Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

9 minutes ago, Radar said:

For you fans rejoicing I sincerely hope you're not pinning your hopes on Nate. I'm not convinced he's as good as Tyrod is and that's not making Tyrod that high on my list just realistic assessment of good I think Nate is. So,  we either go out and get a vet or move up in draft. If it's the latter we may very well take a step back for a year. Not sure I want to give up our first round picks plus for a quarterback when this team  needs so many other things. Foles would be big risk at reported asking price. Maybe AJ as free agent signing best bet.

I seriously doubt that the plan is to go with Nate Peterman. If it is, I'll be very disappointed, but I'll still trust the process. 

55 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

This is a win-win for the Browns and Bills. Tyrod will will flourish with Gordon, Landry and Saquon Barkley, and will probably end their playoff drought. I'll definitely be rooting for Tyrod and the Browns this year.

I'm not so sure.  Hue's seat is pretty hot and the fans won't take long to turn on Tyrod if the team starts out slow and a rookie they took at 1 or 4 is on the bench.  While I think it's entirely possible Tyrod thrives there, there's also a very real scenario where he's benched by week ~5 and he's turned into an after thought taking a backup job next summer.

31 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm not so sure.  Hue's seat is pretty hot and the fans won't take long to turn on Tyrod if the team starts out slow and a rookie they took at 1 or 4 is on the bench.  While I think it's entirely possible Tyrod thrives there, there's also a very real scenario where he's benched by week ~5 and he's turned into an after thought taking a backup job next summer.

If the Browns draft a guy with their 1st, Tyrod might be backup material for the Browns from that point on. Imo

I said this already but with 5 cracks at the top 65 prospects, plus our 3rd, I am praying we have a plan in FA for a QB. This draft could cement us with a quality, playoff roster for years to come. I hope we don't trade up and use our draft capital to build a Monster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TuelTime said:

This is a win-win for the Browns and Bills. Tyrod will will flourish with Gordon, Landry and Saquon Barkley, and will probably end their playoff drought. 

If Tyrod ends the Browns playoff drought, as he ended the Bills, his nickname should be The Rainmaker

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I said this already but with 5 cracks at the top 65 prospects, plus our 3rd, I am praying we have a plan in FA for a QB. This draft could cement us with a quality, playoff roster for years to come. I hope we don't trade up and use our draft capital to build a Monster.

Hear, hear!

This draft seems loaded with talent but I think QB is actually pretty weak...from the standpoint that there really don't seem to be can't miss guys (I know that no one is really can't miss).  If they trade up, I get it but I hope they stay put or even accumulate more picks.

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

There is no reason to be certain that Peterman will be on the Bills or any other roster in 2018.

Possibly.  But there's no rush to cut him anytime before final cutdowns in August.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

...agree on all points, especially about trading up....wouldn't surprise me one bit if McBeane is actually working with a "two year window".....2018 with perhaps best draft capital in years as well as $25mil (?) in FA dollars is first....for 2019, his gang may sketching preliminary list of who some of the better 2019 draftees may be as well as a list of possible UFA's with $80+ mil to spend...."back to back home runs" would be stellar, but hell, two 3 baggers will do just fine to set us up for an even longer term IMO.....stay tuned....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Radar said:

For you fans rejoicing I sincerely hope you're not pinning your hopes on Nate. I'm not convinced he's as good as Tyrod is and that's not making Tyrod that high on my list just realistic assessment of good I think Nate is. So,  we either go out and get a vet or move up in draft. If it's the latter we may very well take a step back for a year. Not sure I want to give up our first round picks plus for a quarterback when this team  needs so many other things. Foles would be big risk at reported asking price. Maybe AJ as free agent signing best bet.

I have a feeling Beane is not pinning his hopes on Nate

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hell just froze over

Writers really need to stop using the hackneyed  "coup".     In reality that term actually represents something that looks good initially and usually turn out very badly for the "fanbase".

And reality is that 3rd round picks usually turn out to be JAGS like Preston Brown or John Miller or Adolphus Washington....... and Bills followers should take into account that they had become blind to the things about TT's game that made him of value to the rest of the league.

Not turning the ball over and converting third downs by any means necessary are things we've come to take for granted as we've become farsighted gazing at the QB play of Tom Brady and ignoring most of the rest of the league.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Writers really need to stop using the hackneyed  "coup".     In reality that term actually represents something that looks good initially and usually turn out very badly for the "fanbase".

And reality is that 3rd round picks usually turn out to be JAGS like Preston Brown or John Miller or Adolphus Washington....... and Bills followers should take into account that they had become blind to the things about TT's game that made him of value to the rest of the league.

Not turning the ball over and converting third downs by any means necessary are things we've come to take for granted as we've become farsighted gazing at the QB play of Tom Brady and ignoring most of the rest of the league.

Breaking news, draft picks don't "usually" beget superstars.  :o

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

sure Tyrod converted a few 3rds with his legs,   but most of the time he couldnt convert them,  pretty much why hes outta here.   you need a QB who can pass,  end of story.  he couldnt.   one dimensional offenses dont win Super Bowls.    they just make it easy on opposing defenses.

Tyrod is so valuable that we got a 3rd rounder.....which is actually a good get.

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He’s no Nick Foles.     3 points vs a putrid defense. ✌?✌?✌?

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

sure Tyrod converted a few 3rds with his legs,   but most of the time he couldnt convert them,  pretty much why hes outta here.   you need a QB who can pass,  end of story.  he couldnt.   one dimensional offenses dont win Super Bowls.    they just make it easy on opposing defenses.

Tyrod is so valuable that we got a 3rd rounder.....which is actually a good get.

He converted PLENTY of 3rd downs,  especially considering the talent around him for most of the past two seasons.    Hell this year he lead two 18 play drives for fuxake.    Probably the two longest drives in team history.:lol:

Like I said........too many Bills fans/observers became blind to what he COULD do which is why they are so "shocked" at the return the Bills got for him.   

One of the worst developments for Tyrod was the increasingly easy availability of "All-22" tape which allowed a lot of dummies that normally just watch whoever has the football to take time and notice that......"gee, WR's aren't actually covered all the time"..........which lead to a lot of Bills fans, and WGR "faux" analysts who don't follow the league jumping to the VERY WRONG conclusion that TT was the only QB in the NFL who doesn't throw the ball to open WR's.

After that he could do no right.    Scramble for 15 yards on 3rd and 14?........welp that must be because he missed a wide open WR.:doh::lol:

Tyrod getting traded for a 3rd round pick.......with other teams also offering up picks......... when everyone knew they had no intention of keeping him is not a validation of the idea that he is a bad QB.   Sorry........it's just another "L" for Tyrophobes.:beer:

• Like (+1) 2