I doubt Beane risks both 1st round picks

gjv001

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK...I apprecate you explaining it.

I dont agree with the "at all costs" when you can get a promising prospect at your pick......I like Mayfield as well which would probably take less of a trade up.

I provided stats?

What would he cost in a Trade up?  He is going top 3. So what one less of a pick?  A round lower in the future pick?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK...I apprecate you explaining it.

I dont agree with the "at all costs" when you can get a promising prospect at your pick......I like Mayfield as well which would probably take less of a trade up.

I provided stats?

Let me know when the definition of "solid" became statistically the third worst.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

There have always been rule changes.  Should we play asterisks after all the winning SB QB's that played before your modern era and say "Well they could not hack it in today's league."  They played in the system that was laid out for them and won.  Maybe under a different set of rules they successfully adapted and the results would still be the same.

again who have been the SB QBs say since that rule change?

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Let me know when the definition of "solid" became statistically the third worst.

LOL "solid" is not a stat

Its an observation.....just like its my observation that your a jerk that cant hold a conversation without resorting to insults

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What would he cost in a Trade up?  He is going top 3. So what one less of a pick?  A round lower in the future pick?

I honestly dont know.....I think none of us do because I dont believe compensation to trade up is going to go by any "chart" I think its gonna be a supply and demand thing where the sellers are gonna drive the price up.

So my delima becomes......if its gonna cost the future of your team (if your plan is to biuld through the draft) do you trade up for the best pure passer of this draft.....or do you take what could possibly be the next Michael Vick who has improved every year and has probably not come close to his celing.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its an observation.....just like its my observation that your a jerk that cant hold a conversation without resorting to insults

I honestly dont know.....I think none of us do because I dont believe compensation to trade up is going to go by any "chart" I think its gonna be a supply and demand thing where the sellers are gonna drive the price up.

So my delima becomes......if its gonna cost the future of your team (if your plan is to biuld through the draft) do you trade up for the best pure passer of this draft.....or do you take what could possibly be the next Michael Vick who has improved every year and has probably not come close to his celing.

We traded for extra picks for this exact reason, John.

The future of your Team is your QB. See that is were we differ. Get one and a good one and the rest is easy. So you are without a 1st for 2019 and maybe a second for 2019. 

You also have a top end QB on a rookie contract and close to 100M in cap space next offseason. 

Just now, jmc12290 said:

We traded for extra picks for this exact reason, John.

I realize that.....which is why if its Rosen Im totally on board

But we traded for those picks at a certain point in time.....I dont think Beane and McD thought we would be anywhere close to playoffs trading away guys like Sammy...Marcel...Darby.....letting Wood go in free agency......they probably thought we would be closer to the top 10

Does the approach to getting the qb chance for this reason?  I honestly dont know...none of us do.

A package can easily be built as Browns already said they would move 1. And Giants have said they are committed to Eli

Oh , there is a price that would get it done. We know that Ditka gave up his whole draft for one ( non-QB) player. The cost simply must be a factor. There isn't any Wentz, Luck type prospect in this draft. The Bills roster is far from a finished product. The Giants say they are committed to Eli, but the NY media seems to think it will be hard for them to pass on a QB at 2. The Colts pick is probably available, maybe Denver's. Free agency will have an impact on this draft for sure. I think the Bills would be willing to part with both 1s this year, and some other pick(s) but probably not 2019s first. Will that be enough? It's too soon to tell. Much of this stuff won't happen until draft night. 

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you are onto something there. That’s an interesting thought.

It's not like they did not even try during that time period.  Also, we were so far in the hole in overall player deficiency that we had to go BPA as best as we could identify.  This also was one of the darkest hours for the team as Ralph really needed to hand the reins over but in reality had too much of a finger in things.  God bless Ralph but the bottom line today is different as we no longer have a mentally declining owner mucking things up.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

The future of your Team is your QB. See that is were we differ. Get one and a good one and the rest is easy. So you are without a 1st for 2019 and maybe a second for 2019. 

You also have a top end QB on a rookie contract and close to 100M in cap space next offseason. 

And what if Lamar Jackson is Mike Vick....are you still not accomplishing this without giving up your picks?

