Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

@PFF_NateJahnke

Nick Foles deep passing this season before today: 2 for 15, 52 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 13.8 rating. Nick Foles deep passing today: 3 for 5, 130 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 143.8 rating

:beer:

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wentz was playing at an MVP level. Foles is doing that thing that fleeced the Rams....a good game likely followed by "meh."

If Foles gets dinged for putting up college type numbers because he played for Chip Kelly, surely he gets a pass for putting up Jared Goff 2016 type numbers playing for Jeff Fisher, right?  

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

5 years, $27.5 million with certain incentives and "escalators" that could add another $11 million.  So if he performs well, the top end is 38.5 million. And if he performs poorly, it is essentially voidable by the Eagles after 2 years.

Tyrod: 2 years, $30.5 million.

And he is obviously a better fit for the Dennison offense than Tyrod was. For those of you who'd say, "where we you when he was a free agent" - I was right here, suggesting that Foles was far and away the best "bridge" QB free agent out there ....

At the point where he was a FA, the Rams had traded for him, he looked like crap, and they benched him for Keenum

The Rams drafted Goff and stayed with Keenum, Foles went off to be a backup in KC, and people figured he'd had his shot and busted

I would have liked him myself, but I wasn't expecting him to play like this.  He's playing out of his mind right now.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wentz was playing at an MVP level. Foles is doing that thing that fleeced the Rams....a good game likely followed by "meh."

I was more on the thought he just tear the Pats for like 400 yds and 4td type MVP SB game. 

I think that would be tough for any FO. I'm sure teams will be ringing either way coughing up picks for Foles if that happened.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a ridiculous hypothetical. 

Don't you have some articles to copy and paste from the web?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I was more on the thought he just tear the Pats for like 400 yds and 4td type MVP SB game. 

I think that would be tough for any FO. I'm sure teams will be ringing either way coughing up picks for Foles if that happened.

Weak comeback for your dumbassed idea.  

Ouch.

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If Foles goes on and wins a SB and say he is the MVP.  Do the Eagles start Foles or Wentz next year? 

I friggin wish we could have a problem like this.

Wentz is the best QB in the game.      Foles has zero shot.     He could replace our bridge with ease though 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If Foles goes on and wins a SB and say he is the MVP.  Do the Eagles start Foles or Wentz next year? 

I friggin wish we could have a problem like this.

I know, right?  The Iggles have a Midas QB touch going on, even where they "overspend" in trades and drafts.  

They trade away Foles for Bradford, and wind up starting Foles in the NFC Championship, you can't make this stuff up

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Weak comeback for your dumbassed idea.  

It's a thought or question for discussion on a forum in a thread about Foles.  Sorry it's not some news article fact for you to paste. Go troll someone else please.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

Thank you for posting that video.   I have had horrible day compounded by a Patriots**** win "only" with help of the officials.

Had never seen that before and was literally rotflmao.  Funniest thing I have seen in a long time.   (Sadly it's all accurate and true) 

Thank you for brightening my day!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Not an idea.  It's a thought or question for discussion on a forum.  Sorry it's not some news article fact for you to paste. Go troll someone else please.

No one is trolling you. It's a silly thought. Take the L and move on.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I must admit I don't know too much about Foles.

I was surprised to see that taking out his rookie season he has a 21-12 win-loss record even with that crummy Rams year.

Def the NFC championship game MVP thus far today. Now I just hope he can do the same or better in the SB to take down the PATs.

Screenshot 2018-01-21 at 8.53.42 PM.png

• Like (+1) 1

Def the NFC championship game MVP thus far today. Now I just hope he can do the same or better in the SB to take down the PATs.

Screenshot 2018-01-21 at 8.53.42 PM.png

Take down that Pat's.............................I hope.

I have read someplace where you do not want a 300 yard + QB because..............

Woops another TD!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Foles plays like this against Pats, would you trade one of our 1st rounders for him?

Good question. I'm not sure what the Eagles will get but sure teams will be calling to trade for him. When Reid brought him to KC I thought FOles was going to take Ales Smiths place in all honesty. 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Foles is going to get the over on yards, and win, I think 

You and jmc both keep bringing up that bet.

Why?

You mad that I won both of those light-hearted fun bets?

Or are you mad that despite the fact that you and your ilk were shouting from the mountaintop for a couple years that there was no way we'd make the playoffs with Taylor under center?

I wonder if us making the playoffs was bittersweet for you since one of your foundational beliefs was proven wrong.

Or does your bitterness go back to when I said there was no way Peterman was winning a "QB competition" in TC?

Or does it go back to me saying we weren't really very likely to draft a QB early last year?

