Donald Jones to exit 'John Murphy Show'

ricojes

Donald just confirmed on air he is leaving in 2 months to spend more time with his family in NJ and grandparents who are ill. Said he will still be in the Bill's organization.

I would like to see Murph also step down and give the show to Sal. C or one of the upcoming talents at WGR who could be more objective.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Donald just confirmed on air he is leaving in 2 months to spend more time with his family in NJ and grandparents who are ill. Said he will still be in the Bill's organization.

I would like to see Murph also step down and give the show to Sal. C or one of the upcoming talents at WGR.

No way Murph would ever step down. He'll do that show until his heart explodes 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, YoloinOhio said:

They actually argue a ton. I don’t listen a lot either but when I do I think they hate each other.

I think Jones usually disagreed with Murph but didn't want to make him mad. Murphy doesn't seem like the most open-minded person in the world.

Sal isn't bad, but he's on the station all day long. I liked it when Chris Brown hosted the show a few times. Even as a company guy, he seems more on the level of most fans. Not ridiculously optimistic like John is. I wish John would step down. I only listen to his show during training camp, or days when big news happens.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, YoloinOhio said:

They actually argue a ton. I don’t listen a lot either but when I do I think they hate each other.

This was my impression too. Jones didn't really tow the company line as blindly and faithfully as Murphy does so they occasionally bickered.

My favorite was when Jones though Peterman should replace Taylor as the starter (before McDermott actually announced it) and Murphy didn't. Murphy said something like "Do you honestly think that Peterman can do what Taylor does on the field?" and Jones responded "Do I think that he can throw for 165 yards in a game? Yes." lol. It was pretty funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

No way he wants a 3 hour daily talk show committement for 75k/year or whatever those guys make. 

Jones was mediocre and wont be a huge loss. Often would just agree with each other. I like Ruben. 

I doubt it's that much to be honest.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:19 PM, wagon127 said:

Sal isn't bad, but he's on the station all day long. I liked it when Chris Brown hosted the show a few times. Even as a company guy, he seems more on the level of most fans. Not ridiculously optimistic like John is. I wish John would step down. I only listen to his show during training camp, or days when big news happens.

Murph is the worst...every time someone fills in for him, his show is instantly better imo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I would like to see Murph also step down and give the show to Sal. C or one of the upcoming talents at WGR who could be more objective.

I've always liked Sal but he just didn't have a good year with his takes, IMO.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

This was my impression too. Jones didn't really tow the company line as blindly and faithfully as Murphy does so they occasionally bickered.

My favorite was when Jones though Peterman should replace Taylor as the starter (before McDermott actually announced it) and Murphy didn't. Murphy said something like "Do you honestly think that Peterman can do what Taylor does on the field?" and Jones responded "Do I think that he can throw for 165 yards in a game? Yes." lol. It was pretty funny.

Jones died on Peterman hill too.

It's hard to recover from those takes...........there's just no room for excuse.

McD was wise to separate himself from Dennison and gain some deniability.

Switching out ANY QB for a guy who then puts up the worst half of QB'ing in modern NFL history is a memorably bad look.

Not a big fan of Murphy but he's the radio voice and not going anywhere so hopefully they get a better co-host/analyst to work with him...........Peter King shouldn't be the guy to have to tell your hometown radio guys that it's going to be a bloodbath.......but that was the case with Peterman.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

• 1 month later...

Tasker says some strange things sometimes. Things that aren't true. He doesn't seem to have knowledge of the NFL in general or even the Bills. But I like him alright.

Murphy has gotten weirdly bitter this year and seems to have thin skin.

Donald Jones was a train wreck from day one. Every single time he started talking he would repeat word for word what John just said. Later on he started forming his own opinions, but you could always tell he knew nothing about the Bills or the NFL because he didn't do his homework.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tasker says some strange things sometimes. Things that aren't true. He doesn't seem to have knowledge of the NFL in general or even the Bills. But I like him alright.

Murphy has gotten weirdly bitter this year and seems to have thin skin.

Donald Jones was a train wreck from day one. Every single time he started talking he would repeat word for word what John just said. Later on he started forming his own opinions, but you could always tell he knew nothing about the Bills or the NFL because he didn't do his homework.

There is zero knowledge of the NFL or draft between Murphy and Tasker. It's embarrassing. I'm sure Tasker is getting paid a big deal as well. Could have done much better. Very disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1