Shaquem Griffin Posts 20-rep Bench Press Using Prosthetic and Now a 4.38 Forty

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Even if you disagree there it helped him on the run. While it threw his balance off he has been accustomed to that. But he still an a few lbs lighter than most other players. 

Christ.

You have to be trolling.

There is no way you are that dumb to believe what you just posted.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Even if you disagree there it helped him on the run. While it threw his balance off he has been accustomed to that. But he still an a few lbs lighter than most other players. 

It’s as if SouthNY and others never watched the Six Million Dollar Man. It is uncontroverted that titanium limbs are stronger and more durable than human bone. That much I know. If he needs an astericks next to his bench reps number, so be it. 

19 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The prosthetic did not help the guy with bench pressing.

Kept

Period.

I'm not arguing about anything else.

You and fergy are completely off the mark thinking it actually helped him with the bench.

Agree.  He probably has a tougher time maintaining the balance of the weight through the exercise.  He won't have the same feeling of the bar as someone with 2 hands.  If he were using a machine it might be different but with free weight that has to be harder.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

A one-handed linebacker just put up 20 reps at 225, and ran a 4.38 40. Pardon me but I choose to be 

impressed.

He's got an advantage on 40.  Not carrying the extra weight of a second hand.  Put a star next to that.  ;-)

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Add to that, if you have a prosthetic hand/forearm, it's an advantage over another player that has skin and callouses on their hands. If he's lifting he won't feel the burn and puss that is attendant to an exploding callous. He can get more reps with the prosthetic limb because it is made of material that is springier and more durable than the human forearm (ulna). Maybe they'll put an asterisk after his reps in the record book because of this advantage. Not sure his reps should count.

Please be sarcasm. 20 rep bench press being stopped because of a callous?¿? Puss building up, does he have an infection? Please 9 lb 10oz baby Jesus be sarcasm

Great story and I'm rooting for the young man. It kind of makes me think of ex MLB pitcher Jim Abbott. Someone will give him a shot and I think he will be more successful than some believe. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Great story and I'm rooting for the young man. It kind of makes me think of ex MLB pitcher Jim Abbott. Someone will give him a shot and I think he will be more successful than some believe. 

Some of the comments above do not represent all Bills fans.  Thanks for looking at the positives.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The story is great and the kid has a lot of heart, but his size is concerning. 

A 6'2" 227lb linebacker?

We drafted Matt Milano at 6-0, 223, so he could be a 4-3 will. I could also see him being used by a creative 3-4 coach like James Bettcher with the Giants. (formerly Arizona)

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1