Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

Just now, MAJBobby said:

1 million Dollars. Gonna pay it?

I actually don’t need $1 million to make that happen thank you very much. FYI,  you are probably the most complained about poster here in the reports that we get. So there’s that… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Honestly what coordinator would succeed with the QBs he had to work with?

And how could Dennison succeed with the QB he had to work with. See again passing to others. 

Whats his style? Whats his blocking schemes? How route designs. Jesus people for as fast as you call came and said a great Hire i havent seen on post about ANY OF THIS 

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What sucks about you is that you never once change your opinion (so why come here) and yet you repeat your opinion over and over and over and over and over again, expecting the rest of us to change our minds simply by repetition.  It's just not how discussion works.

Changed my opinion a Bunch of times. Hated McD and his good ole boy earlier in the year. Convinced otherwise. The ONLY one i have never backed down on was TYROD and well we know how that worked out 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And how could Dennison succeed with the QB he had to work with. See again passing to others. 

Whats his style? Whats his blocking schemes? How route designs. Jesus people for as fast as you call came and said a great Hire i havent seen on post about ANY OF THIS 

Obviously you don't like this hire.  Who did you want, just out of curiosity?

5 minutes ago, Manther said:

Bobby you are derailing the thread.  It was a healthy conversation.

How? Just people saying great hire because of BB or Saban. Others saying no. How is that a healthy conversation where is the beef?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I actually don’t need $1 million to make that happen thank you very much. FYI,  you are probably the most complained about poster here in the reports that we get. So there’s that… 

Maybe weekly ban the most ignored person on the board?

I don't either love or hate the hire but there are a bunch of things to be at least hopeful about. It's almost impossible to hire a top OC because there are so few of them that are consistent. They have to have players, a good guy ahead of them, good organization and a good QB.

Obviously it helps three of the top minds in the game like him. If he was the one that immediately changed the offense for the second half of the national championship game versus Saban, then I am very impressed. It's impossible to know. I like that he is likely a Bills fan, and he has a ton of experience while still being pretty young. Part of a lot of winners. There is a lot to like.

In the end, for me, there were a lot more guys I didn't want than did. I'm good with this.

Welcome back to Buffalo, Badoll Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

And for what? Because I dont sugar coat?  Again dont violate anything so????

It would not surprise me if last year this was an option but Belichick would have blocked it. 

Also, can people stop acting like his NFL experience from 5 years ago is how things are going to go now.

Sorry but a guy that has an economics degree from U of R, is no dummy.  He has spent his time since being an OC last with the most successful NFL franchise and the most successful college team.  Do people really think he hasn't learned anything in that time?

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Maybe you should go read what i have said in this thread. Then tell me i have made uo your mind. 

But for a fanbase that prides themselves supposedly on football knowledge NEVER make a football argument. Do they?

You’re right Bobby.  Never has this fan base ever made a football argument.  100% of the time it never has.  Not once out of millions of fans.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't either love or hate the hire but there are a bunch of things to be at least hopeful about. It's almost impossible to hire a top OC because there are so few of them that are consistent. They have to have players, a good guy ahead of them, good organization and a good QB.

Obviously it helps three of the top minds in the game like him. If he was the one that immediately changed the offense for the second half of the national championship game versus Saban, then I am very impressed. It's impossible to know. I like that he is likely a Bills fan, and he has a ton of experience while still being pretty young. Part of a lot of winners. There is a lot to like.

In the end, for me, there were a lot more guys I didn't want than did. I'm good with this.

Welcome back to Buffalo, Badoll Bills!

It's more about Jimmys and Joes for me. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Pretty much this. Everyone is on Bobby's case though as he/we are not in love with this hire.

I'll hold back any judgement on the hire until I see what happens on the field but his history isn't promising. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach I guess but after sitting through Dennison's offense all year I guess I was hoping for a college guy to come in and provide some ingenuity. Daboll was not the name I was expecting to see.

1 hour ago, Mopreme said:

He inherited the bama job. Little experience.  Not a good hire in my opinion.  Def a money move.  I thought ken dorsey was the right guy.  We need passing focused offense ccordinator, not another run guy.  

Huh?

How did he inhereit the Alabama OC job? And how does he have little experience?

He was hired by Alabama off the Patriots staff, where he spent much of his career (2000-2006 & 2013-2016). 

The guy has 5 super bowl rings and a national championship (he's won both a SB and national championship in the past 11 months). He was Belichick's first hire when he got the Patriots job and was said to be one of Belichick's most trusted employees. Belichick said his knowledge for the game is 2nd to none and that he could coach every position on the field. It was rumored for weeks that he was going to be Belichick's replacement for Josh McDaniels if he gets a head coaching job. 

Daboll's been hired by Nick Saban, Eric Mangini and by Bill Belichick, twice. 

He's been an offensive coordinator for 4 teams (3 of them NFL teams) and spent 17 years coaching in the NFL. He's been a coach since 1997 and has experience as an offensive coordinator (5yrs), wide receivers coach, tight end coach, QB coach, offeisnce assistant and defensive assistant. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1