Who had the strongest arm in NFL history?

major

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stafford has a much stronger arm than Rodgers. 

Stafford has strong arm no doubt, but show me a Stafford throw stronger then Rodgers at the :17 mark and the following 3 throws.  A picture is worth a 1000 words.  What you got?

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, major said:

Jeff George. Yours?

No. Not mine. I was just a fan. 

It could be some dude like Jamarcus Russell who had no clue ow to play football....or stay away from the burple. That was a sad waste of potential. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jack Kemp was another QB with big arm.

Jack would need a big arm to get it back to the line of scrimmage after retreating so far running away from pressure. Kinda like he was the original Johnny Football! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

No. Not mine. I was just a fan. 

It could be some dude like Jamarcus Russell who had no clue ow to play football....or stay away from the burple. That was a sad waste of potential. 

Jack would need a big arm to get it back to the line of scrimmage after retreating so far running away from pressure. Kinda like he was the original Johnny Football! 

Yikes!  Sacrilege! You must delete your account for such a comparison to the two time Bills' AFL champion. :unsure:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yikes!  Sacrilege! You must delete your account for such a comparison to the two time Bills' AFL champion. :unsure:

My best friend in the third grade was Kemp’s son and I used to walk back to his house on occasion after school. It was very cool, and he was my hero. But Lordy, even as a kid I knew you can only run so far backwards and expect something good to come from it! I remember some crazy thing from JF like a 47 yard pass for a 4 yard gain. It stuck with me. Now, how are they as people? Different question! 

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't think Jeff George and Jamarcus Russell count. Arm strength should be also determined by accuracy and ball placement as well, not just throwing 70 yard Hail Marys. To me it's Aaron Rodgers, it takes arm strength to make those tight throws in insanely small windows.

No, the question was arm strength. That’s what I tried to answer. You lean towards who is a better thrower of the ball. Then there is reading a defense. And being a leader. Many factors go into being a great QB.

That’s why Josh Allen scares me. Great arm. Can he play QB?  No idea. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

James Harris. And it’s not even close. He did stuff on the practice field that was legend at the time. 

Are we really going to act like Rodgers, Stafford, Favre, George, etc. aren't even close to some relatively obscure guy that old-timers know?  C'mon...

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

James Harris. And it’s not even close. He did stuff on the practice field that was legend at the time. 

What a shame. So talented. I wonder what he’s up to now? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, the question was arm strength. That’s what I tried to answer. That’s why Josh Allen scares me. Great arm. Can he play QB?  No idea. 

Josh Allen's excellent arm strength can only be viewed as a positive if you're looking logically and his future as an NFL QB.  There are a bunch of other factors, and he could turn out to be a total bust, but it would be a mistake to let strong armed failures of the past discount Josh Allen's potential as a QB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Are we really going to act like Rodgers, Stafford, Favre, George, etc. aren't even close to some relatively obscure guy that old-timers know?  C'mon...

Maybe we Bills fans have a soft spot for guys who got bad breaks. A little WNY bias is fine in my mind. But I get the point. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Maybe we Bills fans have a soft spot for guys who got bad breaks. A little WNY bias is fine in my mind. But I get the point. 

Yeah I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade sorry, I just have to imagine that simply due to training advancements, supplementation, exercise science etc. that a strong arm in 2018 is just completely beyond a strong arm in 1970.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Josh Allen's excellent arm strength can only be viewed as a positive if you're looking logically and his future as an NFL QB.  There are a bunch of other factors, and he could turn out to be a total bust, but it would be a mistake to let strong armed failures of the past discount Josh Allen's potential as a QB.

Hey, I’m not ignoring his ridiculous ceiling. Nor his floor. I don’t pretend to know, and that’s why I hope we have the best scouts and FO! I’m praying this class is loaded and we get a good one relatively cheap.