Would you trade Hughes+picks to Giants for 2nd?

boyst

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Give Giants 22, Hughes and maybe a 4th or something for the second pick?

Would you do it?  Obviously targeting Rosen.

Yes.  Definitely.  Would be the steal of the year.

And then I draft a LB at 21.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I would do that in a heartbeat. I don’t think that’s enough though.

I’m thinking something like #21 #22,  one Second Rounder this year and Cordy Glenn. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Like who?  Adrian Clayborn? Kony Ealy?  Alex Okafor?  Maybe we'll get lucky and Demarcus Lawrence will hit the free agent market and sign with the Bills.  NOT!

Hahahahahahahaha did you really just 'NOT' dude?? Yikes

Anywho, I like Jerrah, and I hate that it opens a hole but simple logic suggests if you have a qb who can just light it up and put up points galore and carry the team on his back to victory -the kind of qb who you move to #2 and CAN become a franchise guy- IF you hit on that guy you are golden and a hole could be a bit more plug and play. 

You seem to be more of a play it safe kind of guy, but I'm more of a sock of middling it for the last 17 yrs and would like to see a future HOFer playing the position again. If that's the cost then do it up with out a 2nd thought. 

Meanwhile, have fun with your Tyord or Keenum taking you to the Superbowl....

NOT!!!! Lol

Edited by gobills1212

57 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

2017: 68 penalty yards in exchange for 4 sacks,1 FF, and 28 tackles

2016: 80 penalty yards, in exchange for 6 sacks, 1 FF, and 31 tackles

2015: 114 penalty yards, in exchange for 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 37 tackles

Yeah, it's not a "false perspective"....

They always seem to come at the absolute worst time also, makes that much heavier

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, nucci said:

In this years draft I think our picks hold very good value, there is barely any drop down in talent from pick 7 to 30. 7 CB's will be taken in the 1st rd and at least 4 QB's. Our two draft picks are very valuable this year and they are back to back picks. If we really like a QB we have the ammo to get him.

Mayfield would be the only QB that I would trade up for. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

sure because we get the higher pick and still have 21 and our seconds.   Plus not sure he is really into the Process

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

YES.  In your scenario we still have a 1st round pick to take Hughes replacement, be it a LB or DL.  Then draft another DL in the 2nd.  

I think it would take way more than this, but you never know.  

I think the Giants will not trade the pick.  They want Barkely.  

55 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

This. We don’t need to create ANOTHER need on this team. We already unexpectedly need a C and more than likely a MLB. 

I think in the OP's scenario we keep P. Brown (MLB) and draft Hughes replacement w/ the 21st (or 22nd) pick.  I don't think this creates a spectacular hole.  If the FO really likes a QB, this is a great value, IMO.  

If I were running the Giants this is how I would attack this draft:

1. if Cousins signs with Minnesota and say Foles goes to Arizona, trade down from #2 to #5 or #6: Denver and the Jets will be QB starved by this time, and the Giants can trade down and pick up picks.

2. If the Giants are say at #6 and somehow say Baker Mayfield is available, THEN call Buffalo about trading down to 21 and 22. Giants can make two deals and move down to 21 and 22 and have a monster haul.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

That would be a no brainer for the Bills. That would value Hughes as a first rounder. If they put him on the market I think his value would be in the second round. If someone offered a first that would be a surprise.

I figured his value at a low 2nd to mid 3rd. For that trade to work Hughes would need to be valued as a top 5 pick. We will need to use both 1st rd picks and more to move up to #2.