Bills Have a Standing Offer for LB Preston Brown

sven233

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Reid from the niners is a versatile LB/safety who I would not mind bringing in for this defense. 

I sat next to Eric and Justin's grandfather recently on a flight.  Eric and Justin's dad was an NCAA Champion Hurdler at LSU and Mom was also an Olympic level athlete.

Dr. Reid shared with me Eric and Justin's background and their amazing athletic accomplishments. More importantly how they were raised.  They are an amazing family!  They fit the culture McD and Beane are seeking.

Eric has had only tepid interest in the market which he has blamed on his support of Kapernick.  He would be a great, great, great pick up...he can do it all.  Even with Poyer and Hyde, he would be on the field a lot and Hyde could drop to slot or boundary corner.

I know Beane said no more splashes....but Eric Reid for a bargain would be a steal. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

@RyanTalbotBills: Update: Source says talks with Bills have concluded. “He’s going where he feels wanted and returning home to the #Bengals.” 

Woo hoo!

Thank you (again) Bengals! Good riddance JAG Brown. Your snippiness through the FA process was unnecessary.

Good. Dime a dozen talent who doesn't have his teammates' back.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Brown.

g1mpm0kaauwdybbdpghj.gif

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

@RyanTalbotBills: Update: Source says talks with Bills have concluded. “He’s going where he feels wanted and returning home to the #Bengals.” 

Woo hoo!

Thank you (again) Bengals! Good riddance JAG Brown. Your snippiness through the FA process was unnecessary.

7 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Damn man.  The Bengals have come through for us AGAIN!!

bb63b38e14aae252e129bbb59e7722cb.jpg

YES!

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

$4M/yr?  Seriously?  Kuechly is getting $7.6M this year, then $10M/yr for the next three after that.  Not saying he's Kuechly, but even Dirty Kiko is making $7+M a year.  The Blaster should be getting $5-6M/yr at least.  Bills clearly sending the message that they're not that interested.

We don’t know what the Bills offered. The OP said he thinks that’s what he’s worth.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hope those who wanted to pay him in the 4-7 million per year range on a multiyear contract come back and re-read this thread. This is how the league value dudes like Preston.

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No one said "hope".  Just said they would be okay with it.

I said that "I hope" that people come back and re-read this thread. That's all. What people were okay with and what Brown likely got are probably not closely aligned. Clearly he isn't worth nearly as much as people would have been okay with. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I said that "I hope" that people come back and re-read this thread. That's all. What people were okay with and what Brown likely got are probably not closely aligned. Clearly he isn't worth nearly as much as people would have been okay with. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying. 

Yeah....misread the "hope" part.

I'm interested to see what he got.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Good. Dime a dozen talent who doesn't have his teammates' back.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Brown.

g1mpm0kaauwdybbdpghj.gif

I know it shouldn't and what I am about to type is dumb.  Really I do but....

They could have cut Bown and Pitts after this game and I would have been okay with it.  Both of them watched a cheap shot on their team mate and did nothing.  15 yards is worth showing your team that you support them and won't take anyone playing dirty.  Watching this on replay is so upsetting.  Both of these guys watch Gronk destroy Tre and are little bitches about it.  Most upsetting part of the Landry hit on A Williams wasn't the hit but the lack of reaction from his team.  This was the same situation all over again.

Add in his really really dumb comments about New England before FA and good riddance.  I don't hate any players that leave and I think he is a better player than people give him credit for but I'm not sad to see him go.

replying to this topic has made me watch this hit repeatedly.  How tf did no one respond!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'd like to get Edmunds too, but we CANNOT pass on QB at 12!! Maybe Star and Kyle/rookie DT will allow Preston Brown to roam the opponents backfield. Then we can see what Brown can do for you?

Brown cant do anything for me now. Edmunds, Vanderesch and Milano as a starting group sounds great. Preferred this over a reach QB at 12. 

26 minutes ago, section122 said:

They could have cut Bown and Pitts after this game and I would have been okay with it.  Both of them watched a cheap shot on their team mate and did nothing.  15 yards is worth showing your team that you support them and won't take anyone playing dirty.  Watching this on replay is so upsetting.  Both of these guys watch Gronk destroy Tre and are little bitches about it.  Most upsetting part of the Landry hit on A Williams wasn't the hit but the lack of reaction from his team.  This was the same situation all over again.

Add in his really really dumb comments about New England before FA and good riddance.  I don't hate any players that leave and I think he is a better player than people give him credit for but I'm not sad to see him go.

replying to this topic has made me watch this hit repeatedly.  How tf did no one respond!

The more I watch, the thing that pisses me off the most is Pitts' little wuss attempt to "stop" Gronk, then pretty much getting out of his way.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

We don’t know what the Bills offered. The OP said he thinks that’s what he’s worth.

Thank you.  I read all these comments here about what he should be paid or whatever completely disregarding what I said.....

I said that I would pay him no more than $4mil.  Maybe I would have gone to $4.5-$5 on a short term deal if necessary, but that is pretty pricey for a player like Brown.  I didn't say he wouldn't get more than that.  I just said I didn't think he was worth paying because he never makes game changing plays.  He is a good player, but easily replaceable.  The guys making $7mil+ should be impact players......not just a guy.....

Anyway, I appreciate you actually understanding what I was saying in terms of me placing that value on him and not saying that is what I thought he was going to be paid.  I appreciate people that know how to read.

I look forward to seeing what he did get from the Bengals, though.  My guess is probably around $5.5-$6.5 on a 1 year deal.

3 hours ago, section122 said:

Not anything stupid about your post. I agree with you.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:15 AM, Sig1Hunter said:

4 mil per? For your starting middle linebacker that happened to lead the league in tackles? I agree,  he isn't that game changing MLB. But the guy can play and is a steady performer.  4m/year seems pretty skimpy for a guy with his resume,  doesn't it?

On 3/16/2018 at 1:25 AM, NeckMeat182 said:

He played in every game for 4 yrs straight and made 3 mil over 4 yrs.  Pay the man 7mil a yr avg for 4 years and front load it incase a better option come around.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:47 AM, Domdab99 said:

this

On 3/16/2018 at 6:10 AM, YoloinOhio said:

4 mill a year? He will absolutely get more elsewhere. Including here if he signs.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:43 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

$4M/yr?  Seriously?  Kuechly is getting $7.6M this year, then $10M/yr for the next three after that.  Not saying he's Kuechly, but even Dirty Kiko is making $7+M a year.  The Blaster should be getting $5-6M/yr at least.  Bills clearly sending the message that they're not that interested.

The money just came back on Preston Brown's contract......  How'd he do compared to the money I said I thought he was worth? 

This is not me saying I told you so or anything like that.  He maybe could have gotten more elsewhere for all I know.  But the fact is that he is not an elite player.  He is a decent player that is replaceable and not worth the big money other LBs were getting.

Regardless, we do have a big hole at MLB now and I do expect it to be addressed early in the draft, depending on what picks we have left if we trade up.  There are some good ones in the draft and I expect we might be better at MLB next season depending on who we get.

Edited by sven233