Predict which team will sign Kirk Cousins (Poll)

YoloinOhio

Who will sign Cousins?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins will sign with...

I agree with the Jax or Denver prognosticators. 

If money was the sole motivating factor Cleveland or the Jets would be my answer, but I have to believe Cousins wants to win, and win soon. Until they prove they are not hot messes (and I am sure there are whispers amongst players that we never hear stating who is on the rise, who is on the decline so maybe they are not as bad as they appear to me), I just do not see either of those places as a landing spot. I could be 100% wrong, but if winning is a choice-factor, I do not think I am.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree with the Jax or Denver prognosticators. 

If money was the sole motivating factor Cleveland or the Jets would be my answer, but I have to believe Cousins wants to win, and win soon. Until they prove they are not hot messes (and I am sure there are whispers amongst players that we never hear stating who is on the rise, who is on the decline so maybe they are not as bad as they appear to me), I just do not see either of those places as a landing spot. I could be 100% wrong, but if winning is a choice-factor, I do not think I am.

We made the playoffs and would have beat Jax if we had a QB that didn't keep overthrowing receivers.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this $29 million include Tyrod's and Glenn's contract.  So if we do let both of them go via trade of release...that cap space goes up?

Keep in mind we also have new dead money with respect to EW's retirement.  W lose a good center, but I believe we only gain 3 million.

...not sure Cous would love us losing Glenn, regardless of what we think of him going forward.

EDIT: sorry, but to answer your question, yes, it does include TT and Glenn's contracts as they are under contract.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This has a lot to do with why I picked Cleveland:

Really could be any of the top 5 but Denver is the easiest sell.  Great franchise, great city, recent success, Elway not afraid to make a big move.

From a talent standpoint: 1. Jags 2. Broncos 3. Bills

I think this is the most likely order:

1. Broncos 2. Jets 3. Bills 

The only real downfall with the Broncos is their O-line is bad.... very bad... So if Cousins hated the Redskins O-line issues last year that may deter him from going to Denver

2 hours ago, njodogg said:

Jacksonville, Is the logical place to go from Cousins standpoint. Great Defense, Playoff team, No Income Tax. Issue would be cap space and I believe they said they are going to stick with Bortles. I don't see the Jets happening with two Playoff teams already in the division. but who knows!

I agree with most of this post.  However, the income tax is paid where you play the games.  So no income tax for home games, but away games you'll still get hit.  

I think Denver or the Jets due to Elway and the coaching connection in NJ.  

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Vikings would be a good spot, but Keenum would be half the price and similar production.

Maybe.  Or maybe not. 

I think Keenum and his agents just looked at the contract the Redskins gave Smith and licked their chops. 

He passed for fewer yards and threw fewer TDs than Smith this year, but he can also claim props for a pretty clutch playoff performance.

They might get Keenum for 2/3 or 3/4 Cousins price, but they're getting a guy with 1/4 the track record of good years that Cousins has, and a lower "good year" bar.  And it's not like Keenum is younger.

4 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Cleveland backs up the brinks truck and drafts Barkley.

Cleveland leaves the Brinks truck parked at Brinks and drafts a top QB AND Barkley.

I caught this article today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-the-top-6-destinations-for-cousins-after-redskins-landed-smith/ar-BBIuDka?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp#page=2

I find it funny. Buffalo has $29.4 million in cap space and apparently outside of a 29 year old McCoy they have nothing on offense. Clay & Benjamin don't count I guess. Yet Jackassville with $16 million and Denvelway with $29 million are both better options? 

Sorry, but watching the playoffs this year, had the Bills had a QB like Cousins they would have beaten Jackassville and I do believe they could have given NE a good run for their money. 

If the Bills can use their draft picks to fill the OL and DL and they have a solid QB they will be a true contender. Denver has some serious problems and Jacksonville just doesn't have the cap space. If he's chasing the money then the Browns or Jets would be the best option. If he's looking for a team he can make a playoff run with then Buffalo is as good a team as any.