Colts to interview Leslie Frazier for HC

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Wasn't big on Leslie coming into last season but I'd hate replacing both coordinators in the same season. I assume they already fulfilled the Rooney Rule requirement as they had McDoofus hired.

Come on back Leslie!

Yeah they've already interviewed Kris Richard. That said, I'd think Reich be the best choice of whom they've reached out in the next group as he has a history with Luck in Indy, is offensive minded and of course coming off the Super Bowl win. That said am not sold on him myself but to me he's the best "sell the fans" candidate for the team at this point. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Wasn't big on Leslie coming into last season but I'd hate replacing both coordinators in the same season. I assume they already fulfilled the Rooney Rule requirement as they had McDoofus hired.

Come on back Leslie!

....funny/sad thing here was when McD hired Leslie, some of the TBD pundits trashed him as a "glorified DB Coach"......and now that he may leave, there's "luv"......interesting....

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you want to talk about a guy with the same demeanor as Tony Dungy...it would be Frazier.

For all the Folks who did not know Frazier before Buffalo.

He is a very respected high level Coach, by his peers.

Not much flash but steady and effective as a DC.
We should consider him a sincere candidate. Not some Rooney rule malarkey as mentioned. We might lose him.

Now lets talk about replacements.
I do not see him on the team honestly.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

One perspective to look at is from Fraziers. 

Hes obviously not the colts first choice. On top of that he probably isn't their second or third or fourth. If Frazier struggles at all (which he most likely will) I can see them firing him early in his second season. If he finishes 3-13 or below I could see them firing him after one season (kinda like the niners did to chip Kelly). 

Frazier is smart and probably realizes he won't get his first choices on staffing. He also has to change their defense over to a 4-3. He may not have Luck. That colts team also has hardly any talent.  To me, I would refuse the job if I were him. Stay in a stable coaching position and wait for a better opportunity. 

But to to be honest, I'm surprised he's even taking the interview

Always take the interview. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

When was the last time we had a DC last more than two years with us? Perry Fewell? 

Dennis Thurman lasted 2 years.  Not that he was ever really a proper DC.  Rex was calling the defense in 2015 and a combination of the brothers of doom were calling it in 2016.  However, officially Thurman was DC both years.  

More than 2 seasons... it would be Fewell, yes.  

Edited by GunnerBill