Is there a rush to judgement on Peterman?

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

What are you saying then. Clearly the Bills and other NFL teams did not give up on TT early last season. How many millions are spent on scouting and guys still get it wrong. You can watch every second and have every piece of analysis and still get it wrong. 

Which other teams?   Please don’t list rumors.  Well if Cleveland wanted him last season they have him now.  

Sure they can get it wrong.  To whit I guess my point stands.   Pros get it wrong so how can a fan claim he has it right?

Kitby is a smart guy no doubt but he’s just a fan as far as I recall.  

image.thumb.png.dc9c4015bfca561ed622b57e2bde85fe.png

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

14 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Plenty of QBs who have had illustrious careers have had horrible starts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

I don’t care what the anomalies are. 

He’s barely played a game and a half total and has 6 picks already. 

I cant think of anything fans saw in him that makes anyone want to invest more time in him. 

A 5th Rounder is not a plan at QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t care what the anomalies are. 

He’s barely played a game and a half total and has 6 picks already. 

I cant think of anything fans saw in him that makes anyone want to invest more time in him. 

A 5th Rounder is not a plan at QB. 

What round was Tom Brady?  

A 6th Rounder

What round was Tyrod Taylor?  

A 6th Rounder

What round was Ryan Fitzpatric?  

A 7th Rounder

See the source image

23 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What round was Tom Brady?  

A 6th Rounder

What round was Tyrod Taylor?  

A 6th Rounder

What round was Ryan Fitzpatric?  

A 7th Rounder

See the source image

Give me a break. 

Whatever man. 

Maybe we we should find Levi Jones because after all he was a 7th Rounder and he “never got a fair shake”. 

Nate Peterman stunk up the joint immediately. 

A number of top QBs have had horrible games where they threw multiple interceptions, many more than one.

NFL Passes Intercepted Single Game Leaders. Here's a sampling:

Ken Stabler: 7

John Brodie: 6

Joe Namath: 6 (3x)

Norm Van Brocklin: 6

Brett Favre: 6

Peyton Manning: 6

Joe Ferguson: 6

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Edited by Sky Diver

For those still angry with McD for tarting Peterman in that Charger game... Part of the decision-making there I still believe was to get a better idea of what the team had in Peterman. To see if he could potentially be an upgrade over Tyrod and possibly even the future of the franchise. The fact that he crapped the bed easily answered those questions. Imagine if he had not started that game and all we had to go by was preseason and occasional mop-up duty. There would probably some folks still wondering seriously whether he is "the answer". I don't think even his biggest supporters around here are calling for that. I am not saying the book is out on him and that he can;t improve, but the odds of him being more than a career backup do not look good at this point.

We need to call Jeff Tuel up and let him get a “fair shake” too while we are at it- poor guy wasn’t given a whole season to show his stuff.

look, I’m sure Nate is a good guy, and probably a better QB than we have seen, but he needs to take the opportunities he gets and run with them. He’s got to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s better than what we have/had at starter. He did not. Perhaps next time- if there is a chance- he can do it... but he has shown nothing to this point that he is the future HOF QB for the Bills. We have a potential prospect in a Rookie via the draft, and McCarron. They’ll go to camp and the best prostpect will start. Peterman has until then to show us something we haven’t seen yet.