Shaquem Griffin Posts 20-rep Bench Press Using Prosthetic and Now a 4.38 Forty

18 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah... 20 reps isn't that impressive. And I'm sure Griffin would prefer people to not set the bar lower. Especially with the prosthetic arm.... The 40 on the other hand is impressive.

I see what you did there 

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm more impressed with how he tackles without the prosthetic falling off. I dont think that would be an impediment to lifting weights, as long as its attached properly.

He doesn't play with a prosthetic

I think at the least the kid is going to be a special teams terror and a true locker room leader.  

Edited by Chuck Wagon

2 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Ever Watch Deion Jones play ?  6-2 222 coming out of college.

It's 2018 not 1995.

Didn't realize these LBs were so small.  They look bigger than they are on the field.

Well...I know what the next trend will be in the NFL and the Cowboys have a leg up on everyone.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, Kmart128 said:

Not saying it's bad. It's decent but a lot of overreacting to the bench press

People are reacting because he beat the odds. How many people on the planet with one hand can put up 20 reps of 225 and run a 4.38.

I want him on our team, he would be an inspirational leader, and it appears that he actually plays at 4.4 speeds and has a knack for turnovers. He forced a lot of fumbles with jabbing his arm at the ball,  could it possibly become a competitive advantage?

On 3/4/2018 at 12:12 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Add to that, if you have a prosthetic hand/forearm, it's an advantage over another player that has skin and callouses on their hands. If he's lifting he won't feel the burn and puss that is attendant to an exploding callous. He can get more reps with the prosthetic limb because it is made of material that is springier and more durable than the human forearm (ulna). Maybe they'll put an asterisk after his reps in the record book because of this advantage. Not sure his reps should count.

Really, callouses? As a  former national team rower, a sport with notoriously terrible hands, iIhave never looked at a Para rower, and thought "boy what an advantage they have because of blisters "

This is a picture of another national teamers (Alex Gregory and Adam Neil ) hands, and they go and row 40k per day on that 6 days per week, plus 3-4 lifts. Your argument is stupid

Image result for rowing hands

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

Really, callouses? As a  former national team rower, a sport with notoriously terrible hands, iIhave never looked at a Para rower, and thought "boy what an advantage they have because of blisters "

This is a picture of another national teamers (Alex Gregory and Adam Neil ) hands, and they go and row 40k per day on that 6 days per week, plus 3-4 lifts. Your argument is stupid

I appreciate your point, but damn those hands are gross. 

On 3/4/2018 at 4:14 PM, Boyst62 said:

Even if you disagree there it helped him on the run. While it threw his balance off he has been accustomed to that. But he still an a few lbs lighter than most other players. 

It's amazing how you could make so many points as to why he might not pan out in the league...

And you always pick the wrong ones. Reading your posts are like jumping off a cliff into the depths of stupidity, and the fall just never stops. It's just an eternal fall into simple. It's like your brain is tanking in this life, so you can pick a really good one when they are being handed out next year.

You're turning a disability into an advantage. It's ridiculous. 

You should go on a college track forum and discuss that. No way you can know less about that than you do football, or general life discussions.