Doug Marrone press conferences

YoloinOhio

I was just thinking today about how often Marrone said he wanted to "smell the breath" of his players in his first few press conferences.  That's weird, dude.  Don't go around smelling people's breath!

6 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

He remains an arrogant and self-absorbed nimrod....I have no ill will toward him personally, it just sucks the way everything happened and the way he walked out. However, despite two years of Sexy Rexy, I like where this team is with McD and Beane. And no, it isn't just the playoffs, as I mentioned several times in several threads, I like the way McD thinks and I agree with what they've done with Watkins, Dareus and others...although I still didn't get the Darby trade, I'll give them a pass on that one and wait to see where the roster is come September 2018.

What didn't you get about the Darby trade?  He was horrible last year.  This year he has missed half the season and played poorly in the other half. 

6 hours ago, Manther said:

Exactly

Anyone who tells you they are a straight shooter is not a straight shooter.  Doug never got that memo.

Anyone that tells you what he/she is, is not that thing.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

What didn't you get about the Darby trade?  He was horrible last year.  This year he has missed half the season and played poorly in the other half. 

Anyone that tells you what he/she is, is not that thing.

Whoa, maybe chillax a little....I disagreed with the Darby trade and I still do. For one, he wasn't "horrible", he just had a great Rookie year as he had, "fifth-highest grade by a rookie CB in the PFF era" and definitely had a "sophmore slump" in 2016 no doubt, but for a CB with that kind of promise, it seemed premature and silly given the fact he is so young and playing on a Rookie contract. Additionally, he ranked 28th out of 117 possible CBs that were graded for 2016, so not good but not "horrible" either. Secondly, the Bills didn't trade for him until August, which means it could have been him and Tre White on the boundary and there is no guarantee his injury would have occurred in Buffalo, so he may or he may not have played for the entire season, that to me makes him a worth while prospect and doesn't make sense to trade a young, very promising CB. 

As I said, I liked all the other moves, but that one made the least sense to me given the fact the team was going to depend on Defense to remain competitive and that Zay was a natural slot WR which is where Jordan Matthews excelled. However, EJ Gaines has done really well so I give that to Beane and company...again, I'm just saying that I like where this team is heading and liked NEARLY all their moves, save the Darby trade. 

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Whoa, maybe chillax a little....I disagreed with the Darby trade and I still do. For one, he wasn't "horrible", he just had a great Rookie year as he had, "fifth-highest grade by a rookie CB in the PFF era" and definitely had a "sophmore slump" in 2016 no doubt, but for a CB with that kind of promise, it seemed premature and silly given the fact he is so young and playing on a Rookie contract. Additionally, he ranked 28th out of 117 possible CBs that were graded for 2016, so not good but not "horrible" either. Secondly, the Bills didn't trade for him until August, which means it could have been him and Tre White on the boundary and there is no guarantee his injury would have occurred in Buffalo, so he may or he may not have played for the entire season, that to me makes him a worth while prospect and doesn't make sense to trade a young, very promising CB. 

As I said, I liked all the other moves, but that one made the least sense to me given the fact the team was going to depend on Defense to remain competitive and that Zay was a natural slot WR which is where Jordan Matthews excelled. However, EJ Gaines has done really well so I give that to Beane and company...again, I'm just saying that I like where this team is heading and liked NEARLY all their moves, save the Darby trade. 

The Darby trade was a good trade. If you're running a system, you need guys that can play in that system. Darby is not a zone corner. It is what it is. I liked the trades because typically we keep someone, push them into a system they can't play and then they walk in free agency. They've done it right for once. A 5th round pick is better than cutting a guy. A 2nd rounder and a good player in return for a mediocre player is a great move.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope doesn’t make me upset. However that’s not even what I said. 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I forgot how obtuse and condescending he can be. He acts annoyed that anyone would dare ask him about leaving the Bills. He also portrays Dareus as a victim imo (he came via trade so he needs to be “smart” - as if he would try to exact some kind of revenge. Revenge for what? He created his own situation, 100%). He also refuses to acknowledge the uniqueness of the Buffalo fan base and compares it favorably to the Jags fan base. I get wanting to prop up your own but that sounded ridiculous given the two reputations. I hope the stadium is red white and blue on Sunday and he is yelling f bombs as he walks out of the tunnel. I can’t wait for the conference call today with the Buffalo media. 

Oh come on!

Jilted lover syndrome x 1 billion.

Doug should acknowledge how much of a better lover we were over his new girlfriend!

3 hours ago, Luka said:

The Darby trade was a good trade. If you're running a system, you need guys that can play in that system. Darby is not a zone corner. It is what it is. I liked the trades because typically we keep someone, push them into a system they can't play and then they walk in free agency. They've done it right for once. A 5th round pick is better than cutting a guy. A 2nd rounder and a good player in return for a mediocre player is a great move.

I’m sorry but disagree that Darby is a “mediocre” player....

7 hours ago, blacklabel said:

The ol' Douggernaught! One of the brightest and most genius displays of coaching I've ever witnessed in the history of all sports in all the world came from him during his first season (first game, even) as Bills head coach. That amazing coaching display I speak of? Continuing to run a no-huddle uptempo offense against the Pats with a one point lead and just over three minutes to go in the game. I do believe they went three and out around their own 30, punted to the Pats who then took it down the field for Gostkowski to hit a 35 yarder to win it. If that's not pure coaching genius I don't know what is!

I think that Cheats game was the same one Maroon challenged a Cheats fumble that the Cheats subsequently recovered.  An idiot and a quitter.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This one remains the best #TheAnalytics

That was barely English.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

13 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I’m sorry but disagree that Darby is a “mediocre” player....

He was calling Watkins a mediocre player, since he was traded for a 2nd rounder and a good player.  But Darby is mediocre.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was calling Watkins a mediocre player, since he was traded for a 2nd rounder and a good player.  But Darby is mediocre.

By what measure? He’s played in 8 games this year, has 3 INTs, 9 passes Defensed and ranks as “Above Average” by PFF for the games he’s played this year. So, if you consider that “mediocre” so be it, but that would be a standard higher than the “average” CB, which is synonymous with mediocre.

And I didn’t object or disagree with trade of Sammy, that I did understand. 

7 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

By what measure? He’s played in 8 games this year, has 3 INTs, 9 passes Defensed and ranks as “Above Average” by PFF for the games he’s played this year. So, if you consider that “mediocre” so be it, but that would be a standard higher than the “average” CB, which is synonymous with mediocre.

And I didn’t object or disagree with trade of Sammy, that I did understand. 

I understood the Darby trade more than the Watkins one, but they both worked out well for the Bills.  Darby was bad last year for the Bills and with the Eagles he's been hurt and then up-and-down. 

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he said on WGR once thst she used to get dirty looks at Wegmans. lol - how would anyone know who she was?

I confess. It was me. She had a booger hanging out of her nose, wax falling out of her ears and was wearing pajamas. I didn’t realize my reaction was so -wait for it..obvious.. Sorry, Coach.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, N.Y. Orangeman said:

The Marrone hate continues to be irrational.  They are nice people.

Its all for naught if you come across like a dick and make dick moves like he did the way he left.

If it walks like a dick and talks like a dick its probably a dick

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he said on WGR once thst she used to get dirty looks at Wegmans. lol - how would anyone know who she was?

Well, if she charged her groceries and handed over a credit card that said "Marrone" to pay, or pulled out a "Marrone" drivers license as ID for a check printed "Mr and Mrs Doug Marrone" that'd be one way?