Chris Cooley: Vikings ready to offer Cousins $91M guaranteed

2 minutes ago, Plano said:

am I the only person who doesn't think he's actually that good?

Sure he's better than Tyrod, but not THAT much better.

It's the market and good timing. Plus the cap keeps going up so salaries will also increase.

15 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

2 for 20 bro. 2 for 20.

there's a car wash chain around here that runs a promotion that if you buy 3 washes, you get a free meal at applebees.  you know a place is amazing when you get free meals there for car washes.  cousins could have a super clean car, and have his hunger satisfied.  

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He's a good QB, in that 10-15 range. 

This is just getting stupid. While replacing him with Smith was DUMB, I'm starting to see why DC let him walk. 

4-19 against winning teams. 

Had a couple beverages on Saturday with a friend from the DC area who is a longtime Skins fan.  He said he'd rather have Alex Smith and the extra $10M per year to spend than pay Cousins what he is asking.

• Like (+1) 1

That's great money paying for good performance.  It feels so Scott Mitchell-ish.  

I have no idea why the Vikings are entertaining this purchase.  Kirk Cousins wasn't going to stop the VIkings from getting run out of Philadelphia.  

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Be very interesting to see if the Jets respond to this news

I've always believed their fallback QB would be Baker Mayfield. IMO they will want to make a splash (especially if the Giants pick a QB), and Allen is too far away from being a starter.

38 minutes ago, Plano said:

am I the only person who doesn't think he's actually that good?

Sure he's better than Tyrod, but not THAT much better.

For my list, I have him as 13th-15th best QB. An above average QB

So In other words, I don't consider Cousins that good

40 minutes ago, teef said:

there's a car wash chain around here that runs a promotion that if you buy 3 washes, you get a free meal at applebees.  you know a place is amazing when you get free meals there for car washes.  cousins could have a super clean car, and have his hunger satisfied.  

That is so many wins I can't even sum them all.

Frankly I'd rather pay 20 bucks at applebees than pay out the nose for Cousins. Let's be real, the applebees will only be with you for a few hours anyway. Cousins you are stuck with for years, and that dude is gonna get the monies.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the only team that it makes sense for and that’s because they are stacked. He’s not great but good enough to win with that team. 

...and after signing cousins they still will have only just a few million dollars last cap space than we do.

Such perfect timing for the Vikings, Cousins and Viking fans.

I agree so 100%, KJ: not great but good enough, for them.

EDIT:  additionally, and in a way, I hope this makes some of you who wanted Cousins feel better.

This is just plain out of our fiscal league right now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, offyourocker said:

They will be competitive for one year and then won't be able to resign many of their upcoming free agents

This is what I think will happen also. Going to put a "hurtin" on that teams cap situation. But oh well, who knows, they may win the big one next season so we'll see.

17 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

That is so many wins I can't even sum them all.

Frankly I'd rather pay 20 bucks at applebees than pay out the nose for Cousins. Let's be real, the applebees will only be with you for a few hours anyway. Cousins you are stuck with for years, and that dude is gonna get the monies.

i'm in complete agreement here...concerning both applebees and cousins.  

if cousins was a chain restaurant, which would he be?  maybe unos?