Jim Kelly Cancer Recovery - Final Surgery Scheduled for 11/28/18

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This brought back some memories. I went to Kelly’s very first camp. We had flag football teams and played games at then end of each day. My team was the worse team out there. Jelly came over to our field and said let me step in for a play. I was the center. I snapped the ball back and blocked. Jimbo throws a bomb, and get picked off. I turned around and looked at him, he smiled and said ‘ don’t say a thing’ . I was like ‘ our normal QB was already throwing those’. Ha

Jim is a great guy. Hope he gets well and is around for many more years. Jim deserves to see the Bills win a SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Took the week off to to be there with my kid.   I can tell you that Jim has been there each day, for a majority of the day and has done a ton of talking.

Having my son there has been a complete blessing as Jim really doesn't take any crap and expects a lot from the kids who signed up.   Watching my little guy get one on one instruction from a Hall of Famer overwhelmed me more than I imagined it would.   The second day my son was doing some footwork on the 50 and Jim stopped and showed him a few things.

I am extremely thankful for he and his family in the community.  He is a true warrior.  The fact he is out there a couple days after surgery should begin and end the conversation.  Enough about how how he looks if we can.

An aside, I know Chad Kelly gets a tough go of it on this board, but his message to the kids yesterday was very thoughtful and impressive.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Praying its nothing bad

I'm probably being Captain Obvious here, but unexpected check-ups are rarely to go over good news.  Just hope it's not really bad.

Its easy to immediately fear the worst, you would think that if it were bad news, they would get him in there ASAP, not next month...

It could be something structurally in there that's bothering him, or maybe hasn't healed correctly or whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Its easy to immediately fear the worst, you would think that if it were bad news, they would get him in there ASAP, not next month...

It could be something structurally in there that's bothering him, or maybe hasn't healed correctly or whatever.

This is what Im hoping for

Just now, May Day 10 said:

None of us knows the details of what's going on, so I agree.  Hope for the best and send him some positive waves/vibes/prayers however you choose to do that.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:40 AM, eball said:

I'm probably being Captain Obvious here, but unexpected check-ups are rarely to go over good news.  Just hope it's not really bad.

I doubt it would be. If it was really bad then I'm sure he would have it checked out earlier than August.