I doubt Beane risks both 1st round picks

gjv001

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Bills QB Watch @BillsQBwatch 23m23 minutes ago

In three years as Bills starter, Tyrod Taylor has failed to reach 200 yards passing in 52% of games and has never thrown for 300 yards in regulation.

I consider passing yards to be completely worthless stat.......passing TD's is a real stat

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Never told you my package to move up or what i am willing to give up to move up

Vick also gave an endorsement to TT so???

Because they went to the same school  am I right?

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ha ha ha YES i knew this was coming. Again who have been the QBs in the SuperBowl since the rule change to make passing easier?

I hear you.  But MAJ, the majority of SB winners have also had GREAT defense too.  I just don't think it is an either or thing here.

As you can see, the majority of the defenses have been really damn good.  I don't know the exact stat but from this chart it looks like it's at least 80% the case that dominant defenses win the SB.  This doesn't mean we don't need a franchise QB because we do.  But what it might suggest is that the either/or logic is wrong.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I consider passing yards to be completely worthless stat.......passing TD's is a real stat

Because they went to the same school  am I right?

And Jackson has the same playing style am I right?

i dont mind jackson that much but he is a Project and I just dont want a Project as my QB. He should have stayed in school one more year. 

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I hear you.  But MAJ, the majority of SB winners have also had GREAT defense too.  I just don't think it is an either or thing here.

As you can see, the majority of the defenses have been really damn good.  I don't know the exact stat but from this chart it looks like it's at least 80% the case that dominant defenses win the SB.  This doesn't mean we don't need a franchise QB because we do.  But what it might suggest is that the either/or logic is wrong.

Let me ask this is it easier playing defense when your Offense scores a ton??

notice there are very little top ranked defense with horrible ranked offenses 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And Jackson has the same playing style am I right?

i dont mind jackson that much but he is a Project and I just dont want a Project as my QB. He should have stayed in school one more year. 

Let me ask this is it easier playing defense when your Offense scores a ton??

It sure is.  Let me ask a question in return.  What kind of players are you going to need on offense to build an offense that will "score a ton?"

51 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes a PROJECT for my QB. Color me excited not. 

But hey at least we kept the picks to take a DT IN the first in a very weak DL draft and other picks to take WR in yet another Weak position in this draft. Maybe OL. Yeah another weak position. See what I am saying you want to keep picks for what to pick players that have less of a chance at success then trading up for a QB?

Buffalo Fans LOVE to settle. You have more than enough capital to go get one of the top guys. GO GET THEN

And therein lies the problem, the blithe assumption that we have the draft capital to move up to get one of the first two QBs taken, if they go !st and 2nd. We haven't, without either using up all of our picks this year, and future picks, and it's because of the draft chart values you happily wish to ignore.

We should, however, be able to get up to #3, without completely screwing up this and future drafts. And the only way you move up to #3, is if the guy you wanted, is the guy who is there. Which will likely mean that he is 'only' the 2nd qB taken.

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A package can easily be built as Browns already said they would move 1. And Giants have said they are committed to Eli

The Browns merely said they are open to a trade as opposed to having a fire sale where the first pick "has got to go."

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Despite being a glaring need, the defensive line depth next year also contributes to feeling fine pushing in for QB.  Oliver / Bosa / Gary / Clemson guys / typical Bama prospects as headliners, I don't think some of the "we have so many holes" people even have a hint of an idea at what's coming down the pipe.

Won't matter if they have to kick in next years first in a trade up.  That's part of the issue; moving up sounds good, but at what cost?  Because it's likely none of these QBs are ready to carry a team any time soon, if ever, so how is the team around them filled out?

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

It sure is.  Let me ask a question in return.  What kind of players are you going to need on offense to build an offense that will "score a ton?"

If the SB was any indication, you can do it with a lot of very good players and a decent QB OR a lot of average players, one genetic freak and a great QB. 

15 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Need a QB, Need a OG, A WR for next year and with those additions i am pretty confident i can get my PPG from 18 to 22-23. 

And I am not building for a SB run next year and OBD has even acknowledged that

14 minutes ago, Buddo said:

And therein lies the problem, the blithe assumption that we have the draft capital to move up to get one of the first two QBs taken, if they go !st and 2nd. We haven't, without either using up all of our picks this year, and future picks, and it's because of the draft chart values you happily wish to ignore.

We should, however, be able to get up to #3, without completely screwing up this and future drafts. And the only way you move up to #3, is if the guy you wanted, is the guy who is there. Which will likely mean that he is 'only' the 2nd qB taken.

So Cant get to 2 without screwing up future drafts but THREE yes one pick later wont. You will give up very similar packages and get a lesser prospect. Awesome

Really dude??

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The Browns merely said they are open to a trade as opposed to having a fire sale where the first pick "has got to go."

So like I said they said they would Move 1 (obviously if package is right). Thanks 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I would be very surprised to see Beane trade both 1st round picks for a QB. Would not be surprised to see him move for a QB, they covet, who falls to a point that only one 1st round pick and some other mid-level draft compensation is required.

???

Why? 

Do you know Beane?

Do you know McD?

What do you know that makes this insightful in the least? 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the SB was any indication, you can do it with a lot of very good players and a decent QB OR a lot of average players, one genetic freak and a great QB. 

Exactly, so there is no one configuration as has been suggested.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Need a QB, Need a OG, A WR for next year and with those additions i am pretty confident i can get my PPG from 18 to 22-23. 

So Cant get to 2 without screwing up future drafts but THREE yes one pick later wont. 

Really dude??

