Jags attempt to insult bills...but....!!!

TonyBeets

Vivid Seats, an online ticket outlet, reported that 20 percent of the tickets it sold for Sunday went to customers with New York state ZIP codes.

SO if 20% were just a total from vivd seats and there are plenty of Bills fans that went direct or had other connections via stub hub etc... .. and many Bills fans wil be coming from non NY zip codes.. It looks like its going to be at least 30% Bills fans there

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

SO if 20% were just a total from vivd seats and there are plenty of Bills fans that went direct or had other connections via stub hub etc... .. and many Bills fans wil be coming from non NY zip codes.. It looks like its going to be at least 30% Bills fans there

Unless a good portion of those 20% are Jax fans in NY.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Unless a good portion of those 20% are Jax fans in NY.

fat chance....Jax fans don't move north... They're not man or woman enough to handle the winters

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

fat chance....Jax fans don't move north... They're not man or woman enough to handle the winters

And they would say we’re not man enough to handle their humidity 

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

And they would say we’re not man enough to handle their humidity 

East coast humidity in Buffalo late July and August is eaiser to adjust to in the south then 10 degrees with a wind chill of of -1 for souterners to move north IMO

Heck I've heard more than once that construction workers who migrated from the NE rust belt down south were some of the best workers to hire.. they didn't take siestas like the locals did

Edited by ddaryl

24 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Thats 20% of the tickets that they sold.  I dont think that would include tickets that went to the season ticket holders.   30% would be nice but likely that that high

1 minute ago, artmalibu said:

Thats 20% of the tickets that they sold.  I dont think that would include tickets that went to the season ticket holders.   30% would be nice but likely that that high

right but add in the bills allotment stub hub / local fans who sold their seasons playoffs tix for profit etc... I'm stil thinking close to 30%

but yeah that may be high.. we shall see I voted 30% on the other thread

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

So accounting for the 6 season ticket holders it's really only 19.9999 percent

Here's how Timmah Graham reports on it, because there ain't no party like a Tim Graham hates Buffalo Fan party.

ntdso5ER_bigger.jpgTim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham
FollowingFollowing @ByTimGraham
More

Tim Graham Retweeted Buffalo Bills

While this is a sick burn, the Bills haven’t hosted a playoff game since December 1996 and couldn’t sell out some playoff games during their Super Bowl years. The Comeback, which turned 25 years old this week, was blacked out on local TV.

Edited by LABillzFan

33 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

That doesn't mean 20% of the stadium.  Let's say the total inventory being sold by these sites is 40% of the stadium (high estimate imo) and 20% of those went to Bills fans, we're talking 8% of a 69,000 seat stadium.   Now if Bills fans are coming in droves and hit 50% or more of those aftermarket tickets (which it sounds like they may be) we're at 20% or more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jukester said:

That doesn't mean 20% of the stadium.  Let's say the total inventory being sold by these sites is 40% of the stadium (high estimate imo) and 20% of those went to Bills fans, we're talking 8% of a 69,000 seat stadium.   Now if Bills fans are coming in droves and hit 50% or more of those aftermarket tickets (which it sounds like they may be) we're at 20% or more.

the “NY Zip code” thing is a huge red herring.

There’s a ton of Bills fans who no longer live in the state who are willing to pay the big bucks to travel down for this game.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

the “NY Zip code” thing is a huge red herring.

There’s a ton of Bills fans who no longer live in the state who are willing to pay the big bucks to travel down for this game.

Agree.  Would love to make a trip from STL but can't swing it with such short notice.  

24 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Here's how Timmah Graham reports on it, because there ain't no party like a Tim Graham hates Buffalo Fan party.

ntdso5ER_bigger.jpgTim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham
FollowingFollowing @ByTimGraham
More

Tim Graham Retweeted Buffalo Bills

While this is a sick burn, the Bills haven’t hosted a playoff game since December 1996 and couldn’t sell out some playoff games during their Super Bowl years. The Comeback, which turned 25 years old this week, was blacked out on local TV.

I guess this moron conveniently forgets how the Bills have led the NFL in attendance for many years.

16 minutes ago, Jukester said:

I completely uderstood this..

It would be a combo of allotment tickets and multipe after market outlets and fans living down there going to the source directly

Edited by ddaryl

10 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Agree.  Would love to make a trip from STL but can't swing it with such short notice.  

A more telling stat is how many tickets are being sold outside of Jacksonville.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I guess this moron conveniently forgets how the Bills have led the NFL in attendance for many years.

They haven't lead attendance since the early 90's I believe.  With the new stadiums we will never lead in attendance again.

My guess is there will be 10K in Bills fans there Sunday.  It will be noticeable but in no way this will be like a home game for the bills or a pro Bills crowd.  Remember this is Jacksonville's first home playoff game in 17 years too.  They are probably pretty excited down there & rightfully so.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

That logic does not follow.  Your logic suggests Vivid Seats has and uses the total number of seats sold in its calculations,  but then you shift to suggest that Vivid Seat's 20% for the number of tickets sold from NY zip codes represents only those sold by Vivid Seats.  If Vivid Seats has been selling 20% of its available seats to New Yorkers, there is no reason to suggest a similar ratio wouldn't be experienced by other ticket resellers.

20 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That logic does not follow.  Your logic suggests Vivid Seats has and uses the total number of seats sold in its calculations,  but then you shift to suggest that Vivid Seat's 20% for the number of tickets sold from NY zip codes represents only those sold by Vivid Seats.  If Vivid Seats has been selling 20% of its available seats to New Yorkers, there is no reason to suggest a similar ratio wouldn't be experienced by other ticket resellers.

well not going to get into technicals here.. I understood the facts of the matter my appologies for not being more clearer but I still feel 20+ % could easily be Bills fans..

but other zip codes other outlets direct sales Bills allotment added in is what I was trying to say as a whole

Edited by ddaryl

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

East coast humidity in Buffalo late July and August is eaiser to adjust to in the south then 10 degrees with a wind chill of of -1 for souterners to move north IMO

Heck I've heard more than once that construction workers who migrated from the NE rust belt down south were some of the best workers to hire.. they didn't take siestas like the locals did

if you go any where down south and say you're from ny, you get hired on the spot 100% of the time. i ran heavy equipment and was an iron worker in florida for a few years. they love us northerners for work without a doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

They haven't lead attendance since the early 90's I believe.  With the new stadiums we will never lead in attendance again.

My guess is there will be 10K in Bills fans there Sunday.  It will be noticeable but in no way this will be like a home game for the bills....

No way. I am in Jacksonville now and I see zubaz and bills cloting everywhere. And seeing it is ONLY Friday night, I expect the droves to come down by tomorrow late afternoon. 25% + will be Bills fans. BTW cold as heck here ... perfect Bills temps! I just saw a sign that said 38°!

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 1