Shaquem Griffin Posts 20-rep Bench Press Using Prosthetic and Now a 4.38 Forty

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's amazing how you could make so many points as to why he might not pan out in the league...

And you always pick the wrong ones. Reading your posts are like jumping off a cliff into the depths of stupidity, and the fall just never stops. It's just an eternal fall into simple. It's like your brain is tanking in this life, so you can pick a really good one when they are being handed out next year.

You're turning a disability into an advantage. It's ridiculous. 

You should go on a college track forum and discuss that. No way you can know less about that than you do football, or general life discussions. 

I actually ran college track, so... There is that.     

a division 1 level no less

10 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

People are reacting because he beat the odds. How many people on the planet with one hand can put up 20 reps of 225 and run a 4.38.

I want him on our team, he would be an inspirational leader, and it appears that he actually plays at 4.4 speeds and has a knack for turnovers. He forced a lot of fumbles with jabbing his arm at the ball,  could it possibly become a competitive advantage?

Plays at 4.4 speed. The average of his two runs was closer to 4.5 than 4.4. Like I said overreacting.

43 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Plays at 4.4 speed. The average of his two runs was closer to 4.5 than 4.4. Like I said overreacting.

He ran the fastest 40 by a LB since 2003. Also, The average of his 40 times are not his play speed. Look at the tape and you see a LB who is FLYING AROUND and getting to the ball FASTer than everyone else. 

His combine numbers are impressive for any LB and they confirm the athlete that you see on the field. They also confirm hard work, and ability to overcome the adversity and the doubters. Imagine losing a hand at age 4, 99.99% of those people are not pushing for a pro football career. They gave up when they were 12 if they ever started in the first place. 

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

He ran the fastest 40 by a LB since 2003. Also, The average of his 40 times are not his play speed. Look at the tape and you see a LB who is FLYING AROUND and getting to the ball FASTer than everyone else. 

His combine numbers are impressive for any LB and they confirm the athlete that you see on the field. They also confirm hard work, and ability to overcome the adversity and the doubters. Imagine losing a hand at age 4, 99.99% of those people are not pushing for a pro football career. They gave up when they were 12 if they ever started in the first place. 

Ok so kid averages 4.48 speed without pads but with pads on you think he has 4.4 speed... Come on that's laughable. He was often time fastest on the field. But you have to remember that weaker competition in AAC his competition will be slower

I'm not trying to discredit what he did. Just the overreacting. If he had two hands people would say he had a good work out but its not some unbelievable achievement. I'm sure if you ask him he wouldn't want anyone to lower the bar from him.

Edited by Kmart128

On 3/5/2018 at 5:00 AM, papazoid said:

McDermott values speed at LB

Bills should use their 3rd round pick on this guy (last pick in 3rd round from Philly #96 overall)

forget about the 20 reps or the fact he has 1 hand. Watch his tape. This kid flat out runs people down. I'd consider him in the 4th. Getting a LB with that kind of speed is rare.

On 3/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, Boyst62 said:

Why is 20 reps on the BP dominant?  About any 20somethibg yr old in a workout program could put that out easily

He out-lifted quite a fair number of the LBs and was competitive with many more (ie, within 1 or 2 reps). 

DE Marcus Davenport who is considerably bigger did 22 reps.

I think that is quite an accomplishment.

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He out-lifted quite a fair number of the LBs and was competitive with many more (ie, within 1 or 2 reps). 

DE Marcus Davenport who is considerably bigger did 22 reps.

I think that is quite an accomplishment.

If I had a robotic hand I'd outlift others too

I’m a little skeptical of his bench reps given the use of a prosthetic device to compensate for his missing left hand. It would have been more impressive if he just held the bar in the middle with his one hand. 

46 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If I had a robotic hand I'd outlift others too

I was responding to you saying that 20 reps wasn't very impressive.

Are you saying that it IS impressive for most people, but NOT impressive because you believe that the sleeve that fits over his arm where his hand is gives him a mechanical advantage?

If you think that gave him an advantage, is it your hands that give out first on the BP or your chest/shoulders?

29 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I was responding to you saying that 20 reps wasn't very impressive.

Are you saying that it IS impressive for most people, but NOT impressive because you believe that the sleeve that fits over his arm where his hand is gives him a mechanical advantage?

If you think that gave him an advantage, is it your hands that give out first on the BP or your chest/shoulders?

My hands dont give out first when I bp. I have strong and limber wrists.

And even out of shape a few yrs ago for ***** and giggled I knocked out 19 reps at 225.