I doubt Beane risks both 1st round picks

gjv001

21 minutes ago, dlonce said:

You’re going to be surprised then.

None of the picks come with a warranty.

Beanes going to try his best to get up into the top 5. He may need to get to 3 to have the chance at one of those QBs.

Theres a reason he took a one from KC for this year and added more picks after round one.

I believe Beane thought what he had would be enough,and I believe he thought we’d be drafting higher than we are with our pick.

Hes going to need to include next years first at the very least because of the number of teams looking to trade up.

I pray he gets it done. We need to attempt to secure the most important spot on the team,finally, and this is the year to do it.

Its going to be the richest bidding war ever,in my opinion. I’d love to be the Giants and Indy right now.

You could be right

of course you could totally be wrong

It makes for a interesting draft....I think the bills can come out of this a winner in either scenario

1 hour ago, elltrain22 said:

Get Baker Mayfield. 

perhaps thats the guy they have at one : )
Once they know who the first 3 picks are they will better know who trade up with.

hope they are not napping during the Draft while in the War room. This is going to be the most intense draft we have seen in years IMO.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You could be right

of course you could totally be wrong

It makes for a interesting draft....I think the bills can come out of this a winner in either scenario

That's the spirit !

I don't think anyone really does not hope for Franchise QB this draft.

4 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

The other fact of the matter is everyone has a plan til the bullets start to fly.

They may plan to move up, but other teams may have the same plan and offer better compensation.  They may plan to sign Keenum/Bradford/McCarron ect but so will other teams. Takes 2 to tango. So once the bullets start they just have to be aggressive in 45 different directions and see what transpires. And whatever QB they end up with, chances are half the fanbase will complain that it wasn't "their guy" anyways. Football is hard.

Yes sir...any solid GM  in the league should be able to greatly improve a team when it owns 5 picks in the first three rounds..hopefully the scouting staff is burning the midnight oil.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yes sir...any solid GM  in the league should be able to greatly improve a team when it owns 5 picks in the first three rounds..hopefully the scouting staff is burning the midnight oil.

I feel this FO is full on for this event.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s certainly true but I don’t think that they are mad about it. I’m sure that McDermott in company aren’t like “damn, I wish that we were 4-12 instead of in the playoffs.” It helps in situations like Vontae Davis for example. He wouldn’t be here now if the Bills were 4-12. 

I'm sure Kyle Williams and Eric Wood are not unhappy with making the playoffs. Anyone who has an once of objectivity realize that the Bills were from a talent standpoint not a playoff caliber team. That's what makes their playoff participation even more of an impressive achievement. As we both have said before it is a tribute  to the HC and the players that bought in that the sum was greater than its parts. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm beginning to wonder.....If you're Cleveland, you take Chubb #1.

Keep #4.  And you are guaranteed one of Rosen Mayfield and Darnold.  

Chubb won't be there at #4.  

And in doing that, all kinds of crazy could happen with those #2 and #3 picks.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They drafted Myles Garrett (who got hurt) 1st overall last year.

Cleveland's D is not bad and will be much better this year.

If Cleveland's offense didn't turn the ball over 40+ times last year the D stats would be much better.

Barkley or a very good RB is what they need along with a QB of course.

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Barkley maybe but not Chubb. They need to fix the offense.

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

It actually does if you start looking at draft charts and what values you have to come up with to account for that. The jump up to 2nd from 3rd, will be enough to cost us not just most of this draft's picks, but also some of next years. I'd dread to think what the cost could be to go up to #1.

The Charts blah. Your paying the QB premium for any move up why because there will be alot of buyers so 3 could actually cost MORE once QB goes 1 and 2. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe they aquired the capital so they could aquire A qb and still be able to take players high at other positions........

I dont know if they do that but its a possibility

This offseason has been and will remain about the QB position 

27 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think if you're Cleveland and you have a clear-cut favorite of those 3 QBs, you take him at #1. Why potentially settle for your 3rd-best?

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Charts blah. Your paying the QB premium for any move up why because there will be alot of buyers so 3 could actually cost MORE once QB goes 1 and 2. 

What a load of bull. Even if you wanted to move up to the top of the draft from #21, for a player not a QB, it's going to cost you too much, as you will severely be compromising your ability to do anything with a draft, for years.

Try not to let your desire for a 'franchise' QB, overide any sense of reality. And WTF happens if you get that move wrong? You're pretty much guaranteed another 5 years of futility, until you can throw the kitchen sink at another top drafted QB who might not pan out.

4 minutes ago, Buddo said:

What a load of bull. Even if you wanted to move up to the top of the draft from #21, for a player not a QB, it's going to cost you too much, as you will severely be compromising your ability to do anything with a draft, for years.

Try not to let your desire for a 'franchise' QB, overide any sense of reality. And WTF happens if you get that move wrong? You're pretty much guaranteed another 5 years of futility, until you can throw the kitchen sink at another top drafted QB who might not pan out.

So your are trying to tell me if QB goes one and two the price for Pick 3 isnt going to skyrocket. 

Laws of supply and demand Brother 

and no it doesnt guarantee 5 Years futility if you miss. But if you dont try guess what you get. What we have seen since Kelly left. TRASH QB PLAY. 

Take your swing 

Edited by MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This offseason has been and will remain about the QB position 

And if its Jackson at 21 its not?

I totally get the arguement for Rosen....what I keep coming back to is I really dont want to mortgage FUTURE 1st rounders then this year and what if its that plus our 2 firsts this year....not when I have a young Michael Vick staring me in the face at 21?

Edited by John from Riverside

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And if its Jackson at 21 its not?

Yes a PROJECT for my QB. Color me excited not. 

But hey at least we kept the picks to take a DT IN the first in a very weak DL draft and other picks to take WR in yet another Weak position in this draft. Maybe OL. Yeah another weak position. See what I am saying you want to keep picks for what to pick players that have less of a chance at success then trading up for a QB?

Buffalo Fans LOVE to settle. You have more than enough capital to go get one of the top guys. GO GET THEN

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes a PROJECT for my QB. Color me excited not. 

But hey at least we kept the picks to take a DT IN the first in a very weak DL draft and other picks to take WR in yet another Weak position in this draft. Maybe OL. Yeah another weak position. See what I am saying you want to keep picks for what to pick players that have less of a chance at success then trading up for a QB?

What if its for linebackers which this draft is quality and we sorely need?

And all these QBs come with question marks....

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What if its for linebackers which this draft is quality and we sorely need?

And all these QBs come with question marks....

Ooo yes LBers. That automatically makes this team a contender. Oooo wait. 

And the LBer have JUST as many if not More ? Than The top QBs. You are talking a later 1st in a weaker draft. Every player in that range has flaws 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And the LBer have JUST as many if not More ? Than The top QBs 

Haven't you heard?  Potential 1st round non-QB's always pan out.

Just ask Shaq.  Imagine how bad we would have been if Shaq didn't play LDE at a mediocre level for half the year.

Edited by jmc12290

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And the LBer have JUST as many if not More ? Than The top QBs 

These linebackers look fantastic

I absolutely will not stop my feet and throw a tantrum if its Rosen.....shoot the owner sitting in on QB meetings at the combine probably lends to he wants a legit face of the franchise on this team

but the draft is a crazy thing......what if it just does not work out?   Lamar Jackson is far from a booby prize here the kid is a beast.

17 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think if you're Cleveland and you have a clear-cut favorite of those 3 QBs, you take him at #1. Why potentially settle for your 3rd-best?

I'd take Barkely first, especially if you grade three QB's pretty close together.  You are guaranteed a QB.  And the best part about it is you make his life easier with a bell cow HB.