Or does it go back to me saying McDermott as a new HC last year was much more likely to keep Taylor as his QB for another year or two?

Honestly are you just mad at me all the time because I've been right so much that deep down it scares you like a small child knowing that I've been saying I think it's unlikely Tyrod is just cut before his roster bonus is due, a bit more likely that he's traded likely in a package to move up in the draft, and probably about as likely McDermott decides to keep Taylor for another year, especially after the Dabol hire, which I believe makes it more rather than less likely Taylor's still under center in 2018?

If that scares you, don't worry, I also steadfastly believe we're drafting a QB in the first, probably through a trade up. And I think that QB will be given every opportunity to start sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You and jmc both keep bringing up that bet.

Why?

You mad that I won both of those light-hearted fun bets?

Or are you mad that despite the fact that you and your ilk were shouting from the mountaintop for a couple years that there was no way we'd make the playoffs with Taylor under center?

I wonder if us making the playoffs was bittersweet for you since one of your foundational beliefs was proven wrong.

Or does your bitterness go back to when I said there was no way Peterman was winning a "QB competition" in TC?

Or does it go back to me saying we weren't really very likely to draft a QB early last year?

Or does it go back to me saying McDermott as a new HC last year was much more likely to keep Taylor as his QB for another year or two?

Honestly are you just mad at me all the time because I've been right so much that deep down it scares you like a small child knowing that I've been saying I think it's unlikely Tyrod is just cut before his roster bonus is due, a bit more likely that he's traded likely in a package to move up in the draft, and probably about as likely McDermott decides to keep Taylor for another year, especially after the Dabol hire, which I believe makes it more rather than less likely Taylor's still under center in 2018?

If that scares you, don't worry, I also steadfastly believe we're drafting a QB in the first, probably through a trade up. And I think that QB will be given every opportunity to start sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

I don’t think you understand my opinions on Tyrod any more than you understand QB play.

Ive long said a Tyrod (or Orton, or fitz) could get a team there. I don’t believe the playoffs are some insurmountable accomplishment - which makes the last two decades all the more frustrating. I’ve even argued Tyrod could win some playoff games but that I don’t think he has much of a shot to string together the type of run that a super bowl requires... or the type of play that gets you to the playoffs year in and year out. 

i likewise think there’s a good chance that Tyrod plus a first rounder would make the most sense unless we get a good deal or surprise opportunity. I am capable of reconciling that he’s not good enough with the fact that he’s better than many and there are cap implications to a move.  But we need to open up the offense and have him make plays. As was, the situation made little sense moving forward. With the new oc- maybe.

yup, I too think the peterman gang is crazy 

But alas, it’s your whacky obsession with him where we diverge. I find it amusing and will throw a joke your way now and again. No real harm or animosity meant- but I’m going to occasionally tease you for starting so many threads about him or pointing fingers at the third string TE when we score 3 points.

Our offense needed a change and production at qb has been a major problem. That’s several factors contributing but the biggest is qb. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think you understand my opinions on Tyrod any more than you understand QB play.

Ive long said a Tyrod (or Orton, or fitz) could get a team there. I don’t believe the playoffs are some insurmountable accomplishment - which makes the last two decades all the more frustrating. I’ve even argued Tyrod could win some playoff games but that I don’t think he has much of a shot to string together the type of run that a super bowl requires... or the type of play that gets you to the playoffs year in and year out. 

i likewise think there’s a good chance that Tyrod plus a first rounder would make the most sense unless we get a good deal or surprise opportunity. I am capable of reconciling that he’s not good enough with the fact that he’s better than many and there are cap implications to a move.  But we need to open up the offense and have him make plays. As was, the situation made little sense moving forward. With the new oc- maybe.

yup, I too think the peterman gang is crazy 

But alas, it’s your whacky obsession with him where we diverge. I find it amusing and will throw a joke your way now and again. No real harm or animosity meant- but I’m going to occasionally tease you for starting so many threads about him or pointing fingers at the third string TE when we score 3 points.

Our offense needed a change and production at qb has been a major problem. That’s several factors contributing but the biggest is qb. 

Well crap, now you made me respect you a little.

Damn you!

Fair enough. We're closer in beliefs than I think either of us thought. Your feelings on how I really feel about Taylor are probably a bit exaggerated, but oh well, it's the Internet.

I'm just excited to see what happens this offseason at QB. And whatever QB we acquire via draft or trade or whatever damn well better be a better QB than Case Keenum or Blake Bortles or Nick Foles despite the fact that everyone is a victim of the moment right now.

• Like (+1) 1