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh , there is a price that would get it done. We know that Ditka gave up his whole draft for one ( non-QB) player. The cost simply must be a factor. There isn't any Wentz, Luck type prospect in this draft. The Bills roster is far from a finished product. The Giants say they are committed to Eli, but the NY media seems to think it will be hard for them to pass on a QB at 2. The Colts pick is probably available, maybe Denver's. Free agency will have an impact on this draft for sure. I think the Bills would be willing to part with both 1s this year, and some other pick(s) but probably not 2019s first. Will that be enough? It's too soon to tell. Much of this stuff won't happen until draft night. 

I would give uo whatever package you need to give up to go get your Franchise QB. If OBD thinks thats Rosen fin got get him. 

If it costs 2019 1st and 2019 2nd as well fine in 2019 you also have 100M in cap space 

And what if Lamar Jackson is Mike Vick....are you still not accomplishing this without giving up your picks?

He isnt. He is Lamar Jackson, a Project, granted he is better than our current QB but He isnt better than the top 3. 

He is just like Allen in terms of a Project. 

Who is the Better Prospect, likey the more sure thing 

Rosen or Jackson???

what if Some late rounder is Brady should we wait til then to see??

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Giving up a boatload of picks is nonsensical in terms of risk/reward.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Giving up a boatload of picks is nonsensical in terms of risk/reward.

Reall what is the hit% of picks in the 20’s and also the other later picks we will used 

compared to the chace that you hit on a top 2 QB pick?

I would give uo whatever package you need to give up to go get your Franchise QB. If OBD thinks thats Rosen fin got get him. 

If it costs 2019 1st and 2019 2nd as well fine in 2019 you also have 100M in cap space 

We don't know if they believe that about Rosen or whomever. Is that number valid. I know the Bills are 16th in cap space as it stands with about $28 million or so. Are you certain they will gain $72 million by 2019? It seems like a lot, though I know they are first in dead money vs cap this year. If true, it might be better to throw $$ at Cousins and keep the draft picks. 

Your package is way too light to move up to 2 or 3 this year.  Maybe in a year where there is a dozen clear cut NFL prospects with QB not weighted on the top of the draft as many predict.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

We don't know if they believe that about Rosen or whomever. Is that number valid. I know the Bills are 16th in cap space as it stands with about $28 million or so. Are you certain they will gain $72 million by 2019? It seems like a lot, though I know they are first in dead money vs cap this year. If true, it might be better to throw $$ at Cousins and keep the draft picks. 

Yes I just looked in 2019 right now without rollover have 87M in cap space. Add rollover and they will be close to 100M

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2019/

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He isnt. He is Lamar Jackson, a Project, granted he is better than our current QB but He isnt better than the top 3. 

He is just like Allen in terms of a Project. 

Who is the Better Prospect, likey the more sure thing 

Rosen or Jackson???

Rosen is of course the more sure thing......and that is why you would pay a mint

And he is better then our current qb yes especially in the ways that you want him to be and in those areas it is not close.

The comparisions of him to Vick are so wide spread by pretty much everyone with even Vick himself giving the endorsement that I have to say he is in fact like Vick and maybe better....Michael Vick went number 1 in his draft and practically carried that falcon team on offense.......we would not want that for this team?   I most certainly would.

Are we sure that the true debate here is "style" of play rather then who is better......Rosen clearly the better passer at this point while Lamar being the dynamic player who still throws from a pocket?

Reall what is the hit% of picks in the 20’s and also the other later picks we will used 

compared to the chace that you hit on a top 2 QB pick?

The only top ten QB picks to win a SB in recent decades are the Mannings, fwiw. 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Your package is way too light to move up to 2 or 3 this year.  Maybe in a year where there is a dozen clear cut NFL prospects with QB not weighted on the top of the draft as many predict.

Never told you my package to move up or what i am willing to give up to move up

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Rosen is of course the more sure thing......and that is why you would pay a mint

And he is better then our current qb yes especially in the ways that you want him to be and in those areas it is not close.

The comparisions of him to Vick are so wide spread by pretty much everyone with even Vick himself giving the endorsement that I have to say he is in fact like Vick and maybe better....Michael Vick went number 1 in his draft and practically carried that falcon team on offense.......we would not want that for this team?   I most certainly would.

Are we sure that the true debate here is "style" of play rather then who is better......Rosen clearly the better passer at this point while Lamar being the dynamic player who still throws from a pocket?

Vick also gave an endorsement to TT so???