Elway: Upgrading QB is the Broncos' Top Goal

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, I was going to say, CB, we already new this.  

I still think they should find the QB they want and go get him, wherever he is.

The larger point from a Bills' perspective is the competition to find a franchise QB.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The larger point from a Bills' perspective is the competition to find a franchise QB.

Agreed.

Not to turn this into another one of "those" threads, but if the Bills find their guy, have him sit next year and keep TT because yo have him under contract.

Unless their guy is an absolute stud, which he may not be if they don't move up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

In looking at the top 10 draft order it's still hard to fathom any scenario in which the Bills will be able to trade up and get one of the blue chip QB prospects unless they are willing to pull a Saints/Ricky Williams type of deal (and there's about 0.0001% Beane does that given the holes this team still has and others created in the offseason).

This is why I still maintain NP is likely going to be the guy by default heading into 2018 especially if we draft another 2nd/3rd tier rookie QB like we did with him last year.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

For what it's worth, I have asked Bronco fans here in Colorado for months now if they would trade a 3rd for TT, every one of them says yes.

Thusly proving Broncos fans don't watch Bills games.

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

In looking at the top 10 draft order it's still hard to fathom any scenario in which the Bills will be able to trade up and get one of the blue chip QB prospects unless they are willing to pull a Saints/Ricky Williams type of deal (and there's about 0.0001% Beane does that given the holes this team still has and others created in the offseason).

This is why I still maintain NP is likely going to be the guy by default heading into 2018 especially if we draft another 2nd/3rd tier rookie QB like we did with him last year.

Based on current records, I believe our two 1sts and two 2nds would just about equal the 3rd overall pick, held by the Colts, who I believe would be our target trade partners if we believe Darnold and Rosen are going 1 and 2 and also that the guy ranked QB3 is franchise-QB-material. Given their poor O-line play, I bet we could retain a 2nd round pick and instead include Glenn. There is also the possibility of adding a 2nd or 3rd round pick from 2019. 

Re: the bold, yeah, I really doubt that is why. 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Manther said:

is?UxcEE3umHYGG0LO7KaN8C0vANqUZlVgwvopDLtx0Q9k&height=341

Is that wendy? Lol

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Remember when Elway was such a great GM and QB evaluator? Seems like his approach was to throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see if any of it sticks......

Wrong. I would only say he did that for the qb spot. Everywhere else hes been nasty. I think he drafted and signed around 30 pro bowlers in a window.

I saw a video where they broke down the broncos teams after they won the superbowl. Elway built the sht outta that team, jus hasnt hit on a QB yet. And still has a ring as GM.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe it will be.

Hope so. But also goes to show what many have said you cannot have sustained success with an elite defense and blah taking snaps 

Just now, Jasovon said:

I could see them trading for Tyrod tbh

Why?

I see this alot so Why? 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Hope so. But also goes to show what many have said you cannot have sustained success with an elite defense and blah taking snaps 

Why?

I see this alot so Why? 

Tyrod has a great reputation around the league as some kind of unsung hero and was linked to the Broncos last offseason when we were considering just cutting him. Could be all smoke and mirrors but isn't that hard to imagine.

3 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Tyrod has a great reputation around the league as some kind of unsung hero and was linked to the Broncos last offseason when we were considering just cutting him. Could be all smoke and mirrors but isn't that hard to imagine.

His option wasnt picked up and Combine happened and agent took the market for him and guess what he redid his deal. That tells you what the other teams (not national media) think of him 

So how does the QB that has led one of the NFLs worst passing offense over three years upgrade Denvers QB room

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

The link came from because Kubiak was the coach and who knows Taylor from this days with the Ravens.

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His option wasnt picked up and Combine happened and agent took the market for him and guess what he redid his deal. That tells you what the other teams (not national media) think of him 

So how does the QB that has led one of the NFLs worst passing offense over three years upgrade Denvers QB room

Denver actually has WR, puts passes to them in the regular offense and an OC that would use TT's running ability - like also actually having an option game.

