Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The time has arrived for another addition to ignore. Bon voyage. 

You must be kidding is trolling? Snowflake!

So, I generally like some of your copy and pasting from the web on Bills related info as it saves me some time. So for that thanks.

You as a poster though I really cannot stand. Please place me on ignore list or do me a favor and not reply.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

So, I generally like some of you copy and pasting from the web on Bills related info as it saves me some time. So for that thanks.

You as a poster though I really cannot stand. Please place me on ignore list.

You don't matter enough one way or the other. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The time has arrived for another addition to ignore. Bon voyage. 

Aka, I’m mad, I’m wrong, I’m cornered I have no other options ????

Rip 26corner better than thou routine and freezing cold takes.    

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

They will make a good case or a number 1. A team with two number ones?

He's not that old and has some pretty impressive numbers, especially if he has shaken his INT tendency. He's a huge upgrade over TT.

True.

Another reason (other than cap) Philly might trade is they have a 1st, No 2nd and 3rd's, only a bunch of 4's.

I just want Beane and McD to look at ALL possibilities this offseason.

This could be another.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

So, I generally like some of your copy and pasting from the web on Bills related info as it saves me some time. So for that thanks.

You as a poster though I really cannot stand. Please place me on ignore list or do me a favor and not reply.

He is probably the least pleasant person on this website.  Thinking Ctrl C, Ctrl V 10 times a day for years makes you special will do that to a person.  Someone should write a case report.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jmc12290 said:

He is probably the least pleasant person on this website.  Thinking Ctrl C, Ctrl V 10 times a day for years makes you special will do that to a person.  Someone should write a case report.

Agreed JMC.

I have seen him do this crap way to many times now since joining the forum to multiple members and fans of this team. If you have a different opinion from him on a Bills forum he straight lashes out with name calling BS. I don't come here to deal with baby crap. Just want good discussion with my fellow fans.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Agreed JMC.

I have seen him do this crap way to many times now since joining the forum to multiple members and fans of this team. If you have a different opinion from him on a Bills forum he straight lashes out with name calling BS. I don't come here to deal with baby crap. Just want good discussion with my fellow fans.

Complete crap.  I would have sure as hell received lots of warning points if that were the case. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

38 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ha! I’m sneaky like that. 

Im not even sure our pick will be better, but we have to take a shot. Find a guy and go get him- however is needed. Hopefully what appears to be a more stable franchise will help be a better foundation for whoever that pick is.... but we need to go hard for someone the coaches/scouts think have a shot 

Yes. Completely agree.

And I legitimately think all our draft pick acquisitions going back to the trade with KC last year to unloading Watkins and Darby have all been with the intent of getting whoever McDermott feels is "his guy" this year.

Darnold is the guy the Bills have been linked to but I think our only path to getting him is trading up with Cleveland at 4, at best.

Darnold, Mayfield and Rudolph are the 3 I'd like, even though Mayfield may not be a McDermott guy... unless he's really confident he can mold all of his attitude and competitiveness the right way.

Allen scares the hell out of me... reminds me of an EJ 2.0 type prospect.

I just think Jackson is too similar to Taylor for us to draft him... or I could be wrong and that could be exactly why we draft him.

I don't even think Rosen is on our radar... though that's nothing more than a feeling. I think I'd be most excited if we traded up to acquire Darnold because despite having to give up draft picks, it would show serious confidence that Darnold is "the guy."

If we don't do that, I think we take Rudolph.

I'd be happy with either. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes. Completely agree.

And I legitimately think all our draft pick acquisitions going back to the trade with KC last year to unloading Watkins and Darby have all been with the intent of getting whoever McDermott feels is "his guy" this year.

Darnold is the guy the Bills have been linked to but I think our only path to getting him is trading up with Cleveland at 4, at best.

Darnold, Mayfield and Rudolph are the 3 I'd like, even though Mayfield may not be a McDermott guy... unless he's really confident he can mold all of his attitude and competitiveness the right way.

Allen scares the hell out of me... reminds me of an EJ 2.0 type prospect.

I just think Jackson is too similar to Taylor for us to draft him... or I could be wrong and that could be exactly why we draft him.

I don't even think Rosen is on our radar... though that's nothing more than a feeling. I think I'd be most excited if we traded up to acquire Darnold because despite having to give up draft picks, it would show serious confidence that Darnold is "the guy."

If we don't do that, I think we take Rudolph.

I'd be happy with either. 

Dilly Dilly Trans :) We are finally aligned on QB's to hunt.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Last week it was Keenum everyone was going ape **** over. Now another journeyman in Foles is the Bills' fan flavor of the week.  :doh:

2w3dmyx.jpg

I was just about to say the same, last week it was all about how Keenum is the guy, gotta get him.....

Now Foles will be the flavour of the offseason?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I was just about to say the same, last week it was all about how Keenum is the guy, gotta get him.....

Keenum, Foles, Bortles.     Pretty much any QB that isn’t scared to throw passes will serve as a better bridge than what’s on the roster 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, jr1 said:

he was 4-7 in 2015

DC Tom has his trademark.  Maybe this should be mine - "Wins and losses are not a QB stat".

