Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

25 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Why?  Because he made a persona that got him paid?  He is an incredibly smart guy and I would like the bravado and pedigree he would bring.  Behind closed door and away from cameras he is most likely a better guy and teammate than what appears on ESPN.  Buffalo doesn't have a ton of space but would could easily afford Sherman on a 2 year deal for around the money they offered Gilmore.  If it works out the way everyone would want he would be able to cash in one more time if healthy in 2 years.

Because I don't believe they would want to commit the sort of money that he would probably be asking for to another position that isn't a relative weakness on the team.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nah homey! . ESPN independently verified and confirmed what the Seattle Times reported.

lol

still posted it before you. Scroll up on page 5. 

and now I've totally killed my own joke by explaining it... 

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Their will be around 7 CB's drafted in the 1st rd, the position is stacked in this draft. No way am I paying Sherman 14 mil a year.

AND, there's the minor issue of him being a total assh_le... -That won't get better with age.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Well!  That eliminates the Bills. 

I think the Falcons and Panthers could be in play for him.

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So he goes to New England to replace Butler.

I don't see it.  He's too outspoken for BB.

25 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'd like to see the contract details, but ESPN reports it is very incentive-laden.

Sort of a hybrid deal, that gives 3 years, but also the "prove it" incentives.

I’ve liked John Lynch since his Tampa days. They seem to be doing a lot of things right, and I bet they did a good job of structuring the deal. I guess we’ll see eventually. The 49’ers were my NFC team when I was a kid for some reason. (That was a long time ago, think Gene Washington...) 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2018 at 1:35 PM, Reed83HOF said:
jeremy laneVerified account @StayingInMyLane
FollowFollow @StayingInMyLane
That text message got my heart hurting ... damn 25 was my Dawg #WhatsNext

Geoff SchwartzVerified account @geoffschwartz
FollowingFollowing @geoffschwartz
Unless the Seahawks secondary is trolling everyone, it seems that Richard Sherman has been released or traded.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 43s44 seconds ago

And now it’s done: 49ers and CB Richard Sherman reached agreement tonight on a three-year deal, source tells ESPN.

It's becoming obvious...the Browns and Niners won't be the league's or media's punching bag next season.