Fill 3 spots with FA

18 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

From the way Beane talked earlier this year, it doesn't seem like we'll be looking to make big splashes in FA.

And that makes sense as history has shown that spending big in free agency (Redskins, Dolphins, etc.) doesn't usually result in contending teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Be kinda interesting, from the Carolina school of doing things free agency is like a ghost town.. Now maybe with full control Beane is different. But I expect the usual middle tier to lower tier signings. I think you get some mediocre talent into the lines and depth. 

I fully expect skill positions with youth speed and athleticism to be taken care of in the draft. Can’t see them chasing big money free agents around. 

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

And that makes sense as history has shown that spending big in free agency (Redskins, Dolphins, etc.) doesn't usually result in contending teams.

A somewhat flawed analogy.  The Redskins history consists of Snyder not necessarily looking for the best players, but the biggest names, whether they could still play or not.  Deion Sanders was over the hill (and put Pro Bowler Daryl Green on the bench) Jeff George made a splash (especially when he was brought in to replace a Pro Bowl quarterback, Adam Archuletta couldn't play anymore but enjoyed the big bucks, fat Albert Haynesworth (ugh!), and on and on and on.  Snyder even looked for big name coach splashes, such as Steve Spurrier, who had never coached in the NFL and had great difficulty figuring it out, and Mike Shanahan, who was nothing without Elway as his quarterback.  Spending big in free agency isn't necessarily bad, you simply have to know what you're doing.

EJ Gaines needs to be retaught how to tackle.

He needs to stop hitting hard and just come up and wrap up rugby style. it will prolong his career and make him much more durable. His skill is covering and run stopping but he does not need to lay the wood every time. Just make the stop.

RB - Isaiah Crowell,       Solid RB2 more like a RB1b, great hands, tough runner. 5’11” 225 lbs. 25 yrs old. With Shady turning 30 before the season he provides solid insurance and our running game instantly becomes out strength again, of course build up the OL.

WR Jeff Janis,      great size 6’3” 220, great hand with deceptively fast speed, 4.4 at combine. Great on ST and has shown to be a solid return man. Easily takes over the role from Holmes and return game from Tate. Janis could even battle for the outside role opposite Benjamin with Zay in the slot, at the very least a solid #4 WR. Contract would be decent, definitely less than Chris Hogan received from the Pats (4 yr $12M), I’m think Janis could be had at $2M per.

DT Star Lotulelei,     fills the run stuffing role, still has some game left to warrant a decent contract. Allows Kyle to stay on playing a more reserve role snap count rotational DT, Bills will Draft a DT in round one as well. This will turn a glaring need into a strength up the middle. Star Lotulelei , Kyle Williams , Rookie 1st rounder, and Adolphus Washington.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I suppose “B4 the draft” bothers me more than most people, so that’s on me. I guess we have abandoned the language that....n/m

I'm with you, reading this post took some translation work. I think I got it ????

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

RB - Isaiah Crowell,       Solid RB2 more like a RB1b, great hands, tough runner. 5’11” 225 lbs. 25 yrs old. With Shady turning 30 before the season he provides solid insurance and our running game instantly becomes out strength again, of course build up the OL.

WR Jeff Janis,      great size 6’3” 220, great hand with deceptively fast speed, 4.4 at combine. Great on ST and has shown to be a solid return man. Easily takes over the role from Holmes and return game from Tate. Janis could even battle for the outside role opposite Benjamin with Zay in the slot, at the very least a solid #4 WR. Contract would be decent, definitely less than Chris Hogan received from the Pats (4 yr $12M), I’m think Janis could be had at $2M per.

DT Star Lotulelei,     fills the run stuffing role, still has some game left to warrant a decent contract. Allows Kyle to stay on playing a more reserve role snap count rotational DT, Bills will Draft a DT in round one as well. This will turn a glaring need into a strength up the middle. Star Lotulelei , Kyle Williams , Rookie 1st rounder, and Adolphus Washington.

I would love all three.

And, if we can get them--or something similar, then roll the dice with Sam Bradford. Of all the potential Free Agent QBs, he is the one that can lead you deep into the playoffs--with the required qualifier, if he can stay healthy.

But if he can be had at a reasonable price and we get better in other positions (Like ZayDay suggests), and we can draft a developmental QB, Bradford would be worth the risk.

Maybe its just me ... but I think we fill the defensive holes in the draft sans if we can get Star DT .. get the LB's and OL's and CBs in the draft

Sam Bradford - Fragile .. but competent and maybe cheaper due to injury history

Star L

Paul Richardson

39 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Maybe its just me ... but I think we fill the defensive holes in the draft sans if we can get Star DT .. get the LB's and OL's and CBs in the draft

Sam Bradford - Fragile .. but competent and maybe cheaper due to injury history

Star L

Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson is gonna get a big deal probably close to $10M per. Like close to 5yr $50M, at or Greater than What Woods got.

I dont see Beane doing that.

Moving Glenn to right guard , I get he is expensive but let him put a healthy year and lets avoid the dead money and revisit next year 

GABRIEL Wr  is a great fit 

Avery Williamson. lb .  

R Melvin CB

2 of the three are the second tier types the brought it last year.  There will be a big market for Williamson   imo