Eric Wood has career-ending neck injury; will retire

YoloinOhio

Eric Wood was always a great guy for Buffalo and played his heart out despite a couple of season-ending injuries in years past. The irony is that he played 100% of the Bills C snaps this year, only to have this....I sincerely wish him and his family a very long life of health, peace, and contentment. 

As for Wood the player, he was a very likable guy, and you rooted for him ever since he put on the Red White and Blue uniform....but, I also think the Bills could use an upgrade at Center, now is not the time to think about that...I'm merely saying there is the human side (see above) and the football side. Humanity overrules anything else, but planning for next year is a relevant topic given the sad news. 

Report say he suffered career ending neck injury.

That headline implies an acute traumatic event. Not a degenerative medical situation just discovered. Then the body of the news describes it as a complicated condition. Does not mesh.

Hard to believe media would treat a situation like this with a click bait headline.

So I wonder if he was skiing or surfing or something and suffered an injury. I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery and able to enjoy retirement from NFL with all his mobility working.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Report say he suffered career ending neck injury.

That headline implies an acute traumatic event. Not a degenerative medical situation just discovered. Then the body of the news describes it as a complicated condition. Does not mesh.

Hard to believe media would treat a situation like this with a click bait headline.

So I wonder if he was skiing or surfing or something and suffered an injury.

Tim Graham says there was no traumatic injury.  Cumulative.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

this is inaccurate.  highly inaccurate.

I agree, he was a good player, but not even close to a wall guy.

My heart breaks for him. Just makes you wonder if he was gutting out something this season.

Thanks for everything, Eric. You were a bright spot through many lean years. I’m glad you were therebwhen the drought ended.

• Like (+1) 2