Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Cowherd has been pushing the narrative hard since the Jimmy G trade.  If it turns out there is both smoke and fire to him fair play.  When he first said it I though "neat theory but surely not." 

How good of a two months would that be.... the Bills break the drought and the Evil Empire crumbles.  Our division would suddenly be winnable again.  To be honest I don't mind if they win another Lombardi in February so long as that is it, the end. 

Well said.  Totally agree.  

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

Colin Cowherd was talking about this subject a few days ago. He said that from what he's been hearing, he's predicting that Belichick is leaving the Patriots after this season since the owner choose to side with Brady on such a monumental decision.

It would be so nice to have the opportunity to beat the Brady/Belichick team in what would be their last game together, and that game being at their home field in the playoffs. The Bills made the playoffs, so why not another dream scenario.

From your fingertips to God's ears.  That would be a just reward for roughly 18 years of Patriots-induced misery. 

57 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Brady has really not looked good this past 5 weeks. He consistently looked confused versus us, Gronk won them both games, along with the run game. We saw what Miami did to that offense without Gronk..

Had me thinking there was something internal going on, could be father time,but I never seen Brady look so vulnerable for a 4-5 game stretch.

He can still get the ball downfield, but against us I noticed that it seemed that he worked the boundary much more than the field.  They also seemed much more horizontal than vertical.  Made me wonder whether there is a bit of decline in his arm/shoulder.  And against Miami he actually looked rattled.  Can't recall ever seeing that before from him. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How many teams can have their starting QB get knocked out and even make the playoffs?  How'd Green Bay do this year without Rodgers?

The Patriots did not make the playoffs in 2008 led by Cassell.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Power struggle between the three? Yeah... I'm pretty sure Mr. Kraft wins any "power struggle" by default.

However, this seems like sensationalist nonsense. How the !@#$ do you have a "power struggle" over taking credit? Seriously, is that even a thing? A childish argument? absolutely. Frosty relations and bruised egos? Certainly. A "power struggle"? Not buying it.

Think Boozy Mcboozatron owner might be easily influenced after say 10AM every day?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is what I think will happen.  McDaniels will be the next HC in NE.  I wouldn't be surprised if Patricia sticks around too; he'll potentially have a lot of power and full say on the defensive side of the ball.

Ideally they both get head coaching jobs elsewhere, just before Bill decides to retire.... for a season. Brady at 41 on a team with completely new coordinators and coaches. I would love to see him flail for a season or two before hanging it up. O ya, best part is all this happens after they lose to the Bills.???

Edited by Turk71

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

He can still get the ball downfield, but against us I noticed that it seemed that he worked the boundary much more than the field.  They also seemed much more horizontal than vertical.  Made me wonder whether there is a bit of decline in his arm/shoulder.  And against Miami he actually looked rattled.  Can't recall ever seeing that before from him. 

Also versus the Jets. He looked rattled all day. Completed under 60% of his passes. I hope we get to see them in 10 days. I really think we can shut them down

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Someone posted his stats for the last 5 or 6 games vs first 10 and the decline was striking. 3rd down throws especially.  A lot of picks too. They don't look unbeatable.

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Someone posted his stats for the last 5 or 6 games vs first 10 and the decline was striking. 3rd down throws especially.  A lot of picks too. They don't look unbeatable.

Exactly what I said. Since their first game versus Buf, he has been bailed out by Gronk and his RB's both on the ground and through the air. Definitely beatable. 

Eh, I want to get excited about this but I can see it being yet another “challenge” that the Patriots overcome on their way to a championship - they keep overcoming these things both on the field and off, and it ends up just augmenting their dynasty narrative.

But hey, maybe this time karma finally wins.