Marquise Goodwin Signs a 3-Year, $20.3M Extension with the 49ers

23 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The 'quise hate runs deep at TBD, but not with me.  Love this guy and glad to see him getting paid.  Arguably, he'd have been better than any WR on this team last year.  You go, 'quise!

No argument about that.

But were you one of those people who thought he was just another TJ Graham?   A track guy who couldn't play football?

Wrong.

He got cut A LOT of slack here because it was perceived that he was just overdrafted and it wasn't his fault that he was fragile.:doh:

He played the Bills like a fiddle...........never take guys with exceptional talent and low motivation/no love for the game with an early pick that doesn't provide enough pay incentive to make them play hard.

Marquise knew he would immediately catch on another roster for the near minimum base salary that they were paying him if he was cut by Buffalo......so he took his chances that the Bills wouldn't call his bluff and sure enough they didn't.:lol:

36 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The 'quise hate runs deep at TBD, but not with me.  Love this guy and glad to see him getting paid.  Arguably, he'd have been better than any WR on this team last year.  You go, 'quise!

I agree, one of the college teams I watch is the Long Horns. I will be overdrafting Goodwin in FF. That seems like a fair deal but I think Goodwin is going to put up some huge numbers in the next few years.

So surprised he did well. I was convinced he would never stay healthy and didn't think he was that good of a receiver even when healthy.

Just goes to show that none of us can properly evaluate our receivers until we have a QB who can throw to them.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, one of the college teams I watch is the Long Horns. I will be overdrafting Goodwin in FF. That seems like a fair deal but I think Goodwin is going to put up some huge numbers in the next few years.

His main problem has always been injuries. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't get on the field. Let's see if he can keep it up.

44 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

the hate runs deep here. Period. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

I wasn't a fan of Marquise Goodwin when he was with the Bills.

In part because at the time, I felt we drafted him too damn high!

He was inexperience as a WR and and ran such a limited route tree.... and then the constant injuries....

Props to Goodwin for working incredibly hard and securing himself a place in this league!

Yes, the Bills were a great farm system for Goodwin to grow up in.....and then he goes off to another team.  We can't be doing that w 3d round picks........If he was that good, the Bills should have resigned.  More of the mismanagement of past administrations.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Goodwin is my guess.  Matthews as a slot guy coming off injury won't command as much. 

I’m thinking Goodwin too but maybe not in terms of annual value. Matthews may be looking at like a 1 year deal. I don’t know what the value of that will be. I don’t think that he gets $10M guaranteed.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking Goodwin too but maybe not in terms of annual value. Matthews may be looking at like a 1 year deal. I don’t know what the value of that will be. I don’t think that he gets $10M guaranteed.

He's worth less IMO as he needs other receivers to command attention in order for him to thrive. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

F him.  He finally decided to grow up and take his job seriously instead of dicking-around with the Olympics and lo and behold he stays healthy and produces. 

There is that whole QB things as well, just  like Robert Woods looked good this year

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

goodwin.0.0.png

I'm thinking after he got that concussion in the finale he was soon on the phone with his agent about getting his golden parachute deal a year early.B-)

Managed to parlay one offseason of actually training for football into $15M in guarantees from the Niners..........'Quise ain't ever going to have to shop at HEB again......nothin' but Whole Foods organic!:lol:

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

people ragged on him so much here. Glad to see he's gone on to productivity.

People ragged him cuz he was too worried about his track event more so than his Bills commitment.  A valid point....

• Like (+1) 1