Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about.    It's nonsense.

TT lead a top 7 scoring offense thru 15 games in 2016.......he wasn't holding THAT offense back........and yet that's the misconception from Tyrophobes.

The Bills offense was atrocious in 2017............but it was the WORST wr situation in team history..........yes, even worse than the 2-14 teams.........a misfit scheme and a poor play caller......a run game that stalled the minute the reserve entered the game after two years where Bills reserves lead the NFL in ypc..........these are the things that "held the offense back" in 2017.     

Would having an "elite" QB made them better?    

Of course, but those guys are SCARCE.

So be furious at McD for not drafting Watson.   Watson turned out to be a one man show and was re-writing the record books for rookie QB's and they passed on him.:doh:

Or blame the previous regimes for not taking chances on QB's with elite potential.    

But no.......Bills following dummies gotta' blame the guy who outplayed his pedigree and his contract for 3 years.  

It's just such a bad look for the fanbase.

I can't argue with much of this. Especially the point about Watson et al. Lynn and ( to some degree Roman) knew that a Taylor led offense could score points and how to accomplish that. I'm not knocking McDermott, but Dennsion was a terrible choice as OC and if they feel it's time to move on I won't disagree. I also know hat I saw happen with Watkins and Taylor in 2015, though many downplay that stretch of games on this board. I thought I was seeing the future of the Bills offense. We know how that turned out, and moving on is the right thing to do for this coaching staff. There were many things holding back the Bills 2017 offense , it was hardly all Tyrods fault. I'm looking forward to the next QB though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He converted PLENTY of 3rd downs,  especially considering the talent around him for most of the past two seasons.    Hell this year he lead two 18 play drives for fuxake.    Probably the two longest drives in team history.:lol:

Like I said........too many Bills fans/observers became blind to what he COULD do which is why they are so "shocked" at the return the Bills got for him.   

One of the worst developments for Tyrod was the increasingly easy availability of "All-22" tape which allowed a lot of dummies that normally just watch whoever has the football to take time and notice that......"gee, WR's aren't actually covered all the time"..........which lead to a lot of Bills fans, and WGR "faux" analysts who don't follow the league jumping to the VERY WRONG conclusion that TT was the only QB in the NFL who doesn't throw the ball to open WR's.

After that he could do no right.    Scramble for 15 yards on 3rd and 14?........welp that must be because he missed a wide open WR.:doh::lol:

Tyrod getting traded for a 3rd round pick.......with other teams also offering up picks......... when everyone knew they had no intention of keeping him is not a validation of the idea that he is a bad QB.   Sorry........it's just another "L" for Tyrophobes.:beer:

Go cry to someone who cares, Tyrod sucks, if he didn't suck he would still be a Bills but the fact of the matter is, it's a passing league and he is not nearly good enough at passing to justify keeping and paying a lot of money too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Tyrod had some skills for sure...but it became obvious to most people that the negative outweighed the positive and that he was holding the offense back.

I actually don't think he was holding the offense back. But I don't think he was enhancing the offensive talent. Low turnovers (smart play mixed with conservative play), lots of plays made with his legs, and a big arm that made some throws once in a while were all positives that he brought to the table. But the fact that he couldn't work out of the pocket consistently and his too often conservative nature did have a negative impact on the offense. 

Good QB's enhance the play of the talent around them. Granted, there is only so much a QB can do (Look Tom Brady from 2006 to 2007 and it is clear that a QB is impacted by the talent around them) but a great QB will maximize the talent level around them. Tyrod to me was neutral. With great talent around him and a good scheme, he will get the offense to play to their talent level. Which isn't bad and that's better than a lot of teams get out of the QB but unless you have a completely stacked roster around him (which is hard to sustain) he just isn't going to make you a consistent contender. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 pages in and some are still clinging to their criticism of a QB no longer on our team rather than excitedly chattering about what we do next at the most important position in sports.

Soooo... what's the over/under when on Rya... I mean, Teddy KGB stops obsessing over Tyrod Taylor?

I think he's most likely to start a thread on Tyrod on this message board during the regular season :lol:

It will probably come and the form of a highlight video and the word "pantsed!" right below it.

On a more positive note, can't wait to see who we pursue free agency and the draft beginning and less than a week! :thumbsup:

I'm fully on the Luck/Cousins train if it's a vet and the Mayfield/Darnold train if we're trading up. I'm on the Rosen train, too... just gotta look for my ticket :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

25 pages in and some are still clinging to their criticism of a QB no longer on our team rather than excitedly chattering about what we do next at the most important position in sports.

On the other hand.  

25 pages in and people are still making excuses for a guy who got benched in tbe thick of a playoff push.  

Just offering an alternate viewpoint 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm fully on the Luck/Cousins train if it's a vet and the Mayfield/Darnold train if we're trading up. I'm on the Rosen train, too... just gotta look for my ticket

Cousins can be a gamer but one knock on him is he isn’t a closer.  

Luck -  his “failures” can be on the Colts FO.   His injury is too risky at this point in time.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

On the other hand.  

25 pages in and people are still making excuses for a guy who got benched in tbe thick of a playoff push.  

Just offering an alternate viewpoint 

Not me. I don't care about excuses on either side... who the hell has convinced who and why does it even matter at this point?

I just know 2 things that are undeniable and those are all that matter:

1- Tyrod is no longer a Buffalo Bill in a trade that netted us the 1st pick of the 3rd round

2- Beane and McDermott, as we sit here and type, are searching or finalizing a deal for our QB for the next 10-15 years, hopefully

Edited by transplantbillsfan

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... what's the over/under when on Rya... I mean, Teddy KGB stops obsessing over Tyrod Taylor?

