If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Same for two reasons: 1) Fitz can operate in an E-P type system.  Bradford's one season in an E-P system was a disaster.  Maybe he's more experienced and could handle it now, but it's just one more unknown 2) Fitz seems tough as old combat boots thus meeting the #1 characteristic for a bridge vet/backup: availability.

Yall kill me with this Fitz stuff.  How soon we forget.  We can count on Fitz blowing it late for a few losses.  He did it for us several times.  He also did it against us when he threw 2 or 3 picks in the 4th quarter at the Ralph ruining the Jets playoff chances.

No thanks to Fitz.  

If you dump your starting QB, you must replace him with someone better.  If no one better is available, sit tight. We're trying to win here.

39 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Except Bradford isn't perfect if you want your got to sit for a year, since there's a good chance his knee won't make it 4 games.

Well, it might.  It might make it 16 games.   Or it might not make it through preseason.    Which sort of defeats the purpose of the whole "bridge QB" concept.

If you feel the need for a bridge QB because you're drafting a rookie then you need a bridge QB who has at least a track record of being available.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Now I actually hope we keep Tyrod just to thin the heard around here with all these “I’m done, if...” victims leave.  

Well, I didn’t actually read all these pages of drivel (except for a few that made me chuckle), but I see I’m late...

Wait....now I’m wondering if this might be Tyrod’s agent playing the long game?  ^_^

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, it might.  It might make it 16 games.   Or it might not make it through preseason.    Which sort of defeats the purpose of the whole "bridge QB" concept.

If you feel the need for a bridge QB because you're drafting a rookie then you need a bridge QB who has at least a track record of being available.

Exactly hap.

I would honestly rather a guy who is subpar but durable as a bridge

Bottom line is, looking at our schedule, we are most likely going to regress next year no matter who is an QB, so I would rather a guy who is going to make it through the season.

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

These posts are hilarious.  We make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and now people are "done" with the franchise because we are keeping our capable starting QB to serve for a year as a bridge QB?

I'm done watching Tyrod, and since he's going to cost $18 mil I don't want him

Plus, do you think he's going to be happy if we keep him, knowing he's just cannon fodder until the next QB is ready?

After MCD benched him?

It's a toxic relationship for both sides right now, even if he might be the best option available for a bridge, I think the relationship is irreparable at this point.

8 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Cant stand another year of garbage QB play from the Bills...and people getting exciting about signing a 30 year old corner is a joke. EJ Gaines is 10x the player. 

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess ...

Edited by ndirish1978

18 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Exactly hap.

I would honestly rather a guy who is subpar but durable as a bridge

Bottom line is, looking at our schedule, we are most likely going to regress next year no matter who is an QB, so I would rather a guy who is going to make it through the season.

....and last year's schedule was the most daunting we've seen in a while..remember?

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

....and last year's schedule was the most daunting we've seen in a while..remember?

Yes, it was, and we played above expectations, and caught a couple of teams at cold times (KC, falcons without Jones, etc) and still needed a miracle collapse by the Ravens to make the playoffs

That most likely won't happen again, especially since this year is even harder on paper.

58 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess ...

Actually in this case it is a gold lining, fools gold lining more specifically, for the poster will come back and bash the Bills same as a number of posters who said same thing last year that they were done with the Bills.

24 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yes, it was, and we played above expectations, and caught a couple of teams at cold times (KC, falcons without Jones, etc) and still needed a miracle collapse by the Ravens to make the playoffs

That most likely won't happen again, especially since this year is even harder on paper.

Falcons lost Jones because he tried to out physical CBs so they put Leonard Johnson on him and Jones lost.