Brooks & Jeremiah Make Picks for the Bills in the 1st and 2nd Rounds

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I hope you don't take this personally but you are a freaking ignoramus. You are criticizing me for taking a position that you are ardently supporting. Where is the logic in your response? I, as much as anyone, has been advocating for doing what you have to to get a qb. That doesn't mean that what you want to do can be done. So if you can't accomplish what you want to then you seek other options. Your response to what was originally posted makes absolutely no sense. To your credit at least you are consistent. 

I'm just curious? What are the annual fees to the "Idiot Club" you belong to. 

And I quote JohnC:

"Let's be clear I wouldn't use our first first round pick on him because the value isn't there but I would with no hesitation use our second first pick on him." 

You literally just said this on the page before you putz.

Like I said..........it's the kind of "draft board" stupidity that has lead to the Bills never selecting a QB with their original first pick in any draft............and has caused them to pass on guys they reportedly liked like Russ Wilson and Dak Prescott.

But keep talkin' **** geek.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

My preference is Josh Rosen.

As to why? Cerebral, pocket passer, accurate, and the BEST QB in this draft. I want no part of serviceable. That's mediocrity. That's what we've had for the better part of 20 years.

So, to get Rosen, you would need to trade up with the Giants.

I like Rosen, however I'm truly concerned about his red flags, concussion history, leadership and ability to motivate those around him, not an elite NFL arm, family money and California kid who may not adapt to a WNY lifestyle.

I'm concerned he is Rob Johnson 2.0 and trading the majority of our picks could set us back three years.

What would you trade to the Giants to get the 2nd pick?

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

So, to get Rosen, you would need to trade up with the Giants.

I like Rosen, however I'm truly concerned about his red flags, concussion history, leadership and ability to motivate those around him, not an elite NFL arm, family money and California kid who may not adapt to a WNY lifestyle.

I'm concerned he is Rob Johnson 2.0 and trading the majority of our picks could set us back three years.

What would you trade to the Giants to get the 2nd pick?

12, 22 and next year's first. Maybe a second if they need that too.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

12, 22 and next year's first. Maybe a second if they need that too.

I'd live with 12 and 22 and next years 1st.  Nothing more then that and if Cleveland takes Josh Allen at 1, then I'm staying at 12 and improving the team by using my picks in picks other then QB.

Rosen has way too many red flags for me to trade up for.  Darnold is turnover prone and has small hands, Rosen has concussion issues, Mayfield is still 6'1" and may have maturity issues.

Allen is the one guy I would trade up for.  I think he may be a true perfect fit in Buffalo with time to develop.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Given the price to trade up, I'm thinking more and more that it's not happening.

So what QB (if any) will we take if not one of the top 2 or 3?   

Nabbing Rudolf at 22 or 53 doesn't seem crazy.

As the trading deadline nears,  the Giants demands may come down. Remember they need two to tango. The other teams don't have the same draft capital as the Bills...something the Giants will covet. Having read everything about Lamar Jackson, I would bet that he won't get past the Bills at 12.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

First off, you simpleton... I'm not obliged to entertain your lack of wit, but I'll do it anyway.

I'd not draft Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. I'd pay whatever price is necessary to get the Giants pick, and barring that, attempt to pry 4 from Cleveland. If I can't do that, I'm on the phone with the Colts. ANYTHING to avoid a mediocre QB in the name of taking a !@#$ING LINEBACKER.

Now go sit in the corner, pal.

Man, I can't wait for this draft to come & be over, so this petty animosity between board members can come to an end.

Lighten up everybody!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

First off, you simpleton... I'm not obliged to entertain your lack of wit, but I'll do it anyway.

I'd not draft Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. I'd pay whatever price is necessary to get the Giants pick, and barring that, attempt to pry 4 from Cleveland. If I can't do that, I'm on the phone with the Colts. ANYTHING to avoid a mediocre QB in the name of taking a !@#$ING LINEBACKER.

Now go sit in the corner, pal.

A guy whose idea of an original reply is "AIDS" accusing someone ELSE of lacking wit. Classic.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I quote JohnC:

"Let's be clear I wouldn't use our first first round pick on him because the value isn't there but I would with no hesitation use our second first pick on him." 

You literally just said this on the page before you putz.

Like I said..........it's the kind of "draft board" stupidity that has lead to the Bills never selecting a QB with their original first pick in any draft............and has caused them to pass on guys they reportedly liked like Russ Wilson and Dak Prescott.

But keep talkin' **** geek.

