I love this forum

I have been a member here for years, but did most of my posting over at the BBMB when it was active.  I'm also a member of another message board.  I'll refrain from saying the name.  The moderators probably wouldn't like that.  Anyway, I never felt any hostility when I came back here and started posting again.  I have a couple general rules I follow.  I never get personal with anybody, and I don't get into debates.  I'll put my opinion out there and if somebody wants to disagree with me, fine.  My biggest pet peeve is posters who express an opinion as fact, with an accompanying implication that anybody who disagrees is an idiot.  

• Like (+1) 2

I was just think about that fantasy football game they had at bb.com. Some computer program or something. Very intricate stuff, lots of guys played it, I wondered what happened to that when bb.com went  *poof* 

Did they get a warning it was closing so they could find a new place to meet up or just lost it all?

On 3/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I have so much fun here. Debates are fun, everybody is ultra witty. The petty arguments get obnoxious, but that's the internet :) .

But regarding the BBMB hating, just relax folks. I love having more posters from I (assume) a different culture.

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.
Fear, hatred, or mistrust of that which is foreign,

Can we stop putting down BBMB posters please? If you're a little slow. xenophobia is a bad thing.

I bar this love;)

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I have been a member here for years, but did most of my posting over at the BBMB when it was active.  I'm also a member of another message board.  I'll refrain from saying the name.  The moderators probably wouldn't like that.  Anyway, I never felt any hostility when I came back here and started posting again.  I have a couple general rules I follow.  I never get personal with anybody, and I don't get into debates.  I'll put my opinion out there and if somebody wants to disagree with me, fine.  My biggest pet peeve is posters who express an opinion as fact, with an accompanying implication that anybody who disagrees is an idiot.  

+1.. but what gets me is I'm not always sure if it's intentional. Do some people REALLY believe it's their way or the highway? Or is that just how they post on a message board. I always get a kick out of it bc anyway you slice it - at this juncture, there is no right answer. More so, many of these debates won't even start to form answers until years from now. Personally, I LOVE reading debates and why people feel xxx is better than xxx. But some of these proclamations due to what essentially amounts to a man crush are way off base and stated as fact.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I miss my little Schpiely.

At least I have teef, Blueskee and Thatswhatshesaid here.

You would

8 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I was just think about that fantasy football game they had at bb.com. Some computer program or something. Very intricate stuff, lots of guys played it, I wondered what happened to that when bb.com went  *poof* 

Did they get a warning it was closing so they could find a new place to meet up or just lost it all?

One day day there was a note on the site and it was over.  No warning.  

On 3/24/2018 at 10:36 PM, NickelCity said:

I've never visited BBMB, and it did seem to throw things into chaos here when the everyone migrated over. Still having a good time talking bills, and the traffic is a good thing.

i started on bbmb in 04 when we had drew bledsack. after a year on here, it seems like 50% of the posters i recognize from that board. some kept their name and some did not although after all that time i can tell who they are/were.

anywho, i've gotten used to it here. i am so addicted to the bills and this site, i probably spend way too much time on here....no, i'm sure i do.

i also apologize for never having mastered the use of the caps button on my 10 yr. old laptop.

It’s a rite of passage. Don’t flatter yourself BBMB’ers. I was ridiculed by some of the mods in the beginning. This was the first place I joined and still the only one I belong too. I use it for breaking Bills news and at times to chat football with knowledgeable posters. I usually can figure out which poster is informed on which subject. I like to pick their brain on possibilities.

This forum likes new people to come in and join in on some threads before throwing a new one up about a similar topic already being discussed. I have to believe that is similar in ever fan forum. 

This offseason has seen an increase in new threads with slightly different approaches on the same topic. This points to people not really wanting to discuss a scenario but needing attention for an agenda they have. I don’t really mind it because I did it years ago myself. Eventually I figured out I can have the same discussion inside of another thread and didn’t need to start my own for self validation. To steal the sentiment of Marv’s ‘where would you rather be then right, here right now?’. There is no better forum to discuss the Bills then this one right here, right now.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I have so much fun here. Debates are fun, everybody is ultra witty. The petty arguments get obnoxious, but that's the internet :) .

But regarding the BBMB hating, just relax folks. I love having more posters from I (assume) a different culture.

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.
Fear, hatred, or mistrust of that which is foreign,

Can we stop putting down BBMB posters please? If you're a little slow. xenophobia is a bad thing.

Not blaming bbmb posters but this place has become a mess in the past year. The same topic with 15 threads is really annoying. 

On 3/24/2018 at 10:07 PM, Buffalo716 said:

It's over a year ago... new people aren't even BBMBrs 

they were for like the first month or two that's all lol

negative.  i was a BBMBer and just joined here after the trade to #12 in the draft.  i don't usually look at forums until draft week, but that move got me salivating a little earlier this season.

I think there was a different culture there. If you had an opinion on a topic that took some explaining you started a thread on it.

That isn't traditionally the way that TBD does things. We try and have topics that move along and keep people's views together. Personally I prefer that. I think we have way too many new topics being created that are not actually 'new' debates. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

how dare you!

on a side note...i have no idea why these threads keep popping up.  it's gone.  i'm over it.

I’m not over it yet. But this place is definitely better in terms of football knowledge and the ability to be allowed to speak your mind.

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I wouldn't say all of them but I can think of one :D

FlaFitz?

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not blaming bbmb posters but this place has become a mess in the past year. The same topic with 15 threads is really annoying. 

Lol, you can absolutely blame them.  But they're learning.   :)

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I see your point, but I'd factor in that the current situation is unique: the Bills need a qb, they have 5 of the first 65 picks (and two first rounders), this appears to be the best qb draft since 2004, and there's a solid chance the Bills won't get any of the top dogs. It's a situation that is bound to breed a zillion threads on essentially the same subject.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"come into the light"

"all are welcome"

I know you!! 

Image result for come to the light all are welcome

Blaming the BBMB for flooding the boards is :censored:ing stupid.     

I get some people make a joke out of it, but those that are serious have their own issues to deal with. One chief culprit has had a membership since 2002 likes to insult the "exiles", and many other thread starters have dates of 2006, 2010, 2013 and 2014.   

Why people don't want to "see" that a lot of these threads are from long time posters (some who posted in both places) is mind boggling.  

We are all one membership now.   If you don't like it .........  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.