Where will Sammy Watkins land in FA?

LA Grant

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sammy would seem to be more of a West coast guy than Chicago. 

IF Sammy gets $12 mil + a year for 4 years that’s just head shaking. Sammy had had one season over a 1000 yards and it was barely over. Sammy has never put up more than 9 touchdowns in a season. Sammy is Peerless Price not Eric Moulds. Paying Sammy number one wide receiver money will not  be good for any team. Sammy will get a good deal. At what point does the league stop saying the word ‘potential’ about a player and say he is what he is? 

982 yds his rookie yr was very impressive the 2nd yr was even better.  It's obvious the injury to his foot has set him bk but at only 24yrs old and a yr removed from injury some team will pay for that potential. 

11 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I think that's way too rich. Less than 10 MM per year is what I am guessing. A world of potential but inconsistent production to show for it. 

I agree. At some point...you have to think talent and potential may never be reached.

Watkins may just be a slightly above average pro receiver. It wouldn't be the first time someone with so much talent didn't reach expectations..Braylon Edwards, Charles Rogers, Peter Warrick, Troy Williamson..etc.