A Bills Fan Dilemma - Which Hated Team Do You Support: Patriots or Jaguars?

BuffaloRush

Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship

• New England Patriots
    • Jacksonville Jaguars

23 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I always root against the Pats*, going back to the days of Babe Parelli.  

When the Bills were good and those Pats teams were awful, I bore them no ill will. IT was all about the Dolphins. 

Brady and Belicheck changed all that. 

14 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

If Dareus man handles Brady, I won’t be unhappy. 

I want Dareus to flop onto Brady 3-4 times. 

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

You are dead to me.

Seriously. The only reason I have some interest in seeing the Pats win the SB is that maybe that's the moment Belicheck resigns. 

Brady clearly wants to keep playing. He has more voodoo to sell. 

On 1/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, BuffaloRush said:

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Unless القاعدة (Al-Qaeda) fields a NFL team I will be hoping for P*ts to lose and/or cheering for Zebras and P*ts medical teams.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:09 AM, BuffaloRush said:

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!    

Is this even a question ????

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Unless القاعدة (Al-Qaeda) fields a NFL team I will be hoping for P*ts to lose and/or cheering for Zebras and P*ts medical teams.

I don’t know man it’s still a tough call 

On 1/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is going to reveal me as a Slimeball Personality.  My dream AFC Championship this year would be a NE to win, but for the Jaguars D (who I think are punks) to injure either Brady Gronkowski or both along the way, thus taking enough edge off the Patriots that the NFC team slides past them.  A 15 yard roughing the passer and/or unnecessary roughness and possibly even an ejection would be fine by me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/siragusa-fine-penalty-article-1.938392

"If it's going to cost me 20 grand and I'm in the Super Bowl, that's fine. I'll pay it,. I'll pay twice that. I won't tell them that, though."

- Tony Siragusa on getting fined for squishing Rich Gannon in the 2000 AFC Championship game. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/siragusa-fine-penalty-article-1.938392

"If it's going to cost me 20 grand and I'm in the Super Bowl, that's fine. I'll pay it,. I'll pay twice that. I won't tell them that, though."

- Tony Siragusa on getting fined for squishing Rich Gannon in the 2000 AFC Championship game. :lol:

I have never wished another player to be injured, but watching Gronkowski use the brace he's allowed to wear as a club to attack Tre White after the whistle seems to have changed something in me.  If the Jags did unto Brady as they did unto Taylor, face mask followed by slamming his head into the ground then elbowing it, I would not be sad.  And if one of those human clubs on the Jags DL takes out Gronk, a sad little scumbag part of me would be wearing a sh*t eating smile.

Those are my depths

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Best case scenario, as a Bills fan, seems to be:

Jax beats NE [Don't want NE even sniffing the Super Bowl because if they get in they'll win, one way or another: lights going out (yes, I know that was the Ravens/SF SB---but very Pats like), comeback, horrible calls by opposing team in crunch time, horrible calls by refs during crunch time, etc.---especially since the Giants won't be playing]

Minn defeats Philly [Giving it up for our Midwestern brethren of the church of 0-4 (Superbowls that is)...and they've been waiting longer than us to get back.]

Minn humiliates Jax in the Super Bowl (Minn ends their Superbowl drought giving Buffalo hope and Marrone looks like the mope that he is)

On 1/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, BuffaloRush said:

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!    

For me this game is basically the unabomber v. Isis 

Whatever happens happens. One of them has to win. Basically rooting for the Good Guys in the NFC to make sure nobody dies. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

For me this game is basically the unabomber v. Isis 

Whatever happens happens. One of them has to win. Basically rooting for the Good Guys in the NFC to make sure nobody dies. 

Were you thinking of Belichicks hoodie when you mentioned the Unabomber?  

15 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Were you thinking of Belichicks hoodie when you mentioned the Unabomber?  

That works.

I was thinking of the Pats as ISIS, since it’s organizational. Not just a face or individual.

Doug Marrone was the unabomber since it is just one guy. 

I don't hate the Jags. I hate their uniforms or maybe just their helmets. It's a shame that the NFL may have that helmet in the Super Bowl. That's almost as bad as any other controversy they had this year.

I don't care enough to hate Marrone. The way he left was lame, but, whatever. They're a pretty fun team that's a QB away from being an AFC powerhouse for years. Even without a QB, they're doing alright for themselves.

Ideally, the Bills ascend as well, and the two teams develop a new playoff rivalry like Pats/Steelers or something. 

The Pats, though, are dull villains. Tired of them. The Jags helmets are a horrible thing to put on a television screen but Brady's face is worse.

Either way, either the Vikes or Eagles will be the fan favorite in the SB, for good reason. 

On 1/15/2018 at 6:18 AM, Bob in STL said:

I always root against the Pats*, going back to the days of Babe Parelli.  

Dilly dilly!

I don’t know if I’ve ever been so disinterested in the remaining 4 teams.  My only rooting interests are against New England and since I have a couple of friends that are Vikings fans, root for them to have a home game for the Super Bowl.  Like us Bills fans, they’ve also endured 4 Super Bowl losses, but at least theirs weren’t 4 straight.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright