Brownies willing to trade #1

23 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Why are you against having a franchise QB? The Rams weren't against it when they went all out for Goff

The Rams also had these guys on their roster at the time they made that trade: Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Alec Ogletree, Todd Gurley, Greg Robinson, Rodger Saffold.

So, much like the Eagles, the Rams ALREADY HAD A STRONG ROSTER IN PLACE, meaning that they could afford to make a bold move to go up and take Goff.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

40 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Oddly, the Browns might be the best bet to trade up since they also have #4, so it doesn't hurt them as much to drop to #21 and #22.

They can pick in the top 4, then get two more picks in the 1st plus a bunch of other picks. If that happens they need to change those uniforms to be ready for prime time, because if they hit on a top 4 pick, #21, #22, an extra second and maybe next year's Bills 1st they might be a super team.

Relax. It's still the Browns.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

The Rams also had these guys on their roster at the time they made that trade: Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Alec Ogletree, Todd Gurley, Greg Robinson, Rodger Saffold.

So, much like the Eagles, the Rams ALREADY HAD A STRONG ROSTER IN PLACE, meaning that they could afford to make a bold move to go up and take Goff.

Those guys were awesome and won all the games before Goff got there ?

Lets not draft the top QBs again ?    Let’s defy the odds.  

Maybe we can be big time and get Roger Saffold too. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

This would be easier if there was a Peyton Manning in the draft.  I like all the top QBs but not one seems worth what it would take to move up to Top 4 pick.  

Yup.   Interesting draft in the sense that there is no clear cut #1 or even a clear top 5 for that matter.   It's an interesting time to be a Browns fan, I sure wish the Texans had traded up with us instead of KC, we'd be sitting with #4 and #21 and the perfect draft to get our QB and DT.

51 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Oddly, the Browns might be the best bet to trade up since they also have #4, so it doesn't hurt them as much to drop to #21 and #22.

They can pick in the top 4, then get two more picks in the 1st plus a bunch of other picks. If that happens they need to change those uniforms to be ready for prime time, because if they hit on a top 4 pick, #21, #22, an extra second and maybe next year's Bills 1st they might be a super team.

you do realize, this is the Browns we are talking about, right?

There some rumors out there that they don’t like any of the QBs with the first pick. If they like anyone else, they have the #4 pick, and could easily trade up to #2. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trade back with the Jets. 

I don’t take this as a slight against the QB class until the Browns can prove they can accurate scout talent. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

“There’s a lot of things I can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “My door is wide open if somebody wants to come up and talk to me about a trade, I’m willing to trade. But also I’m going to do what’s best for this organization, and I will do that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/browns-open-to-everything-with-no-1-pick-including-a-trade/

Your title is not congruent with Dorsey's statement.  What Dorsey is saying is if somebody wants to pay "stupid money" then ,yes, we will fleece them.  Unless somebody wants to offer four number 1's and a couple of 2's and maybe a 7th so we can say we screwed somebody out of a year's worth of picks by volume then we will take our guy.  The first sentence in that statement implies Barkley to me.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

How about Carson Wentz in Philly?

I am begging for someone to convince me that the current Bills roster is just as good, or possibly even better, as the Eagles and Rams rosters were when they moved up for Goff and Wentz, that would justify the Bills making a similar move to #1 or #3 for a QB.

I'll be waiting.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There some rumors out there that they don’t like any of the QBs with the first pick. If they like anyone else, they have the #4 pick, and could easily trade up to #2. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trade back with the Jets. 

I don’t take this as a slight against the QB class until the Browns can prove they can accurate scout talent. 

I still think that the Browns take Barkley number 1 overall and maybe maneuver around in the top 5 for their second selection.