3-way trade idea

ALLEN1QB

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

ok so what would the trade look like. You did not give any details on how it would go down 

It’s probably best that way. Less is more, sometimes....

• Haha (+1) 3

I do not believe Cleveland should trade out of #4 and back to #12 when they can get the two highest rated players on their board.

- If the Bills still had Glenn, because of Thomas retiring, then maybe. #12 +#56 + #65 just give Cleveland way too many picks, so I doubt that.

I would love the move. It would only Take #4 and #22 next and we would have a pick in almost every round still.

I still believe that by trading next years #1, this years #12 and #22 will give us #2 overall. I just believe that McBeane would like to either keep #22 this year (to draft a MLB)  or keep #1 next year and the Giants won't budge unless we pay big time. 

or

If we trade #22, #56 and #96 to SF 49ers (they have no 2nd rounder) for pick #9 and their #124.

Then ship #9 and #12 to NY Giants plus a late 2019 pick they may go for it. The Giants could land 2 top 12 picks this year.

The Bills would have 6 picks this year: #2 (Rosen), #53 (MLB), #65 (OG/C/OT), #121 (Nickel Back), #166 (LB), #187 (Special Teams)

Notes:

- Denver is sitting pretty at 5 and can get a blue chipper and if Allen drops, they will take Elway 2.0. 

- The Colts will get a premium player at 6 and have enough to even move back into round 1. One of the 3 picks they covet will be there and they own round 2.

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

ok so what would the trade look like. You did not give any details on how it would go down 

We trade 12 and 22 to the Giants for #2, the Giants trade #12 and #34 to Cleveland for #4, and then Cleveland trades #12 and #34 to us for #2.  Like a Swiss watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo gets 1st overall pick

Cleveland gets 2nd overall pick, Bills #22 overall, Bills first 2nd round pick

Giants get 4th overall pick, #12 overall, Bills later 2nd round pick

Add in a few later chips between the three to balance it out...

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for this is any way, I just think this would be what it would look like if it happened.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

Mayfield or Allen could fall? Just because the world says there are 4 top QBs, does not mean they won't fall a bit. It depends on the Giants and Denver who are trying to win now.

1- Darnold

2- Barkley or Chubb

3- Rosen

4- Barkley or Chubb

5- Minkah Fitzpatrick/Quenton Nelson/Josh Allen

6- Not a QB and wants a blue chipper

7- Not a QB and wants a blue chipper

8- Not a QB and wants a blue chipper

9- Not a QB and needs a 2nd rounder

31 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

That's what they get paid the big bucks for I'm just laying out the parameters. It just makes sense if you think about it the Giants still get their man plus extra pics Cleveland gets their quarterback and a bunch of extra pics and we get our quarterback

Edited by PIP

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

you can never go wrong with a three way unless Long John Holmes is involved

Thank goodness, you know there was a thread about 3way trades a month ago and - nothing zilch like 5 pages in!!! 

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'll get on the horn with Beane stat! 

Who’s the third? You know who’s taking the other end of the “horn” 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, PIP said:

Why don't we do a 3-way trade with Cleveland and the Giants the Giants move back to 4 still get their running back and everybody is Happy except for the Jets

You, like everyone else, has hardly any idea what the Browns, Giants or Bills want...But if a situation were to align, I'm comfortable with our ability to do business with these two teams

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Buffalo gets 1st overall pick

Cleveland gets 2nd overall pick, Bills #22 overall, Bills first 2nd round pick

Giants get 4th overall pick, #12 overall, Bills later 2nd round pick

Add in a few later chips between the three to balance it out...

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for this is any way, I just think this would be what it would look like if it happened.

Thats a raw deal for the Browns, would likely need to throw in our first for next year or that 12 you have going to the giants should go to the browns. . . Hardly any compensation for the move back from 4 to 22

Edited by buffalover4life

2 hours ago, PIP said:

Why don't we do a 3-way trade with Cleveland and the Giants the Giants move back to 4 still get their running back and everybody is Happy except for the Jets

Bills get Eli, Cleveland gets McCarron and Giants get Tyrod.

2 hours ago, PIP said:

I don’t think the giants are going to draft Barkley.

I still think they are going to draft a QB at 2 unless a team makes them a trade offer they can’t refuse 

Edited by billsfan11

9 hours ago, mattynh said:

Why do poeple think the giants are targeting an rb?

Cos every time Gettleman opens his mouth it is to say that they can still win with Eli and they need to give him protection and a run game and that is the difference between good Eli years and bad Eli years. 

Of course he could be blowing smoke.... but my gut all the way through has been that the Giants are going to load up for one more run with Eli.  I think they believe that they owe it to him after the shambles last year.  I'd take a Quarterback if it was me.... but I suspect the Giants won't.  

None of that means they are a lock to move down to #12.... I think they covet both Barkley and Nelson and both will be gone by then.  It might still take 2 moves even from here is the long and short of it.  I can see Nelson getting to #7.... so that is where the Bills might want to land to convince the Giants to swap #2.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Cos every time Gettleman opens his mouth it is to say that they can still win with Eli and they need to give him protection and a run game and that is the difference between good Eli years and bad Eli years. 

Of course he could be blowing smoke.... but my gut all the way through has been that the Giants are going to load up for one more run with Eli.  I think they believe that they owe it to him after the shambles last year.  I'd take a Quarterback if it was me.... but I suspect the Giants won't.  

None of that means they are a lock to move down to #12.... I think they covet both Barkley and Nelson and both will be gone by then.  It might still take 2 moves even from here is the long and short of it.  I can see Nelson getting to #7.... so that is where the Bills might want to land to convince the Giants to swap #2.

I think you are rarely in a position of having the #2 pick in draft with a bunch of quality QB's and you don't pass on a QB for an RB to give a good running game to your 37 year old QB.   I am sure Eli will be playing most of this year and I am sure they want to give him or whoever the QB is a better OL/run game.   If they want to fix protection and run game they should trade down to gather multiple picks.  I do think that is a possibility but I also think if they are unwilling to trade that pick they are going QB.  I also agree you might need to do two moves.   

Edited by mattynh

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I think you are rarely in a position of having the #2 pick in draft with a bunch of quality QB's and you don't pass on a QB for an RB to give a good running game to your 38 year old RB.   I am sure Eli will be playing most of this year and I am sure they want to give him or whoever the QB is a better OL/run game.   If they want to fix protection and run game they should trade down to gather multiple picks.  I do think that is a possibility but I also think if they are unwilling to trade that pick they are going QB.  I also agree you might need to do two moves.   

I agree with the logic.  I just don't think that is how the Giants are thinking.