't fact. He reported what he heard from a "friend" of Dorsey's. This is the "friend's" opinion. That is all

Exactly.  

FOD (Friend of Dorsey) thinks Browns will go Allen-Saquon at 1 and 4. What would an April MMQB be without another draft rumor?! This friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey believes he’ll go Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen over Sam Darnold with the first overall pick, keep the fourth pick, and take Penn State running back Saquon Barkley. “I would be surprised if he traded down,” FOD told me. “This would be his chance to take his two offensive cornerstones for the next eight or 10 years.” The most interesting thing there? That FOD thinks Dorsey will not trade. I think that’s great. Cleveland’s been very good at trading and stockpiling, and not very good at drafting, in the last few years. I hope Dorsey’s more about the (relatively) sure things instead of Cleveland leading the league in draft picks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well that means 2nd overall will NOT be traded. 

So Giants - Darnold

Jets - Rosen

I hurt as much as you... but for the conspiracy theorists maybe that was all smoke and there's a chance Darnold could be 'bought' at 2..

But I thought Dorsey and the new front office were some great football minds that would turn the franchise around? And I thought that there were all these great QBs this draft that would be franchise guys? Ask 5 people who their top QB is in this draft and it's likely that they give you 5 different answers as no one seems to be able to agree on who's the best pick for #1. They all appear to have the potential to be good, but none stand out as cant miss.

But this could work out well for them if what they are saying is true. It still leaves Rosen and Darnold at 2 and 3 and they can then take Chubb at 4 so Hue can make his fantasy a reality....