LeSean on the Wall?

YoloinOhio

Do you think LeSean McCoy should someday be on the Bills Wall of Fame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Shady on the Wall?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is that a criteria? Is there any? Or is that just your opinion (which is fine, I am just asking)

I do think it will be at least 5 years though 

It was my opinion but I just read his Player's Tribune article and I have reconsidered.  If he puts up another 1k season next year, and plays in 2019 for us, I'm in.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if there is actual criteria to go up on the Wall.. a certain number of years played for the team, or performance level. Mccoy has been the best, most consistent  offensive player the Bills have had since.... I don’t know. Thoughts?

DD said he's gone this off season, so....nope.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

that would be Andy Dalton

What if the Ravens-Bengals game was at 1 and the Bills-Miami game was at 4? Would we still say it was only because of Dalton/Boyd or would we say the Bills were “win and in” at that point and give them full credit? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if there is actual criteria to go up on the Wall.. a certain number of years played for the team, or performance level. Mccoy has been the best, most consistent  offensive player the Bills have had since.... I don’t know. Thoughts?

ehhhh   too soon I think.   

need a 3rd option Yo

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

What if the Ravens-Bengals game was at 1 and the Bills-Miami game was at 4? Would we still say it was only because of Dalton/Boyd or would we say the Bills were “win and in” at that point and give them full credit? 

they were playing against David Fales.  if they didn't win they would be the laughing stock of the league if all eyes were on that game

I'm not voting because my answer isn't "yes" or "no", it's "not yet". 

I think there is a good chance McCoy becomes a captain this year with Wood and possibly Taylor gone, which will help his case. He's really matured and taken on more of a leadership role here. 

Plus, he shows little if any sign of slowing down and seems motivated to get to 12,000 yards. 

Combine that with the fact that he's an elite player and was vital to ending the drought. 

Yeah, I think he will end up on the wall barring trade/cut/serious injury. Okay, scratch what I said. I vote yes. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, regardless of what time, day and planet the game was played on, the Bills made the playoffs on an Andy Dalton miracle.

The Bills be a 4th string QB.

As for McCoy, no, He is and will always be remembered for his days as an Eagle when his time is up. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

One more monster year and yes 

I’m with you. If we are comfortable with Phil Hansen and Jim Richter why wouldn’t Shady be up there? He’s been an elite player in a Bills uniform even if it is for a short period of time. Longevity is important but impact is more important.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

No, regardless of what time, day and planet the game was played on, the Bills made the playoffs on an Andy Dalton miracle.

The Bills be a 4th string QB.

As for McCoy, no, He is and will always be remembered for his days as an Eagle when his time is up. 

The Chargers should not get credit for their win vs the Bills because they started a 5th round rookie on the road? It’s not the Bills fault that Gase played Fales. They beat Cutler two weeks prior. They most likely beat them regardless of QB.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The Chargers should not get credit for their win vs the Bills because they started a 5th round rookie on the road? It’s not the Bills fault that Gase played Fales. They beat Cutler two weeks prior. They most likely beat them regardless of QB.

Sure they won an NFL game, but again, for the Bills to make the playoffs, they DID NOT CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY, They needed help and got a miracle.

I have no idea what this has to do with the original thread title though?

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Sure they won an NFL game, but again, for the Bills to make the playoffs, they DID NOT CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY, They needed help and got a miracle.

I have no idea what this has to do with the original thread title though?

I didn’t bring it up. A poster gave McCoy credit as the biggest reason the Bills ended the drought. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m with you. If we are comfortable with Phil Hansen and Jim Richter why wouldn’t Shady be up there? He’s been an elite player in a Bills uniform even if it is for a short period of time. Longevity is important but impact is more important.

Then....Moorman.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t bring it up. A poster gave McCoy credit as the biggest reason the Bills ended the drought. 

OK, great. They ended the drought, so should Taylor be on the wall?

Jordan Poyer?

Richie Incognito?

Micha Hyde?

They all played as important as a role as McCoy.

Where do you draw the line?

If McCoy goes on the Wall, you also need to put these guys on the wall.

CJ Spiller

Willis McGahee

Travis Henry

All who had more yards as a Bill than McCoy currently has.

Now if McCoy goes on to have another 3 1,000 yard years in buffalo then maybe. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Got us to the playoffs. Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!

This is the same argument as:

The Bills QB's have sucked for so long that Taylor looks good.

Just because the Bills were complete S*** in the past does not mean we need to jump to conclusions.

Time with the Bills organization has to count for something, so I would vote a firm no.  Players don't make the wall simply because they're talented.  While we're at it, should we put T.O. on the wall?  I don't think so.  Being talented doesn't make you a Buffalo Bill any more than wearing a Bills logo hat makes you a member of Bills Mafia.  Living here in Chicago, I know what Bills Mafia looks like and don't even need to ask the question of who is and who is not when I go to my Bills backer bar to watch the games.  McCoy is probably the most talented offensive player on the team, but wall worthy, right now, he is not.

At this rate, the new stadium will need to be 6 miles in circumference to add all the names people want on that !@#$ing wall.

Don't water it down (any more than it already is), I say!

EDIT:  I'm a firm "no," on McCoy.  I will also point out that McCoy has done more as a Bill than Cookie Gilchrest did in the same amount of time.

Three years as a Bill should get NO ONE on the Wall.

Edited by Gugny

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

At this rate, the new stadium will need to be 6 miles in circumference to add all the names people want on that !@#$ing wall.

Don't water it down (any more than it already is), I say!

EDIT:  I'm a firm "no," on McCoy.  I will also point out that McCoy has done more as a Bill than Cookie Gilchrest did in the same amount of time.

Three years as a Bill should get NO ONE on the Wall.

So, I guess you voted NO to Orton on the wall?     :D

(yes I am trolling the people who voted yes for Orton) 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

OK, great. They ended the drought, so should Taylor be on the wall?

Jordan Poyer?

Richie Incognito?

Micha Hyde?

They all played as important as a role as McCoy.

Where do you draw the line?

If McCoy goes on the Wall, you also need to put these guys on the wall.

CJ Spiller

Willis McGahee

Travis Henry

All who had more yards as a Bill than McCoy currently has.

Now if McCoy goes on to have another 3 1,000 yard years in buffalo then maybe. 

This is the same argument as:

The Bills QB's have sucked for so long that Taylor looks good.

Just because the Bills were complete S*** in the past does not mean we need to jump to conclusions.

Next to our secondary, Shady was the Bills only other elite performer this year. The only one on offense.