Was The Tyrod Taylor Era a Success?

Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?

• Yes
    • No

So there was a great discussion on WGR this weekend from their JV squad about Tyrod Taylor.  Joe and Brayton I believe. I think they are usually the guys producing the shows and don’t listen to these chaps - but they were really good.

Anyway someone posed a very tough question...Was The Tyrod Taylor zeta Successful?

It’s a question I’m struggling with quite a bit.  I can see both sides of the argument here:

YES:

It was successful if you never viewed Tyrod as the answer at QB and more of a bridge.  He successfully moved the team away from the failed EJ Manuel experiement and was a clear upgrade over veteran Matt Cassell.  He was a lower tier free agent that outplayed his contract - even when he was resigned to a larger deal.  The Bills probably waited one year too long to draft a QB, but that isn’t Tyrod’s fault.  Also the team could have built an offense around Tyrod’s skill set, especially in 2017.  Again, not his fault.

From a numbers standpoint you can point to the playa he extended and his NFL low INT’s as a starting QB

The most convincing factor for a “yes” vote?  The first QB to play in a playoff game for he Bills in 17 years.  Enough said.

NO:

Tyrod’s record as a starter says it all 23-22.  He was a mediocre starting QB and you can’t call that a success.  His bleak record when trailing by 4 points speaks volumes.  He rarely came through in the 4th when the Bills were trailing and he also never took over a game through he air like the great QB’s do.

He didn’t throw many INT’s but his risk aversion also left many points on the board as the team lost many low scoring football games .  He struggled with short to intermediate throws and some might attribute frequent injuries to WR’s to that fact.

Tyrod (and the Bills coaches) also never seemed to have an answer to defenses that effectively schemed against him.  This was very apparent many times throughout his career - most recent against Jacksonville in the playoffs.

So what do you say?  Success of Failure.  Make your voice heard!!!!

25078D0F-376E-45BE-85A8-F440B436CE32.jpeg

We obtained him for basically nothing. Paid him like a bottom-tier QB. Made the playoffs with him. Broke the curse/drought.  

The guy was brought in as an afterthought. There were zero expectations. 

Success     

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 11

1) Fun, it was fun to watch him run around and make something of nothing.

2) Frustrating,when a  guy was one on one or wide open and he hung onto the ball too long.

Good Luck in Cleveland TT.

i think it was a success enough.  i wasn't expecting much when he was brought in, and he exceeded my expectations.  unfortunately he just isn't good enough, but i appreciate his time here.

Edited by teef

8-8

7-9

9-7 (backing into playoffs)

We (generally speaking) only consider this "success," because we're Bills fans.

That is a crappy three seasons and I, personally, do not consider it a successful run.  That's not all on Tyrod.  It's a team game.

And this team stunk the entire time he was here.

• Like (+1) 5