I'd think a backup HB as well.  In any case, I want a franchise QB for sure.  But I also have a price point.  I think the biggest issue for us is that we probably played beyond what we expected.  And honestly, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'd want to do it again.  But this has put us in a pickle in terms of getting one of the top QBs.  It really has.  I can see the Giants trading with a team in the top 5 to 6 but not outside of that.  Given Gettleman's history (a guy that has never traded back, but always traded up), he's a I'd rather have a dime over two nickels kind of guy.  If you look at Indy, given their defensive situation, how do you pass up Bradley Chubb or a guy like Roquan Smith?  I can see them trading but if these are the guys that they have in mind, they are not trading with the Bills.  I just think we are not in a good spot for teams in the top 5 to say sure, we'll trade with you.  Now if it's in the teens then I can see us getting there.  But I honestly don't see us making it into the top 5.  So from my perspective, we have to hope a guy drops.

I don’t know if they will be able to pull a deal off, but I think that is EXACTLY what those extra picks are for. I know it’s kind of odd, but I feel like the extra first is a freebie, since we still got Tre in the first. 

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I'd think a backup HB as well.  In any case, I want a franchise QB for sure.  But I also have a price point.  I think the biggest issue for us is that we probably played beyond what we expected.  And honestly, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'd want to do it again.  But this has put us in a pickle in terms of getting one of the top QBs.  It really has.  I can see the Giants trading with a team in the top 5 to 6 but not outside of that.  Given Gettleman's history (a guy that has never traded back, but always traded up), he's a I'd rather have a dime over two nickels kind of guy.  If you look at Indy, given their defensive situation, how do you pass up Bradley Chubb or a guy like Roquan Smith?  I can see them trading but if these are the guys that they have in mind, they are not trading with the Bills.  I just think we are not in a good spot for teams in the top 5 to say sure, we'll trade with you.  Now if it's in the teens then I can see us getting there.  But I honestly don't see us making it into the top 5.  So from my perspective, we have to hope a guy drops.

If Gettleman wants to trade that pick,  I don't see Beane getting any kind of discount due to their relationship... but I do see him giving Beane the chance to beat the best offer. Dare to be great, McBeane!

Edited by Rico

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Ok i get where you are coming from. 

I just am not going into the draft thinking any of that. If I am the GM. I want Rosen I think he is the QB I want to hang my hat on. I am going to get him. The amount of Lottery tickets I spent to Hit my fanchise QB means nothing to me. 

I can fill all other positions initially with Role Players and have 100M in cap space going into 2019. 

Not to mention the FO already setting it up that way with the little nuggets put out about further along than we are etc etc. 

so breaking the Drought bought good faith with the fan base. You set yourself up getting capital (Lottery Tickets) now Beane Execute your Plan and go get your Franchise QB. There is a package that will get you into 1 or 2. Just pull the trigger 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Won't matter if they have to kick in next years first in a trade up.  That's part of the issue; moving up sounds good, but at what cost?  Because it's likely none of these QBs are ready to carry a team any time soon, if ever, so how is the team around them filled out?

If you truly end up with a franchise qb, you are getting a guy who can eventually carry a team.  Of course, it's a gamble, but one increases the odds drafting a qb early in a good qb draft.  Not to single you out, but your post was brief, so I take the opportunity to answer your question more generally.  There seems to be an assumption that those of us who want a proactive effort to get a potential franchise qb expect a SB run to immediately follow.  I don't think anyone thinks that.

Seems to me that you need to make sure the Oline is not a disaster.  It would help to add a good wr and #2 rb either through the draft or FA.  You don't want to David Carr your shiny, new qb.  Then you allow a few years for the qb to become what you hope is a very good qb.  This allows time through drafting, trades, and free agency to "fill out the team around him."  In short, it's actually prudential to get the young qb now when you have the draft capital and a good qb draft.  By the time the team is set up, your qb has hopefully gotten through the growing pains phase.

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Never told you my package to move up or what i am willing to give up to move up

Vick also gave an endorsement to TT so???

Your previous post provides a pretty good hint unless you are the type to throw things around for the sake of throwing something out.  Alright then, I ask you to put your cards on the table as to the absolute max you will go.  Time to be held to something and not just writing stuff in the sand as they say.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would hope so.  The question is who will he consider trading up and pulling the trigger for?  IMO the QB who look like possible immediate or half-year starters are Rosen and Mayfield, possibly Darnold.  Jackson and Rudolph are probably 1 yr projects.  Allen is IMO "boom or bust"

Absolutely, but I'm not sure 300 yd games are the metric of that.

They are a bar napkin measure. If you are down a couple scores you need to start getting some chunk yardage in the air. Win or loss the ball moving is indicative of giving your team a shot. When we were down several scores late in the saints game and Tyrod was still checking down and not pushing downfield I became much more worried about his future.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Cant get to 2 without screwing up future drafts but THREE yes one pick later wont. You will give up very similar packages and get a lesser prospect. Awesome

Really dude??

So like I said they said they would Move 1 (obviously if package is right). Thanks 

You never said anything about "if the package is right in your previous post."  Once again I would ask you to stop writing things in the sand.  Say what you mean and say it at a time that is appropriate.  If you say that the "Browns are going to move pick number 1" I am not going to read your mind to know that you meant that "only if the price is right."

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Your previous post provides a pretty good hint unless you are the type to throw things around for the sake of throwing something out.  Alright then, I ask you to put your cards on the table as to the absolute max you will go.  Time to be held to something and not just writing stuff in the sand as they say.

Sure

to Get to 2nd. 

Both 1st, Both 2nds

1st, 2nd

2nd 

Players (if i need some more value to sweeten pot)

Hughes 

Glenn

Taylor

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Assuming starting at the 25 yrd line; 200 passing yards = 2.67 trips to the end zone through the air; where as 300 yards = 4 trips...

When you are behind in the 4th you need to get the ball in the air and push it downfield...

Edited by Reed83HOF