B Beane is a freaking witch and I want him to negotiate my life

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can we agree that Brandon Beane > Chuck Norris?

Why is that?  He traded Sammy, but he also traded for KB and picked up deonte Thompson mid season.  We haven’t gotten one yet this offseason but there’s plenty of time. I think we’ll resign Thompson and add another solid WR in the draft or FA. Next year will be the year to grab the WR when KB leaves.  He hasn’t even had a draft with us yet.  I hope the plan is to get our rookie qb some weapons to work with when he’s ready.

Yeah first get the QB so he can begin developing toward his prime. Then as he's really getting good add the weapons around him. Beane has cleaned up our cap situation so we'll have the ability to add talent around the QB as he goes into years 2 and 3. It's a coherent, synchronized plan.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And honestly, that's it.  That's all I have to say and it had to be said and I don't really care if there is another thread on this subject.

Truthfully, I feel like crawling out of my bedroom window and screaming it from my F'ing roof at the top of my lungs like Peter Finch in the movie Network, but my wife and daughter are trying to sleep.

Jeepers how good is this guy as a GM.  (Not a question)

Mods lock if you must, but I had to get it out.

Go Bills.

When we get our QB, then you can scream out loud !!!

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Why do I feel like I have gone down this road many times over the past ~20 years. Lets wait and see before we crown him king. 

exactly. not a single snap has been made.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And honestly, that's it.  That's all I have to say and it had to be said and I don't really care if there is another thread on this subject.

Truthfully, I feel like crawling out of my bedroom window and screaming it from my F'ing roof at the top of my lungs like Peter Finch in the movie Network, but my wife and daughter are trying to sleep.

Go Bills.

Im all in on the cult of process. Where’s the kool aid

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Making the playoffs in his first year with a team people thought was tanking is a good start

The team was better the two previous seasons under Rex Ryan...  They kinda got very lucky and backed into the playoff's.

Not trying to take away the playoff's from them, but c'mon, have to be realistic about it.

39 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

The team was better the two previous seasons under Rex Ryan...  They kinda got very lucky and backed into the playoff's.

Not trying to take away the playoff's from them, but c'mon, have to be realistic about it.

Today I learned 8-8, 7-9 and third place is better than 9-7 and second place. 

I’m sick of the “backed into the playoffs” narrative. The Bills did their job and beat better teams than Baltimore did. Yes, it came down to last minute heroics for Baltimore to lose their last game of the season. But had that Baltimore loss come literally any other week of the season, the “backed into the playoffs” story wouldn’t exist. 

10 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go Bills.

Nothing short of amazing. Significant draft picks for players we didn’t want. Salary cap room created. A couple major holes filled. Beaucoup draft capital to go whichever way his heart desires. Beany has made an amazing start. Now he has to finish the job.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

that's why you should be impressed.  the team was less talented, and managed to make the playoffs.  say what you want about backing in...this team hasn't been able to back into anything in the last 18 years.  

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Talent wise they were but playing aa a team no way...those teams were a bunch of individuals that had no clue what they were doing on defense

13 hours ago, ngbills said:

Why do I feel like I have gone down this road many times over the past ~20 years. Lets wait and see before we crown him king. 

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not wanting to diss on the Beaner's accomplishments this FA which have impressed me as others.  

But his grade with me is "incomplete" until we have an OL and some WR.

May one ask this of the Beanmeister before proclaiming his ascent to Organizational Godhead?

10 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

There was much similar reaction to Tim Murray during his early days as Sabres' GM.

He was widely applauded and met with much enthusiasm from the fan base for his brutally matter of fact directness, cold blooded demeanor, and willingness to be a wild gambler.  

That was before he was fired and everyone began to realize he set the franchise back 3-5 years, mind you.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

When we get our QB, then you can scream out loud !!!

6 hours ago, 87168 said:

exactly. not a single snap has been made.

Gentlemen I respect you all greatly and thank you for your input.

That said, no thank you.  

Because as of this day, or rather as of yesterday, March 14, 2018, I am happy.  I am more than happy.  If I may quote the great Tom Landry, "I am some where between peachy keen and tickled pink."

Beane has done a great job..so far, and that's the point.  I am loving what he has done so far.  I am not waiting for the next thing because the next thing hasn't happened yet.  After that there will be another thing (pre-season), then another thing ("who is starting opening day?"), then another thing ("we should make the switch now before the season is over") and so on and so on, and if you keep pumping the breaks before getting excited before you know it you haven't even reached the finish line and the race is over.

LAST DECEMBER AND NEW YEAR'S EVE WERE GLORIOUS AND I HAVE LONG SUFFERING BILLS FANS AS FRIENDS THAT HONESTLY MISSED IT...SERIOUSLY, THEY JUST PLAIN MISSED IT, BECAUSE THEY NEVER LET THEMSELVES GET EXCITED...THERE WAS ALWAYS A REASON OR A LIMITATION AT THAT POINT IN TIME TO WITHHOLD THEIR JOY...UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.  

Quicker than I'd like to admit I am going to be turning 50, and more and more I am realizing life is day by day and that I should enjoy each single God loving day, because there are fewer in front of me than there are in back of me.

March 14, 2018 is one of those special days...Brandon Beane is one of those reasons.

Go Bills.

@rodneykm

@mead107

@{::'KayCeeS::} 

@billsfan11

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

All this is fun and everything, but ultimately they have to win.

As we all know, winning the offseason doesn't mean much.

It's been 6 years since the Mario Williams signing and back then the sheer joy here was as high as I've ever seen it.  That year Buffalo supposedly won the off-season and they promptly went 6-10. 

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

There was much similar reaction to Tim Murray during his early days as Sabres' GM.

He was widely applauded and met with much enthusiasm from the fan base for his brutally matter of fact directness, cold blooded demeanor, and willingness to be a wild gambler.  

That was before he was fired and everyone began to realize he set the franchise back 3-5 years, mind you.

:lol:

Murray's tenure was closer to that of the last year of Nix and the first few of Whaley. Swing big, make some huge signings, and hope it all worked out. Unfortunately, it wasn't a cohesive plan and the wheels came off rather quickly. 

Time will tell how these off-season acquisitions will translate into wins. I like the direction they're going because it's diametrically opposed to their predecessors who were not willing to build the team like a modern franchise.

Feels like the Bills are declared Super Bowl Champs every offseason by message board fans. We dont sign guys its because we are so smart and building through the draft. We sign them and the GM is a genius. Dont make trades everyone knows trades never pan out. Make trades we are smarter than everyone. 

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You do realize that going back in time simply creates a new timeline independent of the one you live in now? Don't you watch Rick & Morty?

Nah - it's a witchy-sorcerer kind of magic thing, and he's only signing John Elway's SOUL to the "contract" - which he then uses to animate a simulacrum.

...I don't watch Rick & Morty (highly regarded though it is) - but I do have a master's in Astrophysics, so trust me on this magic witch stuff - totally legit!

• Like (+1) 2