I think he's most likely to start a thread on Tyrod on this message board during the regular season :lol:

It will probably come and the form of a highlight video and the word "pantsed!" right below it.

On a more positive note, can't wait to see who we pursue free agency and the draft beginning and less than a week! :thumbsup:

I'm fully on the Luck/Cousins train if it's a vet and the Mayfield/Darnold train if we're trading up. I'm on the Rosen train, too... just gotta look for my ticket :flirt:

seems you're still clinging as well or is it reprimanding those who are? 

rather than preach or worry about those still clinging, take your own advice., just sayin'.

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not me. I don't care about excuses on either side... who the hell has convinced who and why does it even matter at this point?

I just know 2 things that are undeniable and those are all that matter:

1- Tyrod is no longer a Buffalo Bill in a trade that netted us the 1st pick of the 3rd round

2- Beane and McDermott, as we sit here and type, are searching or finalizing a deal for our QB for the next 10-15 years, hopefully

The writing was on the wall what has coming with Tyrod.....I like many (not the group that would have needed him to turn into a top 5 qb) were hoping that this year he was going to take the next stepCu

He didnt.....there are a mulitude of reasons of WHY he didnt but the bottom line is he didnt and that is all that matters

A couple of thoughts

- THere were those that said he was completely untradable.....obviously that wasnt true and there are reports from Curruchi that there were 2 other teams also offering picks.....not as good as this pick.  This is the area where you can get a very good linemen that can contribute immediately.

- I put absolutely no stock in passing yards stats....what I DO put stock in is passing touchdowns.....and frankly we just were not getting that...you cannot come from behind against good teams when you cannot quick strike store.

- At the end of the day...the bills not only win this trade....but one the whole TT era....he was brought in as a guy that wasnt even expected to start...he did start.....he made pro bowls as a alternate....he was the QB of our team when it finally broke its playoff drought.....then we traded him for a 3rd round pick and saved 10 million on our cap.

- At the end of the day...this needed to happen...what we all do now is hold our breath to see what the next move will be.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

maybe I should make it a SUGGESTION. would that be better johnny?

Who cares?  Everyone knows what you are about.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

seems you're still clinging as well or is it reprimanding those who are? 

rather than preach or worry about those still clinging, take your own advice., just sayin'.

Not clinging... I've been talking about our new QB search... there are just a certain childish few posters being ridiculous in this thread and even creating call-out threads of other posters naming them individually in the titles.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not clinging... I've been talking about our new QB search... there are just a certain childish few posters being ridiculous in this thread and even creating call-out threads of other posters naming them individually in the titles.

Which is blantantly against TOS for this forum (I have already reported)

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think he has hit the jackpot getting traded to Cleveland and the talent they project to have on offense.......this is a GREAT opportunity for Tyrod going into his walk year...........HUGE chance to upgrade his stock.  

He will play about his normal level.... probably better than this year somewhere around his second year and at the end of his bridge run in Cleveland he will get another bridge run somewhere else. That is the rest of his career and it is a success for an afterthought drafted in the 6th round. 

Good move for both teams. Glad we've moved on, and he's an upgrade for Cleveland.

I think if I'm the Bills now, here's what I'd do...

Trade 2019 1st and 2018 3rd (#96) to the Eagles for Foles. I've said in the past that I didnt want to trade next year's pick, but that was expecting a regression under a rookie QB starting. Foles is an upgrade over Taylor and should at least maintain where we were.

Then! I still package #21, #22, #53, and Glenn to move up as high as I can, and pick a QB. Whoever McBeane likes.

We still keep a 2nd and early 3rd this year. And, worst case scenario, surviving around Foles for a couple years, next year's 1st wont be as crucial.

52 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The writing was on the wall what has coming with Tyrod.....I like many (not the group that would have needed him to turn into a top 5 qb) were hoping that this year he was going to take the next stepCu

He didnt.....there are a mulitude of reasons of WHY he didnt but the bottom line is he didnt and that is all that matters

A couple of thoughts

- THere were those that said he was completely untradable.....obviously that wasnt true and there are reports from Curruchi that there were 2 other teams also offering picks.....not as good as this pick.  This is the area where you can get a very good linemen that can contribute immediately.

- I put absolutely no stock in passing yards stats....what I DO put stock in is passing touchdowns.....and frankly we just were not getting that...you cannot come from behind against good teams when you cannot quick strike store.

- At the end of the day...the bills not only win this trade....but one the whole TT era....he was brought in as a guy that wasnt even expected to start...he did start.....he made pro bowls as a alternate....he was the QB of our team when it finally broke its playoff drought.....then we traded him for a 3rd round pick and saved 10 million on our cap.

- At the end of the day...this needed to happen...what we all do now is hold our breath to see what the next move will be.

Who cares?  Everyone knows what you are about.

what are you about johnny boy. reporting and such. how about you just worry about johnny boy. that wasn't a suggestion.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good move for both teams. Glad we've moved on, and he's an upgrade for Cleveland.

I think if I'm the Bills now, here's what I'd do...

Trade 2019 1st and 2018 3rd (#96) to the Eagles for Foles. I've said in the past that I didnt want to trade next year's pick, but that was expecting a regression under a rookie QB starting. Foles is an upgrade over Taylor and should at least maintain where we were.

Then! I still package #21, #22, #53, and Glenn to move up as high as I can, and pick a QB. Whoever McBeane likes.

We still keep a 2nd and early 3rd this year. And, worst case scenario, surviving around Foles for a couple years, next year's 1st wont be as crucial.

I really think that is too much for Foles