What does Buffalo need to improve

Ice bowl 67

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just don’t see LB as a pressing need. Brown played great and the rookies were better than advertised. Sure, add 1 in Draft or FA, but DL, QB & WR are our biggest needs, IMO.

Brown just led the league in tackles and will be overpaid by someone else though

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We need a LB, DE, possibly draft a QB if Rodgers goes down again, and an extra Offensive lineman. We definitely need improvement on this team.

Yall need a backup QB that can actually play and win some games when Aaron is out. This is the second season yall have had to waste because you have schmucks behind him. Seneca Wallace? Hundley?  Really?

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just don’t see LB as a pressing need. Brown played great and the rookies were better than advertised. Sure, add 1 in Draft or FA, but DL, QB & WR are our biggest needs, IMO.

Brown was OK but as MLB he really is not a strong fit for what I think McDermott wants out of his defense.

4 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We need a LB, DE, possibly draft a QB if Rodgers goes down again, and an extra Offensive lineman. We definitely need improvement on this team.

I kind of thought you might need more than that on D (and on OL).  Rodgers too often is playing "run for your life" back there.  No one is better at making plays while running for his life, but you kind of need to keep him cleaner.

Seems like the Pack really hasn't had a strong D since they won the Superbowl in 2010.  I was thinking 2-3 LB (need to start feeding Linebacker U at a faster rate), maybe 2 DE and start looking for DT as well...are you really happy with Mike Daniels?  Also need depth at DB

On 1/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

Well besides QB, our LBs need 2 athletic starters and our DL needs 2 DT's. 

We need to upgrade the athletes in our front 7.

That sums it up nicely.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:53 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

John Miller or Groy should have been starting at RG, Ducasse is our OL coaches guy. Dawkins and Glenn hopefully are our OT's. This should be a top OL when healthy.

I don't know, I agree on Miller but Groy maybe our starting center next year.

37 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That sums it up nicely.

I don't know, I agree on Miller but Groy maybe our starting center next year.

We jusr gave E.Wood an extension. You think he’ll be cut or sitting on the bench? 

I really think we are too thin at too many positions to go out and create another issue, on an already struggling OL

8 hours ago, Mango said:

We jusr gave E.Wood an extension. You think he’ll be cut or sitting on the bench? 

I really think we are too thin at too many positions to go out and create another issue, on an already struggling OL

Groy's a Mauler and didn't have any business sitting on the bench. He's going to be a starter and Wood have slipped. What's wrong with having a quality back up like that on your team though. I know they extended him but in a flat out competition I'm anxious to see which one of them comes out on top.

Edited by Green Lightning

First, I'd resign these UFAs: Gaines, Kyle, Leonard Johnson, Matthews, and Humber (as depth)---I don't think any of those guys will break the bank to resign

And I'd tender these RFAs: O'Leary and Logan Thomas

The next big questions are what are you doing with Cordy, Tyrod, and P. Brown

I'd probably keep Cordy (if healthy, as either LT or RT with Dion at the other position), move on from Brown, and move on from Tyrod (if we can get a decent QB in FA)

And of course that leads us to the QB question:

Best case: Get a Cousins or Smith in FA, draft a QB (w/o giving up the farm), and you have Peterman

Plan B: Go get a top QB in the draft (whatever you have to give up), get a backup FA vet QB, Peterman

Plan C: Draft QB high, keep Tyrod, Peterman

In Free Agency, I want to get:

DT (want a vet at this position), QB (Smith/Cousins type or backup vet), LB (starting caliber), a safety for depth, and possibly a RG (either here or in the draft---would prefer to draft RG as a good enough vet might cost too much)

And then in the draft I go after:

QB (to start and/or groom), DE (pass rusher), #2 WR (fast, but not just a speed guy), a LB (to fill whichever LB position you didn't address in FA), RG (if you don't get one in FA), RB (as a #2 with potential to be a #1 down the road), CB (making sure that either the CB or WR you draft has kick returning skills), then fill for depth

That seems like a lot to ask in a draft, but maybe not this year as we have so much draft capital (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7)---unless we move up for a QB---and last draft, we were getting quality players into the 5th round.

Edited by folz

On 1/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

In order to become a Super Bowl caliber team next year? Which areas of the team defensively and on offense?

They just need to improve at QB, backup rb, the wr corp, OL, DL and linebackers. And that might just be to revisit the playoffs. The AFC sucking again wouldn't hurt either.

We need Yac attack guys . 2 more 3 down RBs sign Jerrick Mckinnon and draft Sony Michel in 2nd rd. Get me some wrs with speed and wiggle . Guys that can take a slant to the house. The future of the NFL is here and Yac attack is at the forefront of offensive play. Just look at all the playoff teams. They all imploy 3 RBs that can do it all and have Wrs that can run after the catch.

36 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

We need Yac attack guys . 2 more 3 down RBs sign Jerrick Mckinnon and draft Sony Michel in 2nd rd. Get me some wrs with speed and wiggle . Guys that can take a slant to the house. The future of the NFL is here and Yac attack is at the forefront of offensive play. Just look at all the playoff teams. They all imploy 3 RBs that can do it all and have Wrs that can run after the catch.

Its hard to get yac when the QB waits for his receiver to be standing still.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Its hard to get yac when the QB waits for his receiver to be standing still.  

Well that train is never late. You honestly are relentless. how about we just acknowledge the dude has a real point instead of needless incessant digs at the qb. 

there's the fact that Benjamin has never been a yac guy and then got hurt and that Matthews looked like an undersized TE laboring down the field but even slower than regular sized ones. And that clay is really the only pass catcher on the team to ever have shown the ability run after the catch and that’s seemed to pass him by. 

the dude has a point. why keep beating the dead horse?

Edited by Stank_Nasty