smith = bledsoe

seems kinda played but smith = bledsoe will get us close but no enuff to carry us in tt can at least do that although his pocket pres isnt there...i dont know who would work in this offense at this point no solid targets to say ok lets get a new guy 

yea i know it seems crazy but those of you that remember think about it bledsoe was good as well. just not enuff. dont seem to be a answer yet i wanna see us use those picks smart for a change.

My main concern about any QB for next year is mobility. I think that if we get a statue back there (Bledsoe esque) then we will have to improve the line. one of the reasons that our line has great stats right now is because Tyrod is elusive, and can escape the rush.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, scottdoomed said:

seems kinda played but smith = bledsoe will get us close but no enuff to carry us in tt can at least do that although his pocket pres isnt there...i dont know who would work in this offense at this point no solid targets to say ok lets get a new guy 

yea i know it seems crazy but those of you that remember think about it bledsoe was good as well. just not enuff. dont seem to be a answer yet i wanna see us use those picks smart for a change.

After taking a few minutes to translate this post, I think I figured out you are trying to say Alex Smith would be the second coming of Drew Bledsoe. I had not thought of that before. On the surface that seems like a valid assessment, but with this one big exception: Smith is far more mobile than Bledsoe ever was. Bledsoe was a statue as a QB. He couldn't move. I would say the more accurate correlation--if it should happen--would be Bledsoe to Sam Bradford. If he and Bledsoe ran a 100 yard dash race, it would be close, both coming in around 35 seconds--but the truth is, neither would finish because they would both somehow get hurt in that 100 yards.

18 minutes ago, Young34 said:

My main concern about any QB for next year is mobility. I think that if we get a statue back there (Bledsoe esque) then we will have to improve the line. one of the reasons that our line has great stats right now is because Tyrod is elusive, and can escape the rush.

Not all of the problem, but a sizeable portion of the problems in pass protection is that Taylor tends to hold the ball too long. Also not helping is when he starts to move in the pocket the lineman may not know where he is and can't effectively block defenders away. Get a guy that can get the ball out quick and the line is not as bad as people think.

So on the day of our 1st playoff game in 18 years you want to theorize that Alex Smith might be Bledsoe ish IF we were to pursue him in the off-season? Let's discuss the playoffs..plenty of time in the year to discuss upcoming player transactions. Just praying you took too much cough syrup this morning and thought postseason plans had begun..

Go Bills! Go TT..Get this playoff WIN!!

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bledsoe was much better. This was Alex Smith's best year by far. He's not very good

For his last 2.5 years in Buffalo, Brain Dead Drew was far, far worse than Alex Smith.

That being said, I don't want any part of Smith,... save that draft pick, spend an earlier one on a QB, and keep TT if necessary until the QB pick is ready.

I think Smith may be the smarter QB, just doesn't have all the physical skills of the great ones.  Bledsoe had the skills, but struggled to make the right pass.  But of all the QB's who struggled with the mental part of it, Bledsoe was still one of the better ones, but just not quite as good as say a Brady, Rodgers, Elway, etc.

But do think Bledsoe was much better than Smith overall

We need a BOLD move this off season. 

First, Alex Smith is a huge upgrade from Tyrod Taylor. HUGE upgrade. 

We need to bring in Smith or we need to throw caution to the wind and make a huge trade to bring in one of the big four. 

Or....there’s a huge chance we don’t trade up and target Mason Rudolph....

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Rico said:

For his last 2.5 years in Buffalo, Brain Dead Drew was far, far worse than Alex Smith.

That being said, I don't want any part of Smith,... save that draft pick, spend an earlier one on a QB, and keep TT if necessary until the QB pick is ready.

I miss the Bledsoe days on TSW.  Good times.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Rico said:

We got Drew at the end of his career as he was declining. He did have 1 good year. He had plenty of good years prior that were much better than any of Alex's best.

So which one would you rather have for 2018?

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

(Of course, I'm assuming that both the Chiefs and the Bengals would be ready to move on).  Note that we should also take into account their contracts (or expected contract for Cousins) + what we'd likely have to give up for them (for Smith and Dalton).

EDIT: I'd go for Dalton. One year left on his contract, and I'm guessing a 2nd rounder would do it. Younger than Smith. Cheaper/shorter term than Cousins. Allows for development of a rookie QB if they choose not to re-sign him. Plus we all know that Dalton has an epic record of failure in Sunday/Monday night games, but given the infrequency with which the Bills play in those prime time slots, this would not be a problem in Buffalo ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I think people forget Bledsoe or particularly the actual situations he played in.  Bledsoe played his first season with Riemersma, Centers, Price, and Moulds.  All four of those players were good for 50 to 80 catches.  Then they lost all but one of those players and Bledsoe was exposed as a statue and the only reason we sniffed the playoffs is because of the defense. 

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

(Of course, I'm assuming that both the Chiefs and the Bengals would be ready to move on).  Note that we should also take into account their contracts (or expected contract for Cousins) + what we'd likely have to give up for them (for Smith and Dalton).

EDIT: I'd go for Dalton. One year left on his contract, and I'm guessing a 2nd rounder would do it. Younger than Smith. Cheaper/shorter term than Cousins. Allows for development of a rookie QB if they choose not to re-sign him. Plus we all know that Dalton has an epic record of failure in Sunday/Monday night games, but given the infrequency with which the Bills play in those prime time slots, this would not be a problem in Buffalo ...

How bout swap TT for Dalton, and keep our drafts picks = division contender ...

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

We need a BOLD move this off season. 

First, Alex Smith is a huge upgrade from Tyrod Taylor. HUGE upgrade. 

We need to bring in Smith or we need to throw caution to the wind and make a huge trade to bring in one of the big four. 

Or....there’s a huge chance we don’t trade up and target Mason Rudolph....

He’d be a major upgrade for sure. 

29 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He’d be a major upgrade for sure. 

I felt I’ve had to include that because I’ve heard people say Tyrod’s a good, solid starter, just like Alex Smith and I think Smith is on another level. Smith is in the level just below elite. He’s not in the top 5, but you’ll always have a shot.

i just wanna see the bills  go far ..wasnt trying to get cryptic or picky the focus is on game today

im already tired of alex smith crap he is no better than bledsoe all im saying.

penguin = roadracer er runner hahaha no not close they both suck. i see ya man.

blabbermouth ? really? they signed nickelback ruined there street cred.

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I felt I’ve had to include that because I’ve heard people say Tyrod’s a good, solid starter, just like Alex Smith and I think Smith is on another level. Smith is in the level just below elite. He’s not in the top 5, but you’ll always have a shot.

Much of this is right but it took Smith what 10 years as a starter to get to where he is?  Even his first seasons with the Chiefs, hell even last year, look much like Taylors.

Bledsoe was slooow , like a statue at the end.   Smith moves well.  Bledsoe had a better arm.  They are not really a like at all.  Smith is 33 with probably 3-5 solid years left him 

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

E.  anybody but A