You have the thinking capacity of a cement head. Rudolph is not worth being picked at the 12 spot. He is in my view worth being taken in the first round at the 22nd spot. If you don't understand the the value aspect to where a player is taken then you are not salvageable. Just because you have a need for a qb, which most everyone acknowledges, that doesn't mean you throw away your common sense. Rudolph is a good prospect but a developmental prospect who won't be ready in his first two years. Most people but the zealot blockheads who have the thinking capacity of a dead worm accept your notion that any qb is worthy enough to be taken at a higher round even if the odds are overwhelming in your favor that he will be available with a lower first round pick. 

Let me offer you a recommendation: Go to the nearest lost and found office and see if they found the common sense that you think you lost. The clerk will tell you that it isn't on their shelf because you never had it to lose. If there was a HOF for stupid people you would be a unanimous first ballot selection. Congratulations! 

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I think CB is very much a possibility. This is the Bills and regime after regime takes 1st round CB's often, as McCoach did last year.

White is solid on one side but a 30 year old Davis coming off surgery is all they really have, that UCF CB could look mighty good to them.

Keep that thought to yourself.  I suggested the same and the hate was real.

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I believe in brevity. Given your overly verbose nature, you could use some 

"First off, you simpleton... I'm not obliged to entertain your lack of wit"

A guy who says he believes in brevity but also posted the above quotes, now accusing someone ELSE of excessive verbosity. Classic.

Just now, Logic said:

A guy who says he believes in brevity but also posted the above quotes, now accusing someone ELSE of excessive verbosity. Classic.

Now you’re just being difficult. My initial response “AIDS” was meant to convey the same thing in a single word.

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I believe in brevity. Given your overly verbose nature, you could use some 

Brevity is a worthwhile endeavor on a fan board, I just question the judgement of someone who uses the word "AIDS" to convey displeasure with another idiotic mock draft. And you're not the only one to use this word, BTW. 

1 minute ago, BuffaninATL said:

Brevity is a worthwhile endeavor on a fan board, I just question the judgement of someone who uses the word "AIDS" to convey displeasure with another idiotic mock draft. And you're not the only one to use this word, BTW. 

Someone is always offended by something. I quit trying to accommodate.

1 minute ago, BuffaninATL said:

This.

But then, the guy's avatar picture is literally the words "U mad, bro?", so I'm guessing the idea that people find his comment offensive doesn't bother him one bit.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Man, if your one-word and not at all relevant reply of "AIDS" in a football discussion is representative of your typical level of discourse, I can see why people are "always offended". You're clearly going about things the right way nowadays, though.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

You are to be commended for your principled approach. There are countless other ways to express displeasure....just a really poor choice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Plz trade whatever it takes to get to #2.

I dont care if it takes 4 first round picks.

Brady is retiring soon. Rosen/Darnold would own the division for the next decade after he retires.

Plz dont let the jets get either :(

I want us to get that number 2 pick from the Giants so bad, I can taste it.   I'm with you in that i agree, with Brady soon retiring, the time to grab our franchise guy is this draft, and I covet Rosen.  Darnold not so much, but I would be okay with him.  Mayfield, yes please.  

But man, 4 first rounders?  I just can't pull that trigger....and I'm probably one of the most QB desperate posters on here!   I'm ready to part with 12, 22, 53, 65, and next years 1st, and MAYBE next years 3rd or 4th.   Question:  has any team given up 4 first rounders to move up 10 spots in the draft?  or just given up 4 first rounders period?

Just now, Logic said:

Man, if your one-word and not at all relevant reply of "AIDS" in a football discussion is representative of your typical level of discourse, I can see why people are "always offended". You're clearly going about things the right way nowadays, though.

New to the internet, I take it? 

We still have an opportunity to go up in the draft and get a top guy. I don't get people wanting to give up on that approach. This draft will be a huge disappointment if we don't come out of it with one of the top guys.  We are setup with all these picks to make that happen. I suspect McBeane hasn't given up on getting Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. The notion of settling for a guy is a mistake IMO.

1 hour ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I'm an unabashed Rosen Fan but I've been thinking that we're not going to trade up.  Six picks.  Six picks in the first three rounds.  Imagine what we could do with that.  We do have a lot of positions that need filling. 

I want Rosen baaaad. (Mayfield 2nd), and I'm having a hard time even thinking about what we'd do if we don't get that #2 pick from the Giants.....

But the more and more i look at it, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds is some UNQUESTIONABLE ability to seriously improve your team, overnight.  

