Brownies willing to trade #1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Nope they cant. ONLY way to GUARANTEE they get their guy is to take them at 1 overall. 

Anything lower and there is NO guarantee you will get him is there?

This is not true. The DE and RB could go 1 and 2. What if they trade to the Colts at 3 and the Colts take the DE? The Giants could take the RB. All of the QB's could be on board at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It's easy to say, "The Bill should [must!] move up to get [pick your QB!]," but rarely does anyone say what they think and are willing to give up.  

If we can first agree the price will be very steep, what are you willing to trade?  

Personally, I'd like to have Darnold or Rosen, but I don't think they are worth what they will cost.  I'd be happy with signing Keenem and drafting Lamar Jackson; and have room to address a lot of holes. 

Sure 

i have Rosen and Darnold graded out the top two QBs in class and a drop from those two. 

So if I would give up 

2018 first

2018 first

2018 second

2018 3rd

2019 1st 

2019 2nd 

Glenn - or equivalent pick value (prolly another 2nd)

to get my 15 year QB which i think Rosen and Darnold are. 

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

This is not true. The DE and RB could go 1 and 2. What if they trade to the Colts at 3 and the Colts take the DE? The Giants could take the RB. All of the QB's could be on board at 4.

Do you not understand the word guarantee???

could and what if are NOT Guarantees are they???

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could you imagine what it would take to trade to 1?

i think we would be better off trading into a lower spot then that.

Yeah, I just did some numbers.  It would be nuts to trade from 21 up to 1.

I ask everyone, show me where I am wrong?

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let's get real.  Cleveland will want a premium on there 1st.

That means at a 25%  premium will cost 4000 Draft Points!

Also remember as a standard,  2019 picks get discounted in points by 10% or so.

Bills

2018-1st Round Pick #21 ----------------------------800

2018-1st Round Pick #22 ----------------------------780

2019-1st Round Pick (#21 minus 10%)--------720

2018-2nd Round Pick #53----------------------------370

2019-2nd Round Pick (#53 minus 10%)-------333

2018-2nd 2nd Round Pick #55---------------------350

SUBTOTAL OF 3-1ST'S AND 3-2ND'S------3353

Even without the 10% Discounts Total of---3470

That's a total of a 12% premium.  What more would we have to give?

What is TT worth?  A 4th at the absolute most (Bills 2018-4th Round Pick #121---52 points).

This is what it would take just to get in a conversation with Cleveland.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure 

i have Rosen and Darnold graded out the top two QBs in class and a drop from those two. 

So if I would give up 

2018 first

2018 first

2018 second

2018 3rd

2019 1st 

2019 2nd 

This would be the dumbest trade in the history of football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure 

So if I would give up 

2018 first

2018 first

2018 second

2018 3rd

2019 1st 

2019 2nd 

And just how do you expect to fill some of the gaping holes on this roster at WR, LB and DT in that scenario?  By giving outrageous Malik Jackson-esque contracts to free agents for the next 2 years?

7 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It's easy to say, "The Bill should [must!] move up to get [pick your QB!]," but rarely does anyone say what they think and are willing to give up.  

If we can first agree the price will be very steep, what are you willing to trade?  

Personally, I'd like to have Darnold or Rosen, but I don't think they are worth what they will cost.  I'd be happy with signing Keenem and drafting Lamar Jackson; and have room to address a lot of holes. 

Too many over value the 21st and 22nd picks overall that the Bills possess.  But in general you are correct in that people refuse to put a price on their proposition or are way under valuing the cost.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure 

So if I would give up 

2018 first

2018 first

2018 second

2018 3rd

2019 1st 

2019 2nd 

You want a guarantee. You're making a guarantee. No one else.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

This would be the dumbest trade in the history of football.

Sure says again you. 

So That trade happens and in a 15 year career he leads the team to 6 Superbowls with 2 wins and 2 SB MVPs that is a dumb trade. Ha ha ha

I think that the Browns really want Allen but would rather not take him #1.  They figure he will be there at #4. Dorsey likes big strong armed guys and Allen has already said that he would love to be a Brown. Maybe the price comes down a bit if both Cleveland and NYG really want to trade out of #1 and #2.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

And just how do you expect to fill some of the gaping holes on this roster at WR, LB and DT in that scenario?  By giving outrageous Malik Jackson-esque contracts to free agents for the next 2 years?

ROLE PLAYERS

like happens all over the league when you have elite QB play

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure says again you. 

So That trade happens and in a 15 year career he leads the team to 6 Superbowls with 2 wins and 2 SB MVPs that is a dumb trade. Ha ha ha

So who's talking for you? Is there an NFL GM in the room with you?

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure 

So if I would give up 

2018 first

2018 first

2018 second

2018 3rd

2019 1st 

2019 2nd 

Too much to give up in a sport where career ending injuries are not unheard of. 

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

You want a guarantee. You're making a guarantee. No one else.

Got it i know the English Language is hard. 

So the ONLY way Browns can Guarantee to get the QB they want is to take him 1st overall. Anything else is a risk and NOT a guarantee. Thanks for playing. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Too much to give up in a sport where career ending injuries are not unheard of. 

How many QBs over the years have ended their career with a career ending INJ???

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Got it i know the English Language is hard. 

So the ONLY way Browns can Guarantee to get the QB they want is to take him 1st overall. Anything else is a risk and NOT a guarantee. Thanks for playing. 

Unless they have a firm idea of what will happen say like they already know if the Giants are talking contract with the RB or the Colts tell them they want the DE. They could have a guarantee on draft night of who will take what and how far they can trade down.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I am begging for someone to convince me that the current Bills roster is just as good, or possibly even better, as the Eagles and Rams rosters were when they moved up for Goff and Wentz, that would justify the Bills making a similar move to #1 or #3 for a QB.

I'll be waiting.

Why should someone have to convince you of that?

There are a lot of ways to build a quality football team.   The primary prerequisites for drafting a QB high are 1) coaches who can develop him and build an appropriate offense around him 2) good enough OL to keep him clean - either in place, or the priority to develop it through draft/FA 3) sufficient quality targets.  4) running game is young QB BFF

Now the Bills have a bunch of ? there - but so did the Eagles.   Pederson/Reich/Defilipo were not seen as all that and a bag of chips prior to this year; some called Pederson the worst hire in the league and questioned whether Reich was ready for an OC shot yet. 

When they drafted Wentz, the Eagles had Agholor (their Zay Jones at the time - disappointing) DeMarco Murray (also disappointing) and Ertz, oh yes and Jordan Matthews.  They acquired Green-Beckham in August after the draft (also disappointing) and Jeffries and Smith this past year along with Blount and Ajayi.  They also lost Lane Johnson to suspension Wentz' rookie season. 

You can't really argue they had this great juggernaut offensive team idling and ready for a QB to take the wheel before Wentz walked in the building.

If you wait to pull the trigger until you think everything else is in place, you wind up like the Bills did in 2013, drafting EJ.  You have to be opportunistic.  As long as you don't get your QB killed behind a crap OL, you can build around him.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1