Prediction - Matt Moore Has Been The Target The Entire Time

Moore was and still is a fallback play, I strongly doubt he was the primary bridge QB wanted by McDermott. As things are playing out so far, he, Peterman,  Webb or our new, unknown, franchise QB are the most likely QB's to be starting for the Bills this season. 

I would hope they just draft two QB's.  I would be pretty damn happy with a Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Mike White competition with Peterman. Compared to Matt Moore and anything.

In fact this whole discussion of Matt Moore seems to have produced the beginnings of a very large bowel movement...  I am out.

Edited by simool

Sieman works here I am thinking.  I saw him last year against the Bills....he we sort of ok until it got late and he had to throw.....then he got picked....not the strongest arm or best judgement.  But, he is a little like TT passing but can't run.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They wouldn't have tried to land Bradford if this were true. Moore is a last ditch option if everything else goes wrong. That's the reality of it. 

Any credible reports that they actually made an offer or negotiated with Bradford?  I believe there was some initial talk but quickly rose above Beane's price point.

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

You don’t have to target Matt Moore. Call and he’ll come running

Guy spent 6 years in Miami enjoying the sunshine and reviewing the all-22 photos with Ryan Tannehill, other things being equal, why would he want to come North?  Probably has become used to waking up on Monday not having it hurt to breathe.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Any credible reports that they actually made an offer or negotiated with Bradford?  I believe there was some initial talk but quickly rose above Beane's price point.

Guy spent 6 years in Miami enjoying the sunshine and reviewing the all-22 photos with Ryan Tannehill, other things being equal, why would he want to come North?  Probably has become used to waking up on Monday not having it hurt to breathe.

A chance to play.... It’s funny, he was on the Phins for five years and when Tannehill went down they didn’t want him to start.

Now we’re targeting to be our bridge QB for our rookie to learn from. LMFAO

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No offer to any QB has been reported.

No, but it was reported that the Bills connected with Bradford's representatives to see what type of deal he was looking for... probably more than the Bills were willing to offer plus he had Arizona on the horn telling him they consider him a long term option.

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

No, but it was reported that the Bills connected with Bradford's representatives to see what type of deal he was looking for... probably more than the Bills were willing to offer plus he had Arizona on the horn telling him they consider him a long term option.

Where was that reported?

To everyone linking Bradford to the Bills.  It seems to be all speculation.  I never saw anything concrete.  Also at this time of the year you never know what’s a smokescreen and what is not.

Most NFL fans want to win now and as a Bills fans is logical to expect that the team can build off last season’s playoff success.  But I am pretty sure the Bills themselves see things a little different.  We’ve heard McDermott basically warn the fan base about inflated expectations.  Like last season, the team will try its damndest to win.  But I feel that if they do take a step back, they know that it’s part of the “process” to take major steps forward in 2019.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

To everyone linking Bradford to the Bills.  It seems to be all speculation.  I never saw anything concrete.  Also at this time of the year you never know what’s a smokescreen and what is not.

Most NFL fans want to win now and as a Bills fans is logical to expect that the team can build off last season’s playoff success.  But I am pretty sure the Bills themselves see things a little different.  We’ve heard McDermott basically warn the fan base about inflated expectations.  Like last season, the team will try its damndest to win.  But I feel that if they do take a step back, they know that it’s part of the “process” to take major steps forward in 2019.

So Matt Moore as opening day starter is trying their " damndest"? They've said the idea is to win now and win later. If Matt Moore seems like a good idea, then you are easily pleased. The Bills are currently the only NFL team without a starting caliber QB. Bradford wouldn't have been a sensible fit. I hope they have a good backup plan. 

21 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

No, but it was reported that the Bills connected with Bradford's representatives to see what type of deal he was looking for...

If they did their due diligence, I would expect the Bills 1) already had a pretty good idea what the guys they wanted were looking for, from the Combine

2) touched base with all the agents of guys they had interest in, last few days, just to see if anything changed

1 hour ago, Luxy312 said:

There is no urgency to sign anyone, and it's pretty straight forward as to why.  Look at the teams that draft before the Bills at #12.  Cleveland holds the #1 and #4 pick right now.  Yes, they acquired Tyrod, but they will in all likelihood take a QB with one of those two picks.  I expect Barkley to be the #1 pick in the draft as he's not making it to #4.  Eli Manning has said he wants to play 3-4 more years minimum and the Giants have endorsed that.  There's no reason for them to take QB at #2.  The Colts have Andrew Luck and thus far I've read nothing that suggests he won't be ready to go at the beginning of the season.  Let's check the box with Denver giving Keenum a big contract, so no QB for them at #5.  The Jets now have McCown, Petty, Hackenberg, AND Bridgewater on their depth chart.  Does drafting a FIFTH QB for their roster at #6 make sense?  Nope.  TB has Winston.  Chicago has Trubisky.  SF has Garropolo.  Oakland has Carr.  See where I'm going here?  Maybe Miami isn't happy with Tannehill, but that makes only 2 QB's off the board before the Bills pick at #12 and possibly only one.

The free agent situation for QB's right now is and should be pretty quiet.  If the Bills sign any of the myriad of retreads that are available, I think it's distinctly possible that they're still just a backup at the beginning of the season.  If the plan was a journeyman "bridge" for a year, I think they would have just kept Tyrod.  What does Moore, Henne, Stanton, Anderson, Sanchez, Gabbert, Osweiler, Siemian, Cutler, or Yates add that Taylor didn't?  There's probably a half dozen other names that I missed, but the point is made.

You're assuming no one's going to trade up to get to those positions if those teams don't take a quarterback. 

My Guess is they're looking at Rosen, and that they believe he can walk in and start as a rookie.  But we'll see.  Regardless, I don't think the Bills were interested in spending a ton of money on a guy like Bradford if they believe he would at best play part of one season.  If they have shown anything in their first year, it's that they are sensitive to getting us under a good cap situation.  Plus it may be that their new OC did not like some of the guys out there as fits for his offense. 

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You're assuming no one's going to trade up to get to those positions if those teams don't take a quarterback. 

Yep. Way too many assumptions in that post. A more rosy scenario than is likely to play out. 

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

That's a wildcard, but still has to be a team that is looking for their signal caller of the future, AND has the draft capital to do it.  The latter is a problem for many teams that would have to basically address holes in their line-up completely through free agency.  Everyone is speculating.  I'm merely sharing my opinion.  For those that think that we MUST trade up from where we are now, I will simply disagree.

56 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

That's a wildcard, but still has to be a team that is looking for their signal caller of the future, AND has the draft capital to do it.  The latter is a problem for many teams that would have to basically address holes in their line-up completely through free agency.  Everyone is speculating.  I'm merely sharing my opinion.  For those that think that we MUST trade up from where we are now, I will simply disagree.

Maybe, but I think McBean has their eye on one guy and they're going to do whatever they can to get him. So I think we're moving on up.

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe, but I think McBean has their eye on one guy and they're going to do whatever they can to get him. So I think we're moving on up.

This is probably wrong at this point now that they've signed McCarron.  Tannehill restructuring to lock the Dolphins into him for 2 years.  More and more, my original post is looking more accurate.  The Bills are going to have the shot at the #2 or #3 QB in the draft at pick 12 and will not have to trade.

3 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

This is probably wrong at this point now that they've signed McCarron.  Tannehill restructuring to lock the Dolphins into him for 2 years.  More and more, my original post is looking more accurate.  The Bills are going to have the shot at the #2 or #3 QB in the draft at pick 12 and will not have to trade.

Don't think so. I say they move up. We'll both know soon.