LeSean on the Wall?

YoloinOhio

Do you think LeSean McCoy should someday be on the Bills Wall of Fame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Shady on the Wall?

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

McCoy has yet to have a "WOW" type of season in his 3 years with us. I don't believe there is any official criteria for making the WOF but I think he needs at least another two solid seasons of production with us like he has had in his first three. 

Leading the NFL in YPC in 2016 isn't a wow season ?

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not when he doesn't even total 1300 rushing yards. A wow season was his 2013 season when he went over 2100 yards from scrimmage.

By that standard he has pretty much1 wow season...

because it was easily his 3rd best season ever and not far off from his 2nd best

He is a HoF and we got his 3rd best season ever. I'd say that's wow enough 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What did Richter do to wow you? What about Hansen?

I'm not getting in a debate about Ritcher or Hansen. We are talking about McCoy here. McCoy has been a Bill for 3 years. No way that is anywhere near long enough for the WOF, IMO. The other guys were Bills for some 25 combined seasons. McCoy needs a WOW season or he needs to at least stick around two more years at minimum if not three more.

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not when he doesn't even total 1300 rushing yards. A wow season was his 2013 season when he went over 2100 yards from scrimmage.

He did have 1,586 scrimmage yards this year and 1,623 scrimmage yards last year. Not as wow, but still wow imho. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm not getting in a debate about Ritcher or Hansen. We are talking about McCoy here. McCoy has been a Bill for 3 years. No way that is anywhere near long enough for the WOF, IMO. The other guys were Bills for some 25 combined seasons. McCoy needs a WOW season or he needs to at least stick around two more years at minimum if not three more.

Agree. I don't think he would go on the Wall as is. Needs 2-3 more years of sustained production. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

By that standard he has pretty much1 wow season...

because it was easily his 3rd best season ever and not far off from his 2nd best

He is a HoF and we got his 3rd best season ever. I'd say that's wow enough 

I agree he is a future HOFer but disagree with the thinking he had a WOW season for us. It is possible for HOF RB's to only have one WOW type season and make the HOF. Look at Frank Gore's stats. Another future HOFer. 

Some players get in on having many wow type seasons in a short career while other get in on longevity and consistency. The latter has been more of McCoy's route to the HOF.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I agree he is a future HOFer but disagree with the thinking he had a WOW season for us. It is possible for HOF RB's to only have one WOW type season and make the HOF. Look at Frank Gore's stats. Another future HOFer. 

Some players get in on having many wow type seasons in a short career while other get in on longevity and consistency. The latter has been more of McCoy's route to the HOF.

You act like there are a lot of schlubbs in the HoF at RB

there are only like 26 or 27 modern backs in... Terrell Davis is like the only disputed guy with a really short career

McCoy is a better RB than Frank Gore

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You act like there are a lot of schlubbs in the HoF at RB

there are only like 26 or 27 modern backs in... Terrell Davis is like the only disputed guy

Jermore Bettis??

That guy has zero business being in the HOF. He got in on longevity. Problem is he was pretty much well below average his entire long career. Gore on the other hand has been above average over a long career. If you get in on longevity you need to at least be above average which both McCoy and Gore have been.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if there is actual criteria to go up on the Wall.. a certain number of years played for the team, or performance level. Mccoy has been the best, most consistent  offensive player the Bills have had since.... I don’t know. Thoughts?

he has shown the heart i did not think he had.
But not on the wall.
ask me next season though. still learning to love the guy. But he Is the Offense, and every team knows it. still he gets yards. and makes D players look slow.
Go Shady !

Go Bills !

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think he belongs too. Kyle and Fred would be the other 2 that I would have from the drought. 

agreed.

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jermore Bettis??

That guy has zero business being in the HOF. He got in on longevity. Problem is he was pretty much well below average his entire long career. Gore on the other hand has been above average over a long career. If you get in on longevity you need to at least be above average which both McCoy and Gore have been.

You can make a case for Bettis... so that's 2 modern guys

Lesean has led the league in rushing, YPC, and rushing touchdowns iirc

Gore and Bettis haven't done that

McCoy is not above average. He is elite. 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

:lol:

missed this fist pass over.

excellent

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Well then its settled.

Let's go find the most liked Bills players and get them on the wall.

Mike Jasper is my vote, I like that guy, he was awesome, he tried so hard, I don't care what kind of career he had.

Kyle Orton, That gun slinging whiskey drinking SOB, He was awesome, put him up.

Sam Adams, on the wall!

Takeo Spikes On the wall!

London Fletcher on the wall!

you seem a bit insincere ?
 perhaps it is just me though

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

McCoy is a better RB than Frank Gore

The two have been nearly identical through the first 9 years of their careers, especially with regards to total rushing yards and yards per rush average.

