Eric Wood has career-ending neck injury; will retire

YoloinOhio

Just now, Limeaid said:

I look for news in offseason but not this type of news; sometimes during offseason news is only bad.

I respectfully disagree...as Eric added another child to his family after the season.

I'm going to miss him, but I hope in enjoys the hell out of the rest of his life.

Man that really sucks...Wood was a quality person first and foremost and a good football player secondarily.

He will be missed on the OLine but at least for the Bills it was getting time to make a move there within the next year or two...this just hastened it a little bit. Groy played very well there in his absence 2 years ago, Bills would be wise to give him a look

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bills’ center Eric Wood’s career-ending neck injury is partly due to wear and tear, but one source characterized it as a “complicated medical situation.”

For fans of wrestling, this sounds like Adam "Edge" Copeland's situation...wear & tear in combination with a genetic degenerative neck condition...

Ugh, sucks for Eric as he was a total team player.  Glad he got to taste the playoffs before it was over.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Providing he is ok...new co-host for the John Murphy show?

Would be really good imo but not sure he would want to live in Buffalo year-round if he wasn’t playing. He does own a home there but lives in Louisville in the offseason, Family is in Cincy. 

16 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea I was wondering if they discovered something in his post season medical evaluation.

This is probably the likeliest scenario. That's how Zay Jones's labrum injury was found. 

Bummer for Wood, man. Team leader and an all around good dude. My cousin did PR with the Bills during Wood's rookie year and said Wood would always take people out to dinner after an appearance or event. Said he is just a really easygoing guy with no ego at all.