The 2015 St Louis Rams were a hot mess.  Schottenheimer fled to the college ranks after 2 years of expecting his QB to be Sam Bradford and winding up with Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, and Shaun Hill.  Fisher hired his QB coach to replace Schott.  It wasn't a happy choice, and he was fired and replaced (with Boras, who is now coaching TE for us) mid- season.

Fisher was coaching for his life with the Rams.  Foles got brought into a chaotic situation with a new NFL OC who had a learning curve, didn't have a lot of talent around him at WR and TE.  He didn't play well.  He was benched for Case Keenum, who didn't do much better.

Bottom line, I give Foles a mulligan on that year.  In the games he played for KC, he did well, but KC felt they needed to try for an upgrade in the draft.

It must have been sweet, sweet redemption for Foles to outplay Keenum, the QB for whom he was benched, so soundly today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

No he won't. BECAUSE HE'S NOT A FREE AGENT.  I noted that in my initial post. This isn't a "we should sign Nick Foles" thread. It's not a "Nick Foles may be more Rich Gannon than Jeff Hostetler" thread. It's a "why didn't we sign the at-least-as-good (probably better)-than-Tyrod guy" given that he came cheaper and he would clearly have been a better fit in the Dennison scheme. As for next year: there's a very good chance Wentz won't be ready to go at the start of the season, or certainly in the preseason. Foles isn't going anywhere. We missed our chance on that one. 

EDIT: By the way, who are Bills fans to disparage Jeff Hostetler? For those who think QB W-L record does mean something, he went 51-32 as a starter.  I seem to remember him winning a Super Bowl, which may have been mostly a really good defense and a little luck, but then he went on to play reasonably well for the Giants, and better than reasonably well for the Raiders. Tyrod Taylor has a lot of work to do before people will be able to say "he was a Jeff Hostetler type." The way things have gone at QB for this franchise over the last couple decades, we should be thrilled to have the chance to get a Jeff Hostler of the New Millennium.

There. Done.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Thank you (+1) 2

How do the Eagles have Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles on their roster and a bunch of other studs at every position.

and we have Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman and a bunch of stiffs at every position ????

Somebody put Doug Whaley on conference call please.......................

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

He's playing well so far tonight.  Blind squirrels find acorns on occasion.

We need to find a squirrel like that.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hey, we're desperate.

55 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Foles beats Brady in the Super Bowl do we offer up the farm for Wentz?

If that happens,offer the farm for Foles.

49 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

How do the Eagles have Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles on their roster and a bunch of other studs at every position.

and we have Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman and a bunch of stiffs at every position ????

Somebody put Doug Whaley on conference call please.......................

Doug's gone. Time to find a new whipping boy.

Doug's guys were still in the playoffs today on other teams. Gilmore, Hogan, Mr Big Stuff, Darby, Nigel ...

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Last week it was Keenum everyone was going ape **** over. Now another journeyman in Foles is the Bills' fan flavor of the week.  :doh:

2w3dmyx.jpg

He has two 2000 yard half-seasons. No one is going ape but when the realistic names include Smith and Bradford, I’ll happily add the guy with a 7 TD game to the possibles list. 

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Foles beats Brady in the Super Bowl do we offer up the farm for Wentz?

Wentz is better than Foles. Doesn’t matter who wins the SB. Eagles aren’t giving up Wentz. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

30 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

He has two 2000 yard half-seasons. No one is going ape but when the realistic names include Smith and Bradford, I’ll happily add the guy with a 7 TD game to the possibles list. 

Wentz is better than Foles. Doesn’t matter who wins the SB. Eagles aren’t giving up Wentz. 

Yards huh? He played mediocre QB in those two half seasons and he'll occasionally have a game where he plays out of his mind.   Aim higher. 

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

5 years, $27.5 million with certain incentives and "escalators" that could add another $11 million.  So if he performs well, the top end is 38.5 million. And if he performs poorly, it is essentially voidable by the Eagles after 2 years.

Tyrod: 2 years, $30.5 million.

And he is obviously a better fit for the Dennison offense than Tyrod was. For those of you who'd say, "where we you when he was a free agent" - I was right here, suggesting that Foles was far and away the best "bridge" QB free agent out there ....

Unfortunately nobody in the organization has a crystal ball. This is why we didn’t make a play for nick foles....

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think this website is replete with posts where I was always a big fan of Nick Foles. I’ve always been in favor of signing him. In fact, I was the first TBD member to publicly call for his signing. I am brilliant. 

The organization is stupid for not bringing in nick foles. I’ve been saying it since he was in college. Look at me

• Like (+1) 1

No matter how you slice it and dice it, the decision from the Eagles to bring back Foles was one of the best off season moves they made.  He's been very good since taking over for Wentz and without him they most likely wouldn't go to the Super Bowl.   Aside from his terrible stint with the Rams he's been pretty good and he has shown some flashes of being better than that.   

Another point that I think is important, I think this speaks very well of Doug Pederson and Frank Reich.  Look at how successful their QB's have been.  Wentz played at a probowl level and he goes out and then Foles steps in and plays at nearly the same level.    Great job those guys have done with their offense.