I doubt Beane risks both 1st round picks

gjv001

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You wont be saying that if Rosen is a stud and we are still losing because the rest of the team sucks

And the team has been HORRIBLE in most of the other years

And yet Won a SuperBowl. How mant times have we won a SB with our dominant Defenses, Running games and OLs? And Trash QB play??

Edited by MAJBobby

My dream scenario is finding a way to move up for Rosen that does not cost us our number 1 in next year's draft....find a way to pay the price this year for Rosen fill the holes with free agents

but....once again.....there are 31 other teams in the league also trying to get better....so to auto assume the bills can do that is folly

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

The Rams and Eagles have been horrible because of their tradeups, right?

No because they used Free Agency to find role players. But when we trade up we cant do anything else. Free Agency no longer exists apparently for us if we trade up. 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think they still can get their RB (if they want one) at 4. I fully expect QBs to go 1,2,3

Indy can use Barkley just as much as the other top of the draft teams.  Cleveland can't rest under the assumption that Barkley falls to 4.  Barkley would be a good safety blanket for whoever the Browns QB will be.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

My dream scenario is finding a way to move up for Rosen that does not cost us our number 1 in next year's draft....find a way to pay the price this year for Rosen fill the holes with free agents

but....once again.....there are 31 other teams in the league also trying to get better....so to auto assume the bills can do that is folly

Then Give up the 1st Next year. GET YOUR Franchise QB

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Indy can use Barkley just as much as the other top of the draft teams.  Cleveland can't rest under the assumption that Barkley falls to 4.  Barkley would be a good safety blanket for whoever the Browns QB will be.

Indy also can use the package that will be offered to them for whichever team is coming to 3 to get their QB

The rams and eagles both had solid defenses in place before hand...you know this right?

And we have a Solid defense you know this right?  Solid enough to carry team to a playoff birth

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What Team has contended without a legit QB again in Modern Football?

Yep he won a SB with what again on defense????

Trent Dilfer says hello and plans on spending a quiet late winter Sunday polishing his SB ring from the Ravens.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Indy also can use the package that will be offered to them for whichever team is coming to 3 to get their QB

And if it takes more then next year's 1st?

THis is what I am getting at here.....at what point does the cost become to much (at some point it does have to)

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The rams and eagles both had solid defenses in place before hand...you know this right?

The Eagles defense was 28th in points and 30th in yards in 2015.

The Rams defense was 13th in points and 23rd in yards in 2015.

Was your plan to just make things up and hope reality rearranged itself?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And we have a Solid defense you know this right?  Solid enough to carry team to a playoff birth

Well lets look at that defense

Run stop was iffy

Shaq Lawson provided no pass rush.....Hughes doing it by himself

Everyone seems to hate Preston Brown....Matt Milano is our best LB

It still needs work

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

After Losman, not much was spent. EJ was drafted because yes we needed one, but was exacerbated by Nix's comment to the prank callers...

Just thinking out loud here, but since Donahoe, it hasn't been a big priority to go up and get one. I wonder how much of that was due to incompetent and/or directive from Littman, since before the rookie cap in the draft, first round QBs cost a fortune...

I think that you are onto something there. That’s an interesting thought.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Trent Dilfer says hello and plans on spending a quiet late winter Sunday polishing his SB ring from the Ravens.

Ha ha ha YES i knew this was coming. Again who have been the QBs in the SuperBowl since the rule change to make passing easier?

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

The Eagles defense was 28th in points and 30th in yards in 2015.

The Rams defense was 13th in points and 23rd in yards in 2015.

Was your plan to just make things up and hope reality rearranged itself?

JMC......why is it that every time someone does not agree with you you have to resort to insults?  Jesus you make yourself look bad

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And if it takes more then next year's 1st?

THis is what I am getting at here.....at what point does the cost become to much (at some point it does have to)

Fine it takes more. GET YOUR QB

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well lets look at that defense

Run stop was iffy

Shaq Lawson provided no pass rush.....Hughes doing it by himself

Everyone seems to hate Preston Brown....Matt Milano is our best LB

It still needs work

And yet our Offense doesnt need addressed at all and their 18 ppg lol. Get your QB

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

YES. Because a Franchise QB means more in the NFL than ANY other Position on the Football Field. 

And with one you do NOT need dominant players everywhere on the field 

The Eagles just won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB. No, he didn't start the whole season but he won it. We don't know that Rosen is a franchise QB. There are questions about him. The Bills need to move up in all likelihood to improve at QB, but the cost in draft capital MUST be considered. Moving to 1 would cost a fortune in draft picks. The Giants might take a QB as Manning is 37 and they probably won't be picking as high as they are again in 2018. Much of this stuff is out of the Bills control, and giving up say, 3 ones to get Rosen doesn't make it more likely that he's a franchise QB. There are not 32 of those guys out there, so GMs may have to look at this thing a little differently. 

JMC......why is it that every time someone does not agree with you you have to resort to insults?  Jesus you make yourself look bad

Dude, you didn't just not agree with me.  You cited MADE UP stats to prove your opinion.

That's ridiculous.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Fine it takes more. GET YOUR QB

OK...I apprecate you explaining it.

I dont agree with the "at all costs" when you can get a promising prospect at your pick......I like Mayfield as well which would probably take less of a trade up.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Dude, you didn't just not agree with me.  You cited MADE UP stats to prove your opinion.

That's ridiculous.

I provided stats?

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The Eagles just won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB. No, he didn't start the whole season but he won it. We don't know that Rosen is a franchise QB. There are questions about him. The Bills need to move up in all likelihood to improve at QB, but the cost in draft capital MUST be considered. Moving to 1 would cost a fortune in draft picks. The Giants might take a QB as Manning is 37 and they probably won't be picking as high as they are again in 2018. Much of this stuff is out of the Bills control, and giving up say, 3 ones to get Rosen doesn't make it more likely that he's a franchise QB. There are not 32 of those guys out there, so GMs may have to look at this thing a little differently. 

A package can easily be built as Browns already said they would move 1. And Giants have said they are committed to Eli

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ha ha ha YES i knew this was coming. Again who have been the QBs in the SuperBowl since the rule change to make passing easier?

Lol , love when someone brings up the outlier. That was maybe the best defense in NFL history as well. 

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ha ha ha YES i knew this was comings. Again who have been the QBs in the SuperBowl since the rule change to make passing easier?

There have always been rule changes.  Should we put asterisks after all the winning SB QB's that played before your modern era and say "Well they could not hack it in today's league?"  They played in the system that was laid out for them and won.  Maybe under a different set of rules they successfully adapted and the results would still be the same.

Edited by RochesterRob