Pro-Football-Reference

McCoy holds a 10 total TD advantage and about 700 yard advantage in Total Scrimmage Yards. 

McCoy will need to continue to have a strong end to his career into his 30's to keep up with Gore though. Their numbers are close enough that if McCoy is elite than that pretty much puts Gore on the doorsteps of elite as well.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The two have been nearly identical through the first 9 years of their careers, especially with regards to total rushing yards and yards per rush average.

Pro-Football-Reference

McCoy holds a 10 total TD advantage and about 700 yard advantage in Total Scrimmage Yards. 

McCoy will need to continue to have a strong end to his career into his 30's to keep up with Gore though. Their numbers are close enough that if McCoy is elite than that pretty much puts Gore on the doorsteps of elite as well.

Gore is certainly no slouch and was elite at 1 point 

He is certainly admirable 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting. Well I think that says a lot towards the LeSean/Only 3 years argument.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/history/wall-of-fame.html

Quick skim ... I saw one player who had 5 years; everyone else had more.  Must not be an updated list because Cookie isn't on it.

EDIT:

Better list - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills#Buffalo_Bills_Wall_of_Fame

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting. Well I think that says a lot towards the LeSean/Only 3 years argument.

Personally, I think it says that Cookie shouldn't be on the Wall.

Edited by Gugny

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Different time and era. Cookie lead the 8 team AFL in rushing yards and rushing TDs in two out of those three seasons. McCoy has not lead the league in any statistical category in his three seasons with Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/history/wall-of-fame.html

Quick skim ... I saw one player who had 5 years; everyone else had more.  Must not be an updated list because Cookie isn't on it.

Yeah, I do think it would help if Shady had a couple more years too. But was surprised to hear Gilchrist was only here for 3 years. Especially the way my dad and the rest of the old guys talk about him. I always thought he was had more of a Thurman career here. 3 years isnt much for Gilchrist's legend.

Shady has basically been our offense for the last 4 years. He is the teams MVP and a huge factor in how they made the playoffs this year and led the league in rushing the last two years. At his age he still hasn't seemed to lose a step and often plays injured. I am all for him being on the wall probably the most talented player we have had since the Superbowl Years.

7 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Noooooooooooo.

4 years ain't enough. Longevity and all that.

Shirley you jest!

we just put Gilchriest on the Wall with less time and yardage. He was also a butthead who Saban kicked off the team. Cookie sets the new low standard for Wall candidates. 

So yes, Shady is Wall worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Shady has basically been our offense for the last 4 years. He is the teams MVP and a huge factor in how they made the playoffs this year and led the league in rushing the last two years. 

Actually Shady is 4th in rushing yards over the 2016-2017 seasons. Elliot and Bell are 1 and 2 despite the multiple game suspensions each has served and Jordan Howard is 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

IMO the player needs to be drafted by the Bills and play at least 75% of his career here.

There are Wall members who were not drafted by the Bills. Kemp and Tasker, for example. 

I'm not sure how many players nowadays play 75% of their career with one team. Very few would be my guess. 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

There are Wall members who were not drafted by the Bills. Kemp and Tasker, for example. 

I'm not sure how many players nowadays play 75% of their career with one team. Very few would be my guess. 

Probably the majority of HOFers but a Wall of Fame is several halls down from the HOF. McCoy has to play 3 more seasons here just to match his time played in Philly. 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It needs to be considered though because it has shifted the goal posts for the WOF. If the WOF just had a few players that went to the HOF and played exclusively for he Bills I’d agree. The barrier of entry though has been lowered by the inclusion of guys like that. It changes the conversation. 

Robert James is probably a fair comparison. He had 5 years in a Bills uniform and was a Pro Bowler in 3 of them. He’s up there. 

When asking the question the candidacy of those up there is absolutely relevant. Now if you don’t think he belongs in that’s fine but the guys on the Wall matter.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

the Bills last 10 QB's before Taylor all sucked worse than him, which makes Taylor good correct?

That’s not relevant to the conversation. He isn’t on the WOF. The question is “does Shady belong on the Wall?” When asking that he is, and should be, compared to those on there. Robert James is a good example of a guy that was here for a brief stint and played well. Richter and Hansen are guys that were never as good as Shady but were here for a while.

The point is that these guys aren’t judged in a bubble. It’s the same conversation as “should _____ go into the HOF.” The resume is instantly compared to other members of the Hall.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Unsung heroes don’t go on the WOF!! They were both “solid” NFL players. Those guys don’t deserve to be immortalized. You have to do extraordinary things to earn that honor. Being a quality player on a good team isn’t criteria to be honored forever.

I guess they will have to live on the wall of fame in my memories.