Brownies willing to trade #1

“There’s a lot of things I can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “My door is wide open if somebody wants to come up and talk to me about a trade, I’m willing to trade. But also I’m going to do what’s best for this organization, and I will do that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/browns-open-to-everything-with-no-1-pick-including-a-trade/

Oddly, the Browns might be the best bet to trade up since they also have #4, so it doesn't hurt them as much to drop to #21 and #22.

They can pick in the top 4, then get two more picks in the 1st plus a bunch of other picks. If that happens they need to change those uniforms to be ready for prime time, because if they hit on a top 4 pick, #21, #22, an extra second and maybe next year's Bills 1st they might be a super team.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Oddly, the Browns might be the best bet to trade up since they also have #4, so it doesn't hurt them as much to drop to #21 and #22.

They can pick in the top 4, then get two more picks in the 1st plus a bunch of other picks. If that happens they need to change those uniforms to be ready for prime time, because if they hit on a top 4 pick, #21, #22, an extra second and maybe next year's Bills 1st they might be a super team.

Browns already own picks 1, 4, 33, 35.  That is, 4 picks before the 2nd round is 4 picks old.  They can get good in a hurry.

Does a GM ever say "We are not going to listen to offers" even if they do not plan to listen?

If Cleveland does not pick a QB at 1 it is gross negligence.  Play the game to wait to 4 for a QB is a huge risk that 3 are not selected ahead of you and you end up with the leftovers.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

TRADE IT ALL FOR ROSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both 1sts, next year's 1st and next year's 2nd and 3rd!!!!! <thick sarcasm>

Why are you against having a franchise QB? The Rams weren't against it when they went all out for Goff

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yes but Bills are not trading all the way up to #1. Highly, highly doubt that.

They want to see who is serious about moving up, so they can decide if they need to take a QB at one, or if they can take Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4.

Would any team desperate for a QB do something like the Saints did to get Ricky Williams?

The Saints traded away 8 picks, including two 1st rounders, to the Washington Redskins so they could move up from their own #12 spot in the draft to the #5 spot.

Here is what the Redskins received.

Year

Round

1st (12th Overall)

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

1st (2nd Overall)

3rd

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Why are you against having a franchise QB? The Rams weren't against it when they went all out for Goff

He must be thinking, "why make a move to get a potential franchise QB when you can get a center, a LB and a DT. We all know those positions are more important than a franchise QB"

Anyone thinking its silly to "trade so much" for a QB amuse me. A franchise QB makes EVERYONE better around them (look at Aaron Rodgers and the lack of talent across GBs roster) and you don't consistently compete for championships without one. 

• Like (+1) 2