Honestly, this is a pretty good dilemma to have ourselves in.   (now watch, now that I've been able to settle down and accept this way of thinking, McBeane will make the trade to #2 tonight or tomorrow lol)

I hope everyone here realizes an obvious point; despite our desire to trade up and amount of draft capital which should enable us to do it, it takes two teams to tango no matter how badly us as fans want a deal to get done to move up.

9 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

You are to be commended for your principled approach. There are countless other ways to express displeasure....just a really poor choice.

I'm guessing I have a somewhat cynical sense of humor.  I chuckled when I read his comment.  Couldn't help but follow his remark with my own thoughts of:

"the jews and the gays and the whites and the spades".....:lol::lol:

Just now, BuffaninATL said:

I hope everyone here realizes an obvious point; despite our desire to trade up and amount of draft capital which should enable us to do it, it takes two teams to tango no matter how badly us as fans want a deal to get done to move up.

Don't give up on it, someone will take the bait.

6 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I want Rosen baaaad. (Mayfield 2nd), and I'm having a hard time even thinking about what we'd do if we don't get that #2 pick from the Giants.....

But the more and more i look at it, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds is some UNQUESTIONABLE ability to seriously improve your team, overnight.  

Honestly, this is a pretty good dilemma to have ourselves in.   (now watch, now that I've been able to settle down and accept this way of thinking, McBeane will make the trade to #2 tonight or tomorrow lol)

That's the question for me: ROSEN vs. 6 draft picks?

I want Rosen bad too but it's still the question.

3 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

That's the question for me: ROSEN vs. 6 draft picks?

I want Rosen bad too but it's still the question.

If i (do my best) take emotion out of it, I ask myself, how sure am that Rosen is the game-changing, once in 20 years franchise QB that this organization has been searching for?  If my answer is yes, then i don't even blink an eye before those 6 picks are gone.  As steep as it sounds, it's a small price to pay. 

But if I'm not 100% on him.....maybe. 

Just now, smuvtalker said:

If i (do my best) take emotion out of it, I ask myself, how sure am that Rosen is the game-changing, once in 20 years franchise QB that this organization has been searching for?  If my answer is yes, then i don't even blink an eye before those 6 picks are gone.  As steep as it sounds, it's a small price to pay. 

But if I'm not 100% on him.....maybe. 

That's what I think about.  If I can trade up to 2 for a reasonable price, then i do it, because I know rosen will be there.

But otherwise?  Just stockpile the talent.

I know Rosen will be great, but our position is so great, that I won't overpay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You have the thinking capacity of a cement head. Rudolph is not worth being picked at the 12 spot. He is in my view worth being taken in the first round at the 22nd spot. If you don't understand the the value aspect to where a player is taken then you are not salvageable. Just because you have a need for a qb, which most everyone acknowledges, that doesn't mean you throw away your common sense. Rudolph is a good prospect but a developmental prospect who won't be ready in his first two years. Most people but the zealot blockheads who have the thinking capacity of a dead worm accept your notion that any qb is worthy enough to be taken at a higher round even if the odds are overwhelming in your favor that he will be available with a lower first round pick. 

Let me offer you a recommendation: Go to the nearest lost and found office and see if they found the common sense that you think you lost. The clerk will tell you that it isn't on their shelf because you never had it to lose. If there was a HOF for stupid people you would be a unanimous first ballot selection. Congratulations! 

You draft a QB in round 1 because you think he has a real chance to be the face of your franchise and lead your team for the next 15 years.

If you are willing to risk losing the future face of your franchise between pick #12 and #22 then you either:

1) don't like the QB and shouldn't even be looking at him in early rounds

2) are married to a grading system that doesn't serve you well (Joe scouted and gave TJ Graham a 5.8 and Tom scouted and gave Russell Wilson a 5.7 so Wilson wasn't value on our board:doh:)

3) Or you are just plain stupid.

No matter how many times this plays out the precious few teams that pass over QB's and then get a good one in later rounds always look like they won the !@#$ing lottery by accident..........you never see a case where the guys picked before that QB look more valuable than the QB.   NEVER.    Because the impact of a good QB is worth 20X a good "anything else". 

As for your attempts to insult.......you articulate your anger like an 10 year old who goes to a Seventh Day Adventist school.   Weak.   Save it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

That's what I think about.  If I can trade up to 2 for a reasonable price, then i do it, because I know rosen will be there.

But otherwise?  Just stockpile the talent.

I know Rosen will be great, but our position is so great, that I won't overpay.

Great point, and one that I've not even thought about because of how badly I want us to move up and get our guy.   +100

• Like (+1) 1