8 minutes ago, moshermw said:

Denver actually has WR, puts passes to them in the regular offense and an OC that would use TT's running ability - like also actually having an option game.

Passes to WR are regular in this offense. TT chooses not to throw them. 

Again they had their chance to take him. And Passed. Word out on TT so there is Nada that shows TT would upgrade that QB room like Elway wants 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Passes to WR are regular in this offense. TT chooses not to throw them. 

Again they had their chance to take him. And Passed. Word out on TT so there is Nada that shows TT would upgrade that QB room like Elway wants 

I'm leaning  towards agreeing with you.

TT had his chance to test the market...it wasn't that favorable for him and he re signed here

if Denver really wanted him they coulda made a play for him

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again they had their chance to take him. And Passed. 

They didn't pass on him...he chose Buffalo over their offer.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

TT had his chance to test the market...it wasn't that favorable for him and he re signed here

That's not true at all.

22 minutes ago, Manther said:

Thusly proving Broncos fans don't watch Bills games.

Like I said this was fan talk.  Most are calling Paxton Lynch a bust who can't stay on the field.

It's all about QB  in Denver and they (the fans) will take anyone at this point.

Actually,  most Donkey fans don't trust Denver selecting a QB in the draft.

Remember Elway was a trade.

The top 3 Denver drafted QB since merger are:

Jay Cutler

Brian Griese

Tommy Maddox

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

For what it's worth, I have asked Bronco fans here in Colorado for months now if they would trade a 3rd for TT, every one of them says yes.

What fans would do and what a GM might do are two very different things.  However, a more interesting trade might involve swapping picks and throwing Tyrod in.  

7 minutes ago, YesPlayoffs said:

That's not true at all.

WRONG it is true 

Bills declined his option. Taylors Agent checked the market for him at the Combine. NADA Taylor reset his contract in Buffalo

All Facts

so Again how does TT (who they passed on last year) HELP upgrade their QB room

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

What fans would do and what a GM might do are two very different things.  However, a more interesting trade might involve swapping picks and throwing Tyrod in.  

For sure!

See my post above yours.

Drafting QBs is a joke here in Denver.

WRONG it is true 

Bills declined his option. Taylors Agent checked the market for him at the Combine. NADA Taylor reset his contract in Buffalo

All Facts

They went all in on Paxton Lynch................result......................hurt again.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

WRONG it is true 

All Facts

Completely false.  It's just a message board fabrication.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said this was fan talk.  Most are calling Paxton Lynch a bust who can't stay on the field.

It's all about QB  in Denver and they (the fans) will take anyone at this point.

Actually,  most Donkey fans don't trust Denver selecting a QB in the draft.

Remember Elway was a trade.

The top 3 Denver drafted QB since merger are:

Jay Cutler

Brian Griese

Tommy Maddox

If Cutler was not such a head case he had / has all the tools.  The guy could have been very, very good.

51 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agreed.  I would think watching tape on TT this year he would be thought of in less of a light than last year.  And, last year, nobody wanted him.

4 minutes ago, YesPlayoffs said:

Completely false.  It's just a message board fabrication.

No it is not

was the option picked up?

was the Combine before re-signing?

did he redo his contract to stay as a starter in Buffalo?

1 minute ago, YesPlayoffs said:

That's not true at all.

8 minutes ago, YesPlayoffs said:

That's not true at all.

maybe I worded that wrong but TT 100% said he wasn't going to restructure and said his agent was going to look for a trade or ask for release if he had to restructure 

he ended up restructuring 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

WRONG it is true 

All Facts

I don't think TT helps Denver's QB options UNLESS they have changed their evaluations on their current 4 QBs and they are all graded worse than the previous year and TT is still the same.

Which I don't think the above I just wrote is the case at all.

No it is not

was the option picked up?

was the Combine before re-signing?

did he redo his contract to stay as a starter in Buffalo?

Do you have any proof?  Any link?  Anything that makes this something other than a message board lie?  Didn't think so.

You can choose to believe whatever nonsense you want, but don't say something is a fact when it didn't happen.