Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He will play about his normal level.... probably better than this year somewhere around his second year and at the end of his bridge run in Cleveland he will get another bridge run somewhere else. That is the rest of his career and it is a success for an afterthought drafted in the 6th round. 

It will be interesting to see how Todd Haley intends to use him and what type of offense they are going to trot out.   Will it be built around Tyrod?   What does this suggest about the type of QB they are going to draft?   Lamar Jackson later in the draft?  Are they even going to draft a QB now or run with Tyrod and the ND NFL flunkie?

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really think that is too much for Foles

It might be. I think the Eagles said it would take at least a 1st and 4th. If they'll take that, great. Point is, we can make big moves and still have picks remaining.

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

Nice move by Beane. I supported Tyrod but could see his glaring flaws, I really do wish him well in Cleveland.

So pumped to see how this all plays out, whether it is a rookie or a vet or both.

Agreed. I get that there are people who still wanted to hang on to Tyrod but, if they couldn't see that Beane and McDermott were ready to move on from him after this season, they were either being naive or obtuse. Tyrod's benching against the Chargers when the Bills were still squarely in the middle of the Wild Card chase signaled the beginning of the end for him in Buffalo, IMO. He simply wasn't their guy and that's fine. Thanks for your service to the Bills and for fetching the first pick of the 3rd Round, Tyrod, and best of luck to you in Cleveland.

11 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

It will be interesting to see how Todd Haley intends to use him and what type of offense they are going to trot out.   Will it be built around Tyrod?   What does this suggest about the type of QB they are going to draft?   Lamar Jackson later in the draft?  Are they even going to draft a QB now or run with Tyrod and the ND NFL flunkie?

I assume you mean Kizer, Dave? He was dealt to the Packers yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Two immediate thoughts on this:

1) Thank God he's gone; hopefully we don't have to see any more Tyrod threads.

2) I can't believe they got a high 3rd round pick for him!  I thought his value was close to zero on the trade market.

Well done! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Two immediate thoughts on this:

1) Thank God he's gone; hopefully we don't have to see any more Tyrod threads.

2) I can't believe they got a high 3rd round pick for him!  I thought his value was close to zero on the trade market.

Well done! 

When you’re dealing with the Browns, everything has value :D

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

When you’re dealing with the Browns, everything has value :D

yup, 0-16 suggests they have some serious decision making problems. I think this TT trade will go down as one of them also. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

yup, 0-16 suggests they have some serious decision making problems. I think this TT trade will go down as one of them also. Time will tell.

What do you think his stat line will be if he plays 16 games for them?

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Lots of rushing, almost last in passing... Like usual. Minimal turnovers b.c he won't throw to a WR UNLESS they are open.

Yup. Probably 3200 yards passing, 500 rushing. 26 total tds and 5-6 picks. They will win a bunch as well. Not playoffs but probably 6 games. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Yup. Probably 3200 yards passing, 500 rushing. 26 total tds and 5-6 picks. They will win a bunch as well. Not playoffs but probably 6 games. 

If the Browns don't want to be the Browns forever they better hope Tyrod never touches the field.

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

If the Browns don't want to be the Browns forever they better hope Tyrod never touches the field.

Well they need the rookie to sit for a year so the guy can not have the world on his shoulders. Let tyrod take that for a year

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well they need the rookie to sit for a year so the guy can not have the world on his shoulders. Let tyrod take that for a year

Letting rookies sit is a myth. If he can't handle the pressure he never will. The world weights the same this year as it will next year. If anything the pressure will get worse as Tyrod puts up ****ty numbers.

Edited by Boca BIlls

21 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What do you think his stat line will be if he plays 16 games for them?

IDK but I bet you it is worse than anything he put up in Buffalo. 

The league has figured the guy out, what is so hard to understand about that.

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Letting rookies sit is a myth. If he can't handle the pressure he never will. The world weights the same this year as it will next year. If anything the pressure will get worse as Tyrod puts up ****ty numbers.

Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. Although it is impossible to know what his career would've looked like had he started from day 1 .

14 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

the old time tested black and white of the world.    if he cant now he never will...

cept very little in life is black or white.     there are different levels of pressure for every player.

and its not even about the pressure,  its about making sure u dont put your fresh shiny new QB in a situation that gets his confidence killed,   remember David Carr?