Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

3 hours ago, PolishDave said:

No you're not.   If you were you wouldn't have chimed in with the ridiculous comment that keeping the QB who led the Bills to their first playoff game in 17 years was a mistake.

You are capable of much better takes.   I have seen them.    This take belongs on your shitlist because that is what it is a shittake.

In my opinion, the Bills are moving on from Taylor at the right time.

It was my opinion and that of the vast majority of this board  - that we all knew who he was in 2016 is a shittake?    

You sound a bit touchy.    Keep it classy Polish

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

!@#$ that.  I'm still celebrating!

God Bless you man.  (are you a man?)   :D

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm a man!  I'm 40!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:     lol 

-------------   

Bills' search for long-term success meant trading Tyrod Taylor

Despite their first trip to the playoffs in 17 years, the Bills saw fatal flaws in the lineup. Trading Taylor is the first step in a rebuild.

Instead, barring an unexpected blockbuster move to sign or trade for an accomplished quarterback, the Bills' decision to deal Taylor for a mid-round pick suggested coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane saw fundamental flaws both in Taylor and the team as a whole last season

did I read that right?   fundamental flaws   nope I did read that right

This was not a quick-fix job, and a large-scale change -- trading the starting quarterback -- was necessary. Signs continue to point to the Bills trying to find their quarterback of the future in the draft, which could mean short-term growing pains in 2018 with the hope of sustained success.

• Like (+1) 2

These dopes on NFL Network are talking about making Tyrod more efficient, lol, morons!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:     lol 

-------------   

Bills' search for long-term success meant trading Tyrod Taylor

Despite their first trip to the playoffs in 17 years, the Bills saw fatal flaws in the lineup. Trading Taylor is the first step in a rebuild.

Instead, barring an unexpected blockbuster move to sign or trade for an accomplished quarterback, the Bills' decision to deal Taylor for a mid-round pick suggested coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane saw fundamental flaws both in Taylor and the team as a whole last season

did I read that right?   fundamental flaws   nope I did read that right

This was not a quick-fix job, and a large-scale change -- trading the starting quarterback -- was necessary. Signs continue to point to the Bills trying to find their quarterback of the future in the draft, which could mean short-term growing pains in 2018 with the hope of sustained success.

Flaws - OC (was) , QB, RT, OT, DT, LB

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Taylor is gone.   I am trying to move on but the Taylor fans are not willing to let it go.  

If you're trying to move on, why don't you just stop this fruitless endeavor of talking about him with others?

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You may not have seen that writing, but it was there.

They said they wouldn't trade him without a solid plan in place? In the Tim Graham interview they went beyond that, Beane saying, "You have to know you've made an upgrade, you don't just change to change at any position, so right now Nathan and Tyrod both are on our roster, that's where we're at. We're doing our due diligence both in free agency and the draft but we very well could see both those guys going to training camp and competing to start next year." 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/28/on-todays-tim-graham-show-brandon-beane-chad-kelly-big-4-hoops-and-more/

"You have to know you've made an upgrade." How can the Bills know that in the current situation? They can't. In other words, this was all smoke, just as it seemed from the minute they sat Tyrod down in a playoff race. And continued giving the press the most tepid sitreps imaginable on Tyrod.

What plan do they have now on the roster? And yet, it was the Bills placing the call, not the Browns.

They wanted him out. They got their wish. The only vestige of surprise here is how much they got for him. Great job, Beane.

Yeah, they may have a good plan in place, but before FA starts, "man plans and God laughs."

The only vestige of a surprise...

too funny...

What they got for Taylor was utterly shocking... especially with the value people assumed Taylor had.  McDermott and Beane have made all the right moves.  They clearly wanted to upgrade over Taylor, but with a clear and obvious upgrade and not at "any cost whatsoever" as some painted it.

The Bills got the 1st pick in the 3rd round for Taylor and with the Cordy Glenn trade, as well, it's clear Beane and McDermott have that upgrade in mind and they're damn well going to make sure it happens.

This move was really a win win for all parties involved... one of those rare deals that truly becomes that.  But based on what Buffalo was expected to get for Taylor, this was an absolutely stellar move and total no-brainer on Beane's behalf.

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He did, he did. Absolutely no question.

So did Ramon Humber.

And Rick Dennison.

And Vlad Ducasse. And Zay Jones. I could name around 50 - 70 guys who played a role.

Humber, Jones, and Ducasse didn't play nearly as big a role in making the playoffs as Taylor did.

That much is obvious and trying to make it seem like they did is just dumb.

Taylor is gone.  He played the most important individual position on the Buffalo Bills team that finally broke the longest playoff drought in North American sports.  He obviously gets a helluva lot more credit for helping break that drought than an LB who started like half the games this year, a pretty crappy guard, or a WR who touched the ball on a whopping 2.6% of the team's total offensive plays.

That was a helluva great comparison, though :lol: 

54 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If you're trying to move on, why don't you just stop this fruitless endeavor of talking about him with others?

I get accused of telling others what to do. so hence forth I have decided rather than look that way I will be sure to note  "may I suggest" before any statement regarding what I think one should or shouldn't do. it would seem to be asking (nicely) rather then telling them, speaking for my self mind you.

it was a team effort, coaches/players that contributed to ending the drought along with help from dalton. taylor certainly contributed and also fell flat at his position more than once during the season and for me it'll be the 3 points he (the most important individual position) and the offense could only muster that didn't sit well with me.

so honestly I'm glad he has moved on and I have a good feeling that position will fare much better and not only score more than 3 points, but go deeper in to the post season?

anyhow, looking ahead now and putting the past where it belongs, in the past.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Humber, Jones, and Ducasse didn't play nearly as big a role in making the playoffs as Taylor did.

Taylor is gone.  He played the most important individual position on the Buffalo Bills team that finally broke the longest playoff drought in North American sports.  He obviously gets a helluva lot more credit for helping break that drought than an LB who started like half the games this year, a pretty crappy guard, or a WR who touched the ball on a whopping 2.6% of the team's total offensive plays.

Vlad Ducasse was a better G this year than Tyrod was a QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They were all starters. They all played pretty much as well. The Bills tried to replace them all at various times during the season, except for the rookie. I said they all contributed, and I was correct in saying so.

Yeah, you're right, it was a helluva great comparison.

Although maybe it's not so fair after all. OBD thinks enough of Jones and Ducasse that they might be on the roster next year. 

By the way, how did your dumb-on-the-face-of-it "there's a better than even chance Tyrod will be on the roster" prediction go, Transie? Or your "they won't replace him till they find somebody better" prediction? Yeah, about the same as pretty much all your other Tyrod predictions.

Edited by Thurman#1

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They were all starters. They all played pretty much as well. The Bills tried to replace them all at various times during the season.

Yeah, you're right, it was a helluva great comparison.

Although maybe it's not so fair after all. OBD thinks enough of Jones and Ducasse that they might be on the roster next year. 

By the way, how did your dumb-on-the-face-of-it "there's a better than even chance Tyrod will be on the roster" prediction go, Transie? Or your "they won't replace him till they find somebody better" prediction? Yeah, about the same as pretty much all your other Tyrod predictions.

This is a serious question. How exactly is it that qb is the most impactful and important position on the field when arguing against Taylor but if somebody is arguing for Taylor then all of a sudden a guard and a crappy wr have just as much impact? 

You have to be smarter than this. It’s not a good look man. Win or lose comparing a qb’s role and impact on wins and losses with a guard, LB or wr is really foolish. The qb position is the most important and most impactful position there is. Be it good or bad. 

FTR I’m 100% happy with the deal for Taylor. But for future reference this is probably why we’ll never see eye to eye on any other topics as well.  Making silly comparisons for the sake of trying to prove a lame point.  

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is a serious question. How exactly is it that qb is the most impactful and important position on the field when arguing against Taylor but if somebody is arguing for Taylor then all of a sudden a guard and a crappy wr have just as much impact? 

You have to be smarter than this. It’s not a good look man. Win or lose comparing a qb’s role and impact on wins and losses with a guard, LB or wr is really foolish. 

FTR I’m 100% happy with the deal for Taylor. But for future reference this is probably why we’ll never see eye to eye on any other topics as well.  Making silly comparisons for the sake of trying to prove a lame point.  

Go read what I said.

If you still have a problem, come talk to me about it. But right now, you're far off the point with your serious question.

Here's my post and the one I responded to, to make it easier on you.

23 hours ago, Magox said:

So Taylor played no role in the Bills making the playoffs?

:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He did, he did. Absolutely no question.

So did Ramon Humber.

And Rick Dennison.

And Vlad Ducasse. And Zay Jones. I could name around 50 - 70 guys who played a role.

As usual, Transie used a straw man to pretend I'd said something I hadn't, and you believed him.

What I said there was dead on target. Still is. 

Edited by Thurman#1

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Go read what I said.

If you still have a problem, come talk to me about it. But right now, you're far off the point with your serious question.

I read exactly what You said. And while I don’t usually go to bat for trans, he had good reason to call out the comparison. It wasn’t good, man. Suggesting that a guard, an injured backer, or a bad rookie had similar impact on the season as a qb, even a subpar one, isn’t the best route. It just doesn’t make much sense. Am I reaching a bit  in saying that’s what you are suggesting? why would you bring them up even in the same area code if that wasn’t the case. 

Again. Qb is the most important position when Taylor is playing bad but if anyone brings up his role in the playoff birth then you try and lump in his role with a guard and bad wr....   come on

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I read exactly what You said. And while I don’t usually go to bat for trans, he had good reason to call out the comparison. It wasn’t good, man. Suggesting that a guard, an injured backer, or a bad rookie had similar impact on the season as a qb, even a subpar one, isn’t the best route. It just doesn’t make much sense. Am I reaching a bit  in saying that’s what you are suggesting? why would you bring them up even in the same area code if that wasn’t the case. 

Again. Qb is the most important position when Taylor is playing bad but if anyone brings up his role in the playoff birth then you try and lump in his role with a guard and bad wr....   come on

OK, I'd love to hear exactly where I said "similar impact." Could you point those words out for me, please.

Magox said, "So Taylor played no role in the Bills making the playoffs?" And I said, "Yes he did, he did, no question. And so did ..." Humber, Dennison, Jones, etc. I continued, "I could name around 50 - 70 guys who played a role."

You fell for Transie's bait and switch in a straw man, a consistent favorite tactic for him. 

Edited by Thurman#1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

OK, I'd love to hear exactly where I said "similar impact." Could you point those words out for me, please.

Magox said, "So Taylor played no role in the Bills making the playoffs?" And I said, "Yes he did, he did, no question. And so did ..." Humber, Dennison, Jones, etc. I continued, "I could name around 50 - 70 guys who played a role."

You fell for Transie's bait and switch in a straw man, a favorite tactic for him.

So what was your point then? Why bring them up at all if we agree their impact wasn’t on the same level? 

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So what was your point then? Why bring them up at all if we agree their impact wasn’t on the same level? 

Wanna know my point? Read the post. My point is in there. I was responding to Magox.

And the bolded in my last post should make it pretty clear.

Enough said for me. 

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Wanna know my point? Read the post. My point is in there. I was responding to Magox.

The point was to downplay the role of the qb while talking about a couple of subpar starters and how they played a role as well. It’s evident. Why else would you ever bring them up In reply to a post about tyrods Role. If not for a weak ass comparison, then why? You’re not gonna admit it.  You’re being difficult for the sake of it at this point. 

We at least have one thing in common. We’re both happy with the way things are going now and hopefully the next qb never is never the subject of debate. Have a nice day. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

56 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Go read what I said.

As usual, Transie used a straw man to pretend I'd said something I hadn't, and you believed him.

What I said there was dead on target. Still is. 

I wasn't referring to you.