Chances increasing that Gronk will be traded

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Who cares what it would elicit. He tried snapping our all star rookies neck like an idiotic piece of garbage. 

I used to like him, I’d even defend him sometimes. He’s a piece of trash in my eyes now. 

Took the words out of my mouth. !@#$ him

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hasn’t even committed to playing yet this year 

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup.  I’d say he retires before accepting a trade. 

I don't follow this line of reasoning. He's under contract AND everyone heard his non-committal statements after the SB. I have a hard time believing a trade/retire scenario is realistic.

And why the hell would the Pats trade him anyway with Brady getting closer to retirement?

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

He is going to be an actor.  

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Probably a really good one too, you know, if he ever learns how to read. 

filming for the next Planet of the Apes sequel is coming up, isn’t it?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I was at Mohegan Sun when Gronk was there and just missed bumping into him(my friend did).  If I ever get within earshot of Gronk- I am going to yell "Go home Gronk!  We forgive you.  Your family misses you.  Come home to your city.  Help us bring the Lombardi trophy home to Buffalo!"  I think that would elicit a smile from Gronk

You assume you live to talk about it....

Tre White nearly went splat and he is an excellent athlete! I can't imagine the damage if he was just a below medicore message board poster...

PS, screw him. Why wld you want him here? 

More avatar, less words please...

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I cant see the locker room liking that even if it helped our talent level - would take some serious coaching work. 

What has this locker room done to show you that they'll care about anything like this?

Sammy, Tyrod, Dareus... all gone... Not much of a reaction.

They didn't seem to care much after he dropped an elbow on Tre. They didn't seem to care at all when Tyrod was benched, McDermott swerved taking responsibility, then put Tyrod back in. I don't really know about a lot of these guys they have here. 

They don't seem to respond to much when it comes to personal relationships or anything of that nature. Which could be a good thing also.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I was at Mohegan Sun when Gronk was there and just missed bumping into him(my friend did).  If I ever get within earshot of Gronk- I am going to yell "Go home Gronk!  We forgive you.  Your family misses you.  Come home to your city.  Help us bring the Lombardi trophy home to Buffalo!"  I think that would elicit a smile from Gronk

Don’t speak for all of us. Cause there are a huge amount of people that would rather see him never step foot into this city again. 

Besides all that, I had a box of rocks as a kid and they can speak complete sentences better than he can. 

5 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Why would anyone trade for a guy who's contemplating retirement

Agreed.  Good question.  I guess a team who thought they were a playmaker away and were all in going for it.

I would think a team with a good offense and Franchise QB that is aging and the window is closing.

NYG - OBJ for Gronk and something (very unlikely)

So, here are places I could see this happening (in no particular order)...

1.  Atlanta - Matt Ryan (they hover between and good and above average offense)

2.  LA Rams - Philip Rivers (they were a good team on both sides of the ball after a bad, unlucky start). 

3.  Detroit - Matt Stanford (he’s never had that great TE.  Detroit tried in the 1st round twice - Pettigrew/Enron)

4.  Minnesota - Kirk Cousins (meh)

All of the above are NFC.  I don’t think NE would Gronk to an AFC team.  And, I don’t think Gronk will be traded.  But, if he did, I would